Las Vegas Kart
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
daveds50

--
31 Jan 2003 10:46 PM
    ok, since we are on the subject of karts...
    Paul Durr got a new kart. his old one will be for sale in about 2 weeks. he needs time to take his Honda engine off of it.
    his old kart is a 1996 Tibi Shifter kart, and will come with a Yamaha YZ 125... the kart will come in kit form, basically take the chassis, and the engine, and put it together yourself. it does come with a engine mount, and a few spare parts. not a lot of work involved to be ready to run.
    there may be a few minor pieces missing, like bolts and small inexpensive parts, but it wont be a major thing to get a running shifter kart.
    the only thing wrong, is that the Yamaha 125 has an intermittent problem... it will run fine, then blubber after certain corners... it's quite possible it's a fuel delivery problem, but at worst an ignition problem... stater ?, ignition box ? should not be real hard to fix though. ( we will offer help, we just are not motivated to fix it for ourselfs... ) the engine itself is fresh, and after the problem is solved, will run very good.
    here's the best part. he only wants $1800 or best offer ! you will never see a shifter kart for sale anywhere near that cheap... ever ! ( kart guys, would you agree ? ) in fact, you would be lucky to get one for double that...
    the reason im posting it here, and not in the cars for sale section, if that we want to keep the kart local, preferrably sold to an auto-xer, and he will not ship it anywhere.
    anyway, for that price, im tempted, but i have 2 shifters already. the ultimate fun, bang for the buck, and i cant think of any motorsports, that can offer the amount of seat time available. ( 7 days, as much track time as you can handle ) plus, auto-xing a kart is a blast !
    if you are worried about getting it around, dont... a Harbor Freight trailer for $179 brand new will work fine. ( and i've seen them for $75 used )
    e mail me private if interested. i'll pass it on to Paul.
    see ya,
    dave
    WildManPiet
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    01 Feb 2003 08:27 AM
    I would agree it is a good deal.
    Paul cares for his stuff well, and the chassis even though it is a 96 has minimal fatigue on it.

1800 is a good price, and like dave I would pick it up myself, but I am have a Honda CR125, and would want another shifter with the same motor so I have spare parts that work on both motors.

If Paul were to post this on the lvkc classifieds section I think it would go very quick.
    daveds50

--
    03 Feb 2003 04:45 PM
    what ? nobody wants his kart ? nobody has e mailed me...
    dave

[This message has been edited by daveds50 (edited February 03, 2003).]
    Robinsonimages

--
    16 Jun 2009 04:43 AM

I might be intersted ! Ceep me in mind. But I may need some help with instructions.

Robinsonimages@gmail.com[^o)]

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner