Rallycross info...
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Eric37

--
04 Jan 2001 06:33 AM
    This is the announcement of the 2001 Front Range Rallycross Series for the RMSolo mail list. This is an introduction to that series, and you will find a posting of the regulations which will govern the competition along with a VERY tentative schedule of events posted at the performance rally website - [url="http://www.coloradorally.org."]www.coloradorally.org.[/URL] As more is known about the exact event dates and locations we will update the schedule on that website.

The series is planned as six events scheduled every other month beginning in January and running through November of 2001. We will, based on the availability of sites, move the series up and down the Front Range to make the travel time as just as possible for all who want to participate.

The first event of the series is planned for 28 January and will be hosted by the Pikes Peak Sports Car Club at Rainbow Falls Lake outside Woodland Park. This event is an ice autocross in which Rallycross Series participants will drive the event to the PPSCC classes and rules and will be rescored for series points within their declared series classes after the event. Assuming that we have sufficient ice, I plan to predrive this event on 7 January to ensure that it will meet our needs.

Mark Misegadis is attempting to land the Rocky Mountain Speedway in Commerce City for our second event and I am continuing my efforts to secure access to PPIR for the third. The last three events for the year will be identified as soon as we know where we are going.

In addition we will identify other opportunities for your rallycross pleasure as we find them. Mark Cox is planning something for the Steamboat Springs area early in February and here on the Front Range we are working toward a special May event at Fort Carson. Steve JoHansen, the DCA rep at Fort Carson, is working hard to identify and help us overcome any objections that the brass may have to us gaining rally access to the Fort. Their next meeting is scheduled for 9 January and from that we should have a list of concerns that we in the CDR and SCCA National office can address.

We want this series to be a solid step in the drive to return performance rally to Colorado. As such, it needs your support. We do not, for the moment, intend to preregister participants, but it would help to know how many of you would be interested in driving the series and supplemental events if we are able to secure the land. To help me in understanding this, send me a post off list at threadbare402@hotmail.com and tell me if you are "interested in" or "committed to" driving the series. If you have questions, contact me.

If you drove Beacon Hill and thought it was the best fun you have had since...well, you fill in the blank - recruit a friend, come out and support the series. 30 to 40 participants will put rallycross on the map in Colorado.

Pete Mathewson
    Rally Chairman
    Continental Divide Region - SCCA
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner