kuhmo v710 info
 9 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sccaITSsentra

--
24 May 2005 02:34 PM
    has anyone tried them yet, if so what is your opinion ? how did they do , I have been running them since the first race and Im done with em but maybe im doing something wrong, the dont last and they go away after about 10 laps ? anyone had better luck and so on
    ratt_finkel
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 May 2005 02:19 PM
    It's the best Auto-X tire on the market right now. And while is proving durable, is not really approriate for endurance racing. They are much better choices for that venue. Don't be afraid to do some research as well. They are many many sites, with tons of info on either type of tire.
    sccaITSsentra

--
    28 May 2005 08:06 AM
    yea there great for a real short run, after about 10 laps they just fade fade fade , and pull apart... Im sure they would be awesome in auto x but the forget to mention that when you ask them about buying them for club racing. Ive seen lot of cars run them but you can almost watch it like clock work 10 laps comes and they start slowing down and sliding around ... As for getting info on them i looked up alot of stuff and asked around, As far as I know i was the only one running them in A sedan.. and no one had test info on my car/tire/class... shoot it took 4 phone calls 3 emails and over a month even to get a return phone call from kuhmo.. and even at that they didnt have any info of any kind, other then stuff I already knew that was just general common sense ... Im thinking of trying hoosiers anyone have a good good used set i can buy or try... Notice I said used not used up
    Richard Pryor

--
    31 May 2005 09:28 AM
    Here's some annecdotal information for you on the Kumho 710's...we use them on our SSB Camaro, which at 3500 # with driver and fuel, is probably a bit heavier than your A Sedan..the tire is the same you use (265/16's)..Nick Littleton is running his season on a budget so we've just been using the same set until they would go away...they finally did this weekend after three, yes three, double National weekends...Nick ended up with two wins and three seconds in six races and the tires stayed as sticky in the last laps as the first laps...the lap time fall off from brand new to used up is around half a second a lap...incredible...sure, if we had money to blow we'd have a new set every weekend, but with the Kumho 710's we've found it isn't necessary...and, thanks to the Kumho contingency plan, Kumho has effectively paid for his tires due to his finishing positions...and remember, with a showroom stock car we're running completely stock suspension and settings (of course, maybe that's the double trick secret), so if you're having the tires go away so quickly you might want to do some testing and setup to optimize their life and use...we consider ourselves fortunate they work so well for us...and as an added note we've found the same great performance and wear true with the Carbotech brake pads we're using....Nick is outbraking Mazda Miatas and the front brake pads have lasted the same three double National weekends...watch out at the Laguna National in a month as he'll have new tires and pads and ready for another win...rp
    sccaITSsentra

--
    31 May 2005 12:16 PM
    Wow thats is awesome, and yes you are heavier then us. also a lot less power and speed. That im sure is a huge part of it. And yes kuhmo owes me lots of contingency money aswell , which i havent seen ( they say 6-8 weeks ) have you got any yet ?. I would like to know what kind of psi you ran and so on but some times thats a seceret. Heck if I would have been giving any kind of confidence from kuhmo I might be wanting to still run them, but they told me straight out they didnt care about A sedan because Kuhmo wasnt an american tire there for nobody would want to run them so they werent going to try. I have found out alot about the tire and I know how to make it last know but it took testing many sets on my own dime to do that , where if I would have bought hoosiers or goodyears I could have asked one at track engineer and been pretty close of the bat, heck it took a month and better to get one return phone call for them to say they really didnt care..... Thats awesome that you guys are doing that well, and the fact that you can outbrake a miata is near amazing those little buggers can stop, even with all our upgrades we really cant outbrake them. You should consider yourslef fortunate that they do work Your the first to praise them yet, But good luck and see ya at the run offs... P.S. if you feel you can let me know your set up info for the tires id like to compare them
    Richard Pryor

--
    31 May 2005 07:00 PM
    No secret...we start cold at 25# all the way around..no big secret...yeah, I'm sure the horsepower has a negative effect on tire life but for this SSB Camaro combo it's amazing...rp
    sccaITSsentra

--
    31 May 2005 07:22 PM
    yea I tried numbers all around that. and they still would just heat up. ( polyester construction does that). the tire has a great sweet spot but it would pass that area 5 laps into the race... thanks for the info know i know i wasnt doing anything wrong... There is a few things I learned that greatly improve the tires durabiltiy and its lifespan... but There is still more to do and I wont do the testing they should be doing or giving me tires to do on my dime.. Now if they knew what and were to run them and helped ya with that info it be different ... good luck
    splash23

--
    06 Jun 2005 02:59 AM
    Your never going to catch the guys up front with Kumhos right now. Goodyear and Hoosier are your only real choices if you want to run upfront. I told you this. [8-|]. By the way just shook down the GTA car. REALLY the way to go.
    Scotty B
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    06 Jun 2005 10:10 AM
    I think I already told you this on another thread but you likely have too much camber in front and too much air pressure You need to be at roughly 34 to 38 "HOT" and depending on how much moisture you install with the air you put in them your start pressures could be waaaaaay off The710 does not like a lot of camber like the hooters and goodyears, maybe 2* max I happen to know for a fact KUMHO Tire is very interested in AS, they just haven't had a true front runner approach them. I am sure they are not interested however in putting tires on a backmarker and who would? There are T2 Camaros, T1 Corvettes & Vipers enjoying great wear on these tires and great results so your problems seem to be very unique to you only IMO sbw
    sccaITSsentra

--
    09 Jun 2005 02:58 PM
    scotty I tried that, granted im still learning set up, and I loved the kuhmo for 10 laps then I start cusing, ive done tire temps, psi, used all kinds of instruments, I know about the camber ive been under 2 and all over, they handle great just cant get them, and cant get them to not fade. If I had a new set or 2 a race it be different but I cant afford that. Im not a back marker by no means, Ive had a few good races, no DNF's and i belive im second in points. I guess it comes down to more I cant afford a new set every week like you guys get given to you. I can work out the bugs, just why when I can run on Goodyears or hoosiers, and be right there with no problems, last atleast 2 weekends, and have there help and support. I called kumho many times, they told me " we dont care about AS" rudy C. All I asked is for some info, some help some something and got nothing. I used up 3 sets of tires, Granted kumho paid me 900 but that still only pays for one set. I just need more money can I borrow some, PLLLLEEEAAASSEEE
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner