why is A sedan so dead ?
 9 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
sccaITSsentra

--
29 Jun 2005 07:07 PM

does everybody in AS not own a computer, or not know how to use one. Or Is everyone to busy to say a few words now and then.. Or do youa ll think your to good to use this thing ...just kiddin

who is going to IRP I just fixed my car spent 1000 bucks to fix it from the RA fudge up In turn 1

anybody else going ?

jkopp
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 Jul 2005 12:30 PM
    For some reason the AS community doesn't seem to be proactive in participating in online forums and such. Even the asedan mail list which has been around for quite sometime doesn't get that much attention. There are a few asedan folks who post regularly on the asedan.com site and the mail list regularly but that's about it. Maybe it's because us asedan folks have to spend a lot more time fixing our cars [;)].
    Richard Pryor

--
    02 Jul 2005 01:11 PM
    On the West Coast A sedan is dead...only two or three running the Nationals and one or two at the Regional level in the San Francisco Region...the reason in my estimation and those I know who have quit the class is cost...and California offers an option for those that would have run A Sedan...NASA took the 1994 A Sedan rules and froze them...no "performance enhancement creep" over the years, only safety upgrades...as a result this class has over 60 cars in California with fields of 20-28 cars at the races...Texas just started up and they already have over 15 car fields after a year...check out www.camaromustangchallenge.com and see if this class isn't the answer to your question.
    sccaITSsentra

--
    03 Jul 2005 07:07 PM
    camaro mustang challenge? an A sedan car would destroy an CMC car, there basically stock with a roll cage. most arent even over 250 hp. AI ( american Iron is alot closer, but still slower) we are right between AI and AIX. I have run AI and did very well they made me run AIX because of tires and No dyno slip, but I know my car qualifies to there power to weight ratio for AI. Anyways I just got back from IRP we had the largest group beside SRF, 12 cars. We all had a blast Sloe and I went under the track record, everyone had a blast hanging out. So its not dead here. And I was asking about the lack of post in the AS forum and not racer interest. They also have a series called american v-8 super series which is basically the same as AI but long travels and higher cost are associated aswell. NASA is a great series but until they have a nationaly televised event Ill stick with SCCA
    Jeff Robbins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Jul 2005 07:14 PM
    What were the results?
    sccaITSsentra

--
    05 Jul 2005 08:53 AM
    hey jeff how did you do in colorado ?
    Jeff Robbins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Jul 2005 11:21 AM
    Not so good, lost another engine. Will be back at the Cat National.
    sccaITSsentra

--
    05 Jul 2005 12:46 PM
    oh come on man in the mustang ? You need to lay of the skiny pedal on the right. so you didnt get any points ? or did you blow up the vette again. If it wasnt for bad luck you would have no luck at all.
    Jeff Robbins
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    05 Jul 2005 01:05 PM
    I blow up the Mustang.
    sccaITSsentra

--
    05 Jul 2005 05:04 PM

I blow up the mustang lol... Me tarzan you jane .... man you just cant get a break huh.

I still want to rent it for the run offs lol . or howbout you trade me for my car for the rest of the year.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner