Spec-7 Regional Class
 12 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
David Dewhurst

--
28 Dec 2000 11:46 AM
    Dave Schotz, within the Secret Car Club of America there is a class in some Divisions/Regions which shows up very minimal & also is not in the GCR for year 2000.
    This class started in the SoPac in I think year 1994 and is very sucessful (Large car counts at regional races). Some of the places the class exists are: SoPac Divison, RMD, WDC Region, CenDiv. The year 2000 Spec-7 rules can be found at [url="http://www.scca-milwaukee.org,"]www.scca-milwaukee.org,[/URL] click on "racing links", click on "CenDiv Spec RX7 info". We will have at minimum 8 cars in the Milwaukee Region during the year 2001 which is the 3rd year. We run as a sub class with the ITA group. On different sites I see new folks looking to get involved and this very economical class is hidden unless you know someone. Could you include this Spec-7 class within the Improved Touring line ?

Thank You
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv, Milwaukee Region Spec-7 #14
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Dec 2000 12:36 PM
    Hey Dave, I thought Spec 7 would be included in the Spec series forum? Although, I think you are right, you are talking about the Spec RX-7 right? Mayber I should add it to the 'text' below the Forum Header. As well as a regionally popular ITE?
    What do you think?

Thanks!
    Dave
    David Dewhurst

--
    28 Dec 2000 04:26 PM
    Dave,In the CenDiv Spec-7 (1981 through 1985 Mazda RX7's) run in a race group with the ITA, ITB, ITC. In the SoPac Divison I think most times they have enough Spec-7's cars to fill their own race group. Per the rules (within the Spec-7 rules there are references to the GCR Improved Touring rules.) it is still a sub class of Improved Touring therefor I would think that Spec-7 would be under the Improved Touring forum. ITS, ITE, ITA, ITB, ITC, Spec-7 (1981 through 1985 Mazda RX7)

Best info I can offer, Thanks.

David Dewhurst
    CenDiv, Milwaukee Region Spec-7 #14
    IPRESS

--
    01 Jan 2001 05:11 PM
    You probably could make a whole catagory for Spec 7, SRX7, and SMiata (it is growing the fastest of all)
    David Dewhurst

--
    02 Jan 2001 02:44 PM
    Dave Schotz, nice addition of ITE & Spec-7 to the IT forum. With reference to the memo from IPRESS, if the Spec-7 & or Spec-Miata receive enough replies, break them off on their own at that time.

Again Nice Job

David Dewhurst
    Dave Schotz
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    02 Jan 2001 03:46 PM
    Will Do! Thanks, feel free to keep the suggestions coming. I don't want to have a million forums, if possible, But I also don't want it to be so confusing that people won't know where to post 'their' topic.
    Thanks again guys!
    Dave Schotz
    brotherkicksave

--
    05 Jan 2001 08:07 AM
    anyone have experience with spec miata? drove an ssb miata in the 24-hours of moroso and it was a blast! lookin' for one to run in the SE and don't want to be alone! any feedback?
    Don40

--
    05 Jan 2001 12:09 PM
    "Some of the places the class exists are: SoPac Divison, RMD, WDC Region, CenDiv. The year 2000 Spec-7 rules can be found at [url="http://www.scca-milwaukee.org,"]www.scca-milwaukee.org,[/URL] click on "racing links", click on "CenDiv Spec RX7 info". We will have at minimum 8 cars in the Milwaukee Region during the year 2001 which is the 3rd year. "

David, good idea to get us included, but please don't forget the SWDIV guys, we are the 2nd largest group SRX7 in America.
    FYI: For our rules please check out [url="http://www.team-chase.com"]www.team-chase.com[/URL] or follow the link in the SCCA SWDIV homepage.

We run anywhere from 8 cars (terrible turnout)to low 30's, this year should be better still.

Happy racing SRX7/SPEC7/Pro7 guys and gals.
    Crack Monkey

--
    05 Jan 2001 01:54 PM
    Don't forget the WDCR/MARRS rules at: [url="http://www.marrsrx7.darksideresearch.com/specrx7page.html"]http://www.marrsrx7.darksideresearch.com/specrx7page.html[/URL]

I think we are one of the three largest nationally with 45+ cars total and 35 at each race. We too have our own run group.
    dplore

--
    11 Jan 2001 04:46 PM
    There's also the Rocky Mountain Divison
    Spec7 class.
    [url="http://s7.nu"]http://s7.nu[/URL]

Very similar rules to the SOPAC division and
    also quite similar to the MARRS rules.

-Darren
    RMDiv Spec7 Administrator
    7racing

--
    12 Jan 2001 07:05 AM
    Has there been a consolidation of the different rules for Spec RX7/IT7/whatever 7? I believe DC runs almost showroom stock and TX is more towards IT, and the Southeast has IT7 which is full IT rules.

In the Northeast, outside of DC, there is almost no Spec RX7. The rules prohibit current IT RX7 from competing, and once you get up this way, the donor cars are disappearing quickly. The harsh winters are taking their toll, and the Junkyards just crush the car. What a shame.........

------------------
    Jeremy Sheppard
    ITA Mazda RX7
    New England Region, SCCA
    David Dewhurst

--
    12 Jan 2001 01:05 PM
    Jermey & 1st gen Mazda RX7 drivers/owners following is best closeness of rules information available relative to Spec-7 (1981 through 1985 12A Mazda RX7) race class.

SoPac Division rules (started class in 1994)

Central Division (duplicate to SoPac Division rules)

Rocky Mountain Division (duplicate rules to SoPac Division other than in car radio,timming & altitude cool can)

Washington DC Region (straying from SoPac Division rules but close)

Southwest Division (somewhat IT rules per post above)

Southeast Division (full IT rules per post above)

Year 2001 will be my 2nd year as a owner/driver of a Spec-7 race car (any race car) and the reason I chose Spec-7 rather than ITA was that within the SoPac Division rules I should not need to constantly be spending development DOLLARS. A Spec class may not be the fastest but close together (driving not leaning) is FUN.

------------------
    David Dewhurst
    CenDiv, Milwaukee Region
    Spec-7 #14
    FASTNBLU

--
    30 Jan 2001 08:11 PM
    the pro-7 formula fits into the IT class better than spec-7. being about four seconds quicker,all it takes to convert is gutting the car and engine compartment, a few suspension mods.plus we dont need a smog certificate. We will have 40 plus cars this year, id say that is a successful formula. i also agree, bang for the buck you cant beat the 7 class, spec-7 or pro-7. there was some talk about making us IT7 but it would have killed the class i think. when the rest see how pro-7 is growing dont be surprised when spec-7 is dropped and replaced with pro-7. it costs about $1400 to convert but your gonna go a lot faster. also cars are all over the place on the left half for $100.

------------------
    DARYL
    BRIGHTWELL
    PRO-7 #90
    CSCC SCCA

[This message has been edited by FASTNBLU (edited February 01, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by FASTNBLU (edited February 01, 2001).]
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner