How much will this cost to build?
 6 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
905.0gt

--
14 Feb 2001 06:22 PM
    I want to build an ITC Ford Fiesta. I have 2 cars, 2 motors/trans, and all the suspension parts already. What else will I need to buy? All I can think of is a cage and a fuel cell. I have a seat, belts, wheels, tires. Do you think I can be on track for $1000? Oh, I have to rebuild one motor, but I have all the parts except the gaskets. I don't want to be competitive (if I did I would buy a Honda). Anyway, thanks in advance.
    joegumkowski

--
    15 Feb 2001 03:57 AM
    How about a Window Net and a fire extinguisher? If you are on a tight budget, you do not need a fuel cell in IT.
    I think that it will be tough to come in for the budgeted build-out target of $1000. The cars you are working with will have to be real straight and rust-free to make this possible.
    Good Luck!!
    905.0gt

--
    15 Feb 2001 10:41 AM
    Cool, I did not know that a fuel cell was optional. I forgot about the window net, but that's not a big deal. I'll consider it a success if I come out at $1500 or less. ANy other ideas? Thanks again.

Oh, BTW the cars are old daily drivers of my friend's dad and are rust free.
    LEE CULPEPPER

--
    15 Feb 2001 07:02 PM
    Kill switch $ & SCCA GCR $& 3 club racing decals $ & if you run SARRC SERIES 2 decals $ { ECR decals free but you pay to join series $ & make sure your belts are less than 5 years old when you pay for the new log book $ and don't forget the seat back brace $$ and also consider a set of corner worker overalls $ so when the nickles and dimes have run out for the ENTRY FEE $$$$$$ and the cost of the TRANSPONDER $$$$$ you have something to do at a race weekend ASSUME you HAVE A TIRE SPONSOR are already an SCCA MEMBER$$$$ HAVE your new COMP LICENSE$$$ AND PAID FOR YOUR Physical $$$ AND NEW SNELL HELMET $$$----???????????? consider GO carting ??
    Anubis

--
    15 Feb 2001 09:40 PM
    If you could, a fuel cell would be nice. Preferred for safety purposes. If you can't have it by the time you get ready to race you can always throw in durin mid year. Good luck with the Fiesta. I had the "evolution" of that car before I got my Saturn... the Aspire. And trust me, it definatly aspired to be a car but I must say she never left me on the side of the road once.

------------------
    Lance Snyder
    Atlanta Region F&C
    905.0gt

--
    16 Feb 2001 12:21 PM
    Yeah, I'm going to put a cell in just so I don't blow up. I'm going to run solo 1's with it this year and ITC next year, so we'll see how I'm doing for money next year. My friends dad said if I decide to chuck in the wrench that he will buy it from me for what I have in it.
    JHH

--
    17 Feb 2001 09:05 AM
    This may be obvious, but go through brakes thoroughly. Boiled the fluid while co-driving someone else's car once because they "looked fine" to him--didn't crash and test the safety equipment somehow, but made a splash with the corner workers.
    New rotors, race pads and caliper rebuild probably. If it turns, stops and runs cool (temp, not appearence, you and the car) without dropping fluid or parts that's half the battle won while on a novice permit.

Hint 2: Never get your physical done by a doc who thinks racing is foolish or a waste of time and money. They'll enjoy putting you through the discomfort ("I think you need a DRE")and charge you $500 for the privelege. My NASCAR fan doc wouldn't charge me because he knew it would come out of my tire budget. Chalked it up as supporting the sport.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner