ITS cars
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
trave53

--
08 Nov 2004 10:41 PM
    i was wondering if any one raced z cars in ITS class. i don't know if a 280z or a 240z would be better for the track and why. i'm trying to build one now and don't know what i should build.

Thanks
    Terry Hanushek
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Nov 2004 06:59 AM
    trave53

[QUOTE]
    i was wondering if any one raced z cars in ITS class. i don't know if a 280z or a 240z would be better for the track and why. i'm trying to build one now and don't know what i should build.
    There early Datsun Z cars were very competitive in ITS although lately they have been eclipsed by other makes.

For in depth information including a Nissan specific forum you might try the Improved Touring BBS

http://www.improvedtouring.com/chat2/

Terry
    bhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Nov 2004 05:14 AM
    The 240 has more horsepower (better head design) and less weight. But keep in mind that even the 280 is over 20 years old, 240's are over 30 years old.

I would suggest buying rather than building.

Bob Hudson
    powerslide91

--
    09 Nov 2005 11:11 PM

The 240Z is still a great car for ITS. They are one of the lighter cars, so they are pretty easy on parts. They also have a very good nature in my opinion, fast and easy to predict at the limit. Plus, despite their age, they have classic looks. Of course I am biased :)

If your interested, go check out the classified section, I just posted my '72 ITS car there.

Jeff

Beer Stein

--
    05 Dec 2005 02:09 AM
    Out of the Z cars, the 240 was the fastest and easiest to set up and drive. L24 with E31 heads are probably a bit tough to get your hands on any more, but I had very good luck with one the first three years of the class. There wasn't a 260, 280 z or zx that could legally touch the 240. I have a complete car, unmolested in the back yard without a motor that I would love to part with.
    Harlan

--
    05 Dec 2005 01:18 PM
    If some of the new rules are passed the 260 and 280's will be getting a diet and that will help quite a bit.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner