Course chalk outline tool
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
ericdc

--
20 Jul 2005 01:10 PM
    I am looking for suggestions on a course outline chalker. I have seen clubs use carts of some type, presumably designed for baseball fields, and other clubs simply drag milk jugs full of chalk with a small whole cut in the bottom. Anyone want to offer a suggestion on the best option? Do the chalk carts clog? Any particular model known to be particularly good? Any other recommendations?
    BigEnos
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Jul 2005 01:48 PM
    Our club used to use a nice football field liner. Was a pushcart with a hopper/lid and it had an adjustable flow and everything. Made it very easy/quick to do. We used to use flour to line the courses and someone forgot to remove the flour once before we stored it. When we went back to it there were maggots living in it so it got chucked.

The unit we had was just like this:
    http://gmocart.gmotion.com/store/me...eldmarking
    cashmo
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Jul 2005 02:27 PM
    We use a ordinary [url=http://www.northerntool.com/images/product/images/255103_lg.jpg]lawn spreader[/url] ($20 at the hardware store) and duct taped the bottom so only the middle 3 inches is open. Works well with a 10 lb bag of flour. Helps lower the the newbies/jr kart DNF numbers.

Jeff

ScottH560
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    20 Jul 2005 02:44 PM
    We (CKR) too use a Football Field Liner with Lime Dust to chalk the course. Once it is lined, someone follows it with a brush and pulls the excess chalk out of the way. Not alot of dust created if a competitor goes over it with a tire that way.
    davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    20 Jul 2005 03:10 PM
    we use a football/baseball field liner as well here. Used to follow with a broom till we rigged up a small attachment to go on the bottom that sweeps it now for us. -)

we use the $6 a bag of flour at sams club. I think the lime was said to be caustic or some crap. Plus anyone who has been to a houston tour knows the lines turn brown and cook on the ground with a small shower. :-) IT's quite fully to see a bread brown line for the course. :-) And the birds love it on Monday.

David
    greghavener
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    19 Jul 2017 11:22 PM
    What machine does your club use to make the course lines and "chalk" material? Any special tricks to spreading the powder thin enough to degrade after the event?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner