Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 03 Jan 2001 05:05 AM by  Chuck Clark
Are there any road racing events near KS?
 7 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
98 SS

--
28 Dec 2000 05:08 AM
    I know Heartland Park occasionally has some road races,but I didn't think that was for the "little guys",are there any races for us?

------------------
    '98 SS #951
    minor mods
    Ted Johnson

--
    29 Dec 2000 10:55 AM
    Well scca club racing is for the little guy. That means you. I'm from Omaha and Heartland Park is the closest track for road racing for me. I know quite a few KC people though. Come and join the fun.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by 98 SS:
    [b]I know Heartland Park occasionally has some road races,but I didn't think that was for the "little guys",are there any races for us?

[/b]
    PhrankenPhrog

--
    29 Dec 2000 05:27 PM
    [b]I know Heartland Park occasionally has some road races,but I didn't think that was for the "little guys",are there any races for us?

[/b]

Little guys are always welcome at all SCCA events, and that includes at Heartland Park! There is also a track at St Louis, one at Memphis, and one at Hallett, OK. Your local SCCA club members can get you started or you can email me directly for more information.

BTW, if you are just wanting to get your feet wet without the full commitment of entering as a racer then why not go to a few events as a road race worker? We're always eager to help a new guy get started and it can get rather exciting working a corner at a road race!

Greg Laws
    RE, Wichita Region
    98 SS

--
    30 Dec 2000 02:39 PM
    Greg,
    How would I go about getting on as a race worker?That sounds like it would be pretty interesting and a good way to see what it is like to race.

------------------
    '98 SS #951
    minor mods
    Chuck Clark

--
    30 Dec 2000 02:57 PM
    [b]Greg,
    How would I go about getting on as a race worker?That sounds like it would be pretty interesting and a good way to see what it is like to race.

[/b]

My lovely wife, Alex is the worker coordinator at Heartland Park. Email her at AlexBClark@cs.com, and she'll get you set up with all the info you need.

I was a worker for years before I raced. I highly recommend that anybody who's thinking about becoming a road racer work some corners. Knowing what it's like to be on the other side of the wall helps you to make intelligent decisions when things go wrong. It also gives you an appreciation for just how much workers do, so we can have fun..... safely.
    98 SS

--
    31 Dec 2000 05:47 AM
    Thanks for the info Chuck,i'll be emailing her today.

Scott

------------------
    '98 SS #951
    minor mods
    gecko

--
    03 Jan 2001 04:31 AM
    being a worker is also one of the few ways you can get into Heartland as a spectator for SCCA events. Something in my humble opinion that the MW region needs to change if it wants to grow.
    Chuck Clark

--
    03 Jan 2001 05:05 AM
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by gecko:
    [b]being a worker is also one of the few ways you can get into Heartland as a spectator for SCCA events. Something in my humble opinion that the MW region needs to change if it wants to grow.[/b]

I agree. We need to open our events up so non-members can see what we do.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner