ITS cars
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
trave53

--
08 Nov 2004 10:41 PM
    i was wondering if any one raced z cars in ITS class. i don't know if a 280z or a 240z would be better for the track and why. i'm trying to build one now and don't know what i should build.

Thanks
    Terry Hanushek
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Nov 2004 06:59 AM
    trave53

[QUOTE]
    i was wondering if any one raced z cars in ITS class. i don't know if a 280z or a 240z would be better for the track and why. i'm trying to build one now and don't know what i should build.
    There early Datsun Z cars were very competitive in ITS although lately they have been eclipsed by other makes.

For in depth information including a Nissan specific forum you might try the Improved Touring BBS

http://www.improvedtouring.com/chat2/

Terry
    bhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Nov 2004 05:14 AM
    The 240 has more horsepower (better head design) and less weight. But keep in mind that even the 280 is over 20 years old, 240's are over 30 years old.

I would suggest buying rather than building.

Bob Hudson
    powerslide91

--
    09 Nov 2005 11:11 PM

The 240Z is still a great car for ITS. They are one of the lighter cars, so they are pretty easy on parts. They also have a very good nature in my opinion, fast and easy to predict at the limit. Plus, despite their age, they have classic looks. Of course I am biased :)

If your interested, go check out the classified section, I just posted my '72 ITS car there.

Jeff

Beer Stein

--
    05 Dec 2005 02:09 AM
    Out of the Z cars, the 240 was the fastest and easiest to set up and drive. L24 with E31 heads are probably a bit tough to get your hands on any more, but I had very good luck with one the first three years of the class. There wasn't a 260, 280 z or zx that could legally touch the 240. I have a complete car, unmolested in the back yard without a motor that I would love to part with.
    Harlan

--
    05 Dec 2005 01:18 PM
    If some of the new rules are passed the 260 and 280's will be getting a diet and that will help quite a bit.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner