ITA Neon
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
DAve Brooks

--
25 Nov 2004 03:32 PM
    I am planning to build an ITA neon for next season. Can someone please tell me what things I am allowed to do now, as I would like to start now and not get behind by waiting for the new rules.
    :pinkie:
    Speed Raycer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Nov 2004 07:07 AM
    Do you have an 04 GCR? There havent' been that many additions to it, Tow Hooks are manditory starting in 05.

Assuming that your starting with an ex-SSC car, pretty much the only other required addition is the Master Cut-Off switch.

Not to knock this board but check out [url="http://www.improvedtouring.com"]www.improvedtouring.com[/URL] 's forum. You can spend days there reading through everything.
    DAve Brooks

--
    26 Nov 2004 04:04 PM
    No I don't have an '04 gcr.Waiting to get my '05 with my novice permit. I was told I can use camber plates and coil overs. How far can I gut the inteirior?
    bhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    01 Dec 2004 04:57 AM
    Speaking from experience - don't do anything before you get the rule book. Otherwise, you may end up spending money and time on something that's not legal for the class. (What! those poly motor mounts aren't legal?)

But to answer the "gutting" question. You can remove the carpet, headliner, sunvisors, and seats. Replace the driver's seat with a good race seat. Make sure you have the rule book so you mount it properly and to find out what else you can discard.

Don't know where you're from - I would advise that you find a mentor in your area (preferably someone who is experienced in IT competition) then borrow or buy an '04 GCR.

Bob Hudson
    Atlanta Region
    Quattro Jeff

--
    28 Dec 2004 08:56 AM
    Hi there! I am also prepping a Neon for ITA.

As previously mentioned, don't touch a thing until you check out the rules. The '05 GCR is now online. Check here for the ITA rules below (requires Acrobat 7.0)

http://www.scca.com/_Filelibrary/Fi...tegory.pdf
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner