Calif North-South boundary?
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Marv1

--
01 Jan 2001 05:18 AM
    Anyone know where the boundary is located that divides the northern and southern California chapters?

------------------
    Vehicles:
    '97 Nissan 240SX SE (stock);
    '99 Ford F150 Supercab 5.4
    Dave Jansen

--
    01 Jan 2001 12:13 PM
    Anyone know where the boundary is located that divides the northern and southern California chapters?

Marv,
    For road racing, I could think of no reason it would matter. I know of lots of folks who live in the Paso Robles/San Luis Obispo area and some are members of San Francisco region and some Cal Club. Appears that the defining criteria is where you plan to do most of your racing!
    Willow Springs and Button Willow + the Phoenix tracks, Holtville and Las Vegas are the Cal Club tracks and Laguna Seca, Sears Point and Thunderhill Park are the San Francisco tracks.
    If you are looking for Solo II/autocrossing I trust that one of the learned folks from those series will answer you.
    Hope this answered your questions, if not, fire away and I'll do my best!
    Dave Jansen
    Dave@RPMS-Motorsports.com

[This message has been edited by Dave Jansen (edited January 01, 2001).]
    BryanH
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    06 Jan 2001 04:49 PM
    We here in the Fresno Chapter SCCA are part of the San Francisco Region (see [url="http://www.sfrscca.org"]www.sfrscca.org[/URL] ).

If you're looking for some local Solo2 fun, Marv, you might try us. Entry lists are much smaller than at larger SFR venues, and as such we generally get a lot more seat time (5 timed runs has been the norm lately). On the other hand, we are currently site-less, but we are working on a couple possibilities from what I hear.

The Fresno Chapter is only involved with Solo2 and the occaisional road rally. For road racing, I gather you'll have to look to SFR and Cal Club.

Happy racing!

SCCAForums Image

Edit - I screwed up my first post at this forum. Don't I feel like a newbie!

------------------
    [i]1987 Toyota MR2, C-Stock[/i]

[This message has been edited by BryanH (edited January 06, 2001).]
    SmokeyBear

--
    25 Jan 2001 07:08 AM
    Hey BryanH.

Ron Branam here. I just discovered this forum last week and finally got registered. Have you heard anything about a site? At the meeting last Monday, the talk was all Castle. I sure wish we had a closer alternative.

Hey, speaking of newbies, how did you attach that picture? Is that one of Gary's?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner