Author Messages
Scotty B
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
16 Dec 2005 09:35 AM

TEXAST1 wrote:
SBW what was the out come? Did your Left Coast Upper half get it done?[8-|]

Yes of course, the rules basicly read, [i]"production tub on DOT with not too radical flares and wings and splitters with just about any motor mods, also included are all current and past GA cup & WC cars both T & GT"[/i] I am paraphrasing of course but really... How much more simple could you make it?

I happen to like Mark but this thing he is hung up on is crybaby BS and should go away, the guys in the NW cried the same tears about the WCGT Corvette(s) but it didn't work because that car was in fact on the same assembly line as the one they were driving back and forth to work same as the Comp coupe and the GT3 cup etc.

These arguments are weak at best and hang on the weakest of premises and symantics...

It's a freekin [i] "run whatyabrung"[/i] regional class for cripesake quit trying to keep people out and legislate yerself a [i] "championship"[/i]!

sbw

TEXAST1
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
16 Dec 2005 10:18 AM
I want to make it happen in the SWDiv. My C5 is going the way of NASA's new class GP-C. It would still easily run as and ITE car. I have no fuel cell and no intention of putting one in![:@] That keeps me out of SP down here.
mark kibort

--
19 Dec 2005 05:53 PM

Hey, I hear all of the thoughts. all good points. Again, I brought it up as many have been discussing this for some time. Im sure there are quite a few guys behind me too, that are driving well and have maxed out their platform in ITE , that wish the limit was based on matching their HP to weight!.

As far as the racing, its been awesome, with all sorts of cars showing up. Scotty, you ran with us this year and it was even better the next time with the world challenge cars showing up too!

the rules makers are not going to please everyone, but I just like to see a place for more of the grass roots type racing , with out the money being a dominant factor. as long as there is good racing, we can class it anyway we want in our minds to see who beat whom. I do think there has to be a limit of some kind, and the production car , non tubed frame on DOTs seems to be a good enough catch all in the SFR. If its worded up in the frigid north by calling frames, production based, then i guess everything goes. heck, i think many ALMS GT1-2 cars are "Production based" !

I have no problem if everyone can be safe out there, and it seems that they can. but its kind of fun to class the cars in someway. Heck, probably everone could be happy , if ITE was real production cars, and ITEp was all production race cars and more than 50% tubed framed production cars or HP more than 50% greater than that of stock, etc. Im saying this based on what i have seen out there.

generally, we had 20-30 car ITE fields. all of us were in the traditional ITE rules range, except the evo with the 2-3" wider flares, 550hp, etc. I think even he really fits the ITE idea, and there are so few cars to that prep level, in that case he deserves to win if he wants to buy a championship like he did. (nothing against the evo, as they did what they set out to do) However, i think bringing a factory produced race car in ITE even with those same specs is a distinct advantage. out of the box, a GT3 cup car can do much more with much less HP. (but is also expensive and probably cheaper than doing all the rework of a stock porsche 996 yourself) So, i dont have the answers. Whatever we did last season seems to work. I know more guys will be out there in all sorts of cars, and thats what makes it fun.

Scotty, I certainly am not whinning. those that see me out there can find an ear to ear smile on my mug. we are just jawing here!

However, it would be cool to have a national SCCA class based on the Grand Am cup GS rules. only stock cars, on dots, and a set of headers (maybe). ( 996s, M3s, CTSV, mustangs, 350z etc. )BUT, have no limitation on age. that way its kind of a blend of T1 and T2 with out all the stockish rules (interior, ride hight, noise, heavy weight, etc) and you get to run production cars with simple bolt ons and go at it! weight is regulated to match the Hp to weight ratios. (all 2700lb to 3000lbs cars with driver)

thats it! Just some ideas.

Mk

DanElam

--
29 Jan 2006 08:08 PM

The idea of an ITE-Big Bore and an ITE-Small Bore strikes me as a good idea. I am one of those guys who use ITE to go play, but some of it is because my car is forced into it because my Daytona Coupe is an example of an FIA-legal car (which is what ITE is supposed to accept), but it would have been in GT-1 if the SCCA had homologated it. Since it isn't in production any more, I can't apply to T-1 either. In anycase, if it wasn't for ITE there would be no place for me to play.

ITE does make for some interesting run groups and it almost always gives you someone to run against.

rmackintosh

--
01 Feb 2006 01:56 PM
DanElam wrote:

ITE does make for some interesting run groups and it almost always gives you someone to run against.

It sure does....and that is the way it is supposed to be...I love ITE! (since I can't afford GT-1 or SP)

zzyzx

--
03 Feb 2006 04:39 PM
mark kibort wrote:

the rules makers are not going to please everyone, but I just like to see a place for more of the grass roots type racing , with out the money being a dominant factor.

Sounds like you should try Spec Miata.

I'm not familiar with any runwhatchabrung class where money isn't a factor.

Here in Midiv, our top ITE car is a certain Viper Comp Coupe. I get to run only because ITE is a runwhatchabrung class and I never expected to successfully compete with Vipers on less than 1/3 the displacement and no FI. That's life.

ITE = Big $$$ class, period.

If you were able to compete on a reasonable budget at one point in time then consider yourself lucky.

Maybe that luck has run out...

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner