Why can't I give away my ITB Rabbit?
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ILenhart

--
18 Jan 2001 10:36 PM
    This topic ties in the posting of older IT cars. I have an ITB Rabbit that I've posted several times (many different web sites) and displayed with for sale signs with little response. Why is the market for inexpensive IT cars so weak? Is it because everyone believes they need to spend $40,000.00 to have fun? Is the entry level racer who is thinking about getting his feet wet in IT racing looking for "top of the class" cars? A few years ago, it was hard to locate any IT cars for under $3500.00. (I have first hand experience, because I was once a broke college student who wanted to get out on the track). Is there any broke college students out there looking for a study break on the weekends? Better yet, are they too busy installing body kits and stereos into their Honda civics and going to their local street race or drag strip?
    If you are wondering what my selling price is - $2200.00 with tons of spares.
    No problems with finding cheap parts for a VW Rabbit!
    khibbard

--
    19 Jan 2001 09:36 AM
    ILenhart,

I emailed you directly but thought I would post here as well. You seem to have the type of car I am looking for but there is a distance issue. Email me when you have a chance.

Thanks,

Kent [QUOTE]Originally posted by ILenhart:
    [b]This topic ties in the posting of older IT cars. I have an ITB Rabbit that I've posted several times (many different web sites) and displayed with for sale signs with little response. Why is the market for inexpensive IT cars so weak? Is it because everyone believes they need to spend $40,000.00 to have fun? Is the entry level racer who is thinking about getting his feet wet in IT racing looking for "top of the class" cars? A few years ago, it was hard to locate any IT cars for under $3500.00. (I have first hand experience, because I was once a broke college student who wanted to get out on the track). Is there any broke college students out there looking for a study break on the weekends? Better yet, are they too busy installing body kits and stereos into their Honda civics and going to their local street race or drag strip?
    If you are wondering what my selling price is - $2200.00 with tons of spares.
    No problems with finding cheap parts for a VW Rabbit! [/b]

------------------
    Matt Gent

--
    20 Jan 2001 09:30 AM
    I'm a broke college student, and I was looking for a cheap ride. But I recently bought the shifter kart, which will suffice until I graduate.

I'd have to say that the average young racer is looking for something a bit flashier than an old VW, but I love them...wish I had never sold my 84 GTI.

We're out there, just gotta run into the right person...
    apex

--
    26 Jan 2001 07:25 AM
    Have you tried [url="http://www.ImprovedTouring.com"]http://www.ImprovedTouring.com[/URL]

They sell a lot of cars in the classifieds.
    I bet you can dump it there.
    JHH

--
    02 Feb 2001 09:47 PM
    Unfortunately for those of us on a budget, distance is a problem. When someone wants to buy a $40K race car (or even a $25K car) spending another $400 or so to fly up and look at it and another $400+ to get it home isn't so big an issue. Bought 2 cars only looking at pictures and after the second disappointment (better than the first screwing) swore I'd never do it again.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner