9/4 event follow-up
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
woodrufj

--
09 Sep 2005 03:32 PM
    Hey guys, glad you found an e-home for the time being. I’ve been waiting for the forums to open up again to pass this on.

I again wanted to thank everyone for the hospitality. I had a great time and will be looking for excuses to stop by your region in the future. If anyone is coming to the LA or San Diego area, drop me a line and I’ll guide you through the land of 250+ entrants.

Jay W
    505/287 Dakota

99mx5

--
    09 Sep 2005 11:40 PM
    It was good to have you race with us :)
    How did you like the track?
    -Ari
    VettesRule
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Sep 2005 11:51 PM
    It was a pleasure to have you compete with us. You sure have a fast Dodge!! Hope to see you again soon!
    woodrufj

--
    11 Sep 2005 01:56 AM

I found the course challenging, which is a good thing. Speeds are where they should be according to SCCA (a lot of regions are getting berated for speed creep at events). I don't know why I hit so many cones, I'm usually a pretty clean driver. First run on new V710s might have been causing me to pick up inside cones. I was in the same situation at the National Tour there in Feb.

To tell the truth the 3 cross overs scared the hell out of me. In my area we can't afford to send cars at anything more than a 30sec interval. So any cross overs we have are basically a loop at the start that is completed before the next car is sent.

BTW, Power in the truck is fine. The codes it was throwing were benign and the popping exhaust was coming from a backed out header to collector bolt. Power felt down at the event quite a bit, but I'm now convinced it was mostly the altitude and lost torque due to the exhaust leak.

Jay W

505/287 Dakota

old yaller

--
    11 Sep 2005 09:58 AM

Jay,

Thanks for the kind words and I will look you up next time I am in the L.A. area. Good luck at the Nationals, we will be following you. Looks as if Karl Bush (ESP)and Luie Moreno (?) will be joining you there, look them up.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner