AS brakes rule change
 15 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Racer5.0

--
28 Sep 2005 07:29 AM
    Has anyone heard anything about the new brake rules?
    Racer5.0

--
    03 Oct 2005 07:25 AM
    Does anyone in AS have a computer? Are they using some other forum? Nobody is posting here.
    racingvw92

--
    03 Oct 2005 04:09 PM
    I don't understand what this brake thing is about. Are you guys just beating the sh!t out of them or something? I would look for some air ducting changes first, you keep them cool and bleed them regularly, they'll last. You should be able to get at least a couple seasons out of them.
    nick littleton

--
    04 Oct 2005 05:20 PM
    ahhhhh, not exactly... to heavy and to fast. I ran PFC01 for 2 years and they seemed to kill the rotors, 2 weekends and that was it. I think I will try Carbotech next year. they worked great on the SSB camaro I ran this year and I hear they are going to do a cash contingency deal...
    racingvw92

--
    05 Oct 2005 12:00 PM
    What kind of rotors are you using?
    nick littleton

--
    05 Oct 2005 01:44 PM
    the expensive Baer stuff, 2 piece rotor.
    racingvw92

--
    10 Oct 2005 11:30 AM
    Oh, I see your problem now. Your using the cr@p rotors.
    By-Tor

--
    08 Nov 2005 07:39 AM
    Hey guys, the two best places for a-sedan info are http://s91730302.onlinehome.us/forums/ and send a request to be on the a-sedan mailing list to asedan@stg.com . There is a bunch of people at those 2 places.
    trj20

--
    27 Nov 2005 12:36 PM

The official rule change for AS is official in fastrack. There are several brake manufacturers that we are allowed to use now with some restrictions. Off the top of my head so check out fastrack to verify, these manufacturers are Willwood (superlite and dynalite series) Brembo (sportline series) Coleman, Brakeman, Outlaw (tornado) and Sierra. Please double check in fastrack, Im recalling these by memory. Basically they have restricted us in master cylinder choices as we must use a stock master cylinder in the stock location, as well as our 16 inch wheels which restict the super expensive rotors and calipers that are out there due to clearance of the wheels. Also our new rule dictates rotors no larger than 12.2 inches in diameter.

I am in contact with a brake company that is willing to do all the legwork on developing a bolt on kit for AS cars for both Ford and Chevy. If I can generate enough interest in a group buy, the price will come way down. Using Wilwood components and compliant with the rules, this kit will be complete with hardware, rotors, hats, calipers, brake pads, brake lines, brackets, proper master cylinder requirements and legal. This kit would be a direct bolt on eliminating all the guesswork on the changeover. This kit is NOT yet available and needs to be developed, so if your looking to make the change quickly and painlessly as possible we need to get this ball rolling. Rough estimates on retail pricing for this kit are looking at $1700 ready to go. Remember a group buy will bring this price down. I can find out how much if I get enough interest from you the racers.

I would like to add that if you are happy with your current pbr setup you DO NOT have to change. The rule has not eliminated the old brakes. So now there are just more choices with proper racing brakes available to use if you so choose.

If you are interested please send me a PM and I'll get the answers to all questions you may have.

Ted Johnson

A/S20

trj20

--
    29 Nov 2005 09:08 PM

trj20

--
    29 Nov 2005 09:08 PM
    hello?
    souseless

--
    31 Dec 2005 11:46 AM

http://thirdgen.org/techbb2/showthr...did=335703

This guy has been making brake kits for thirdgen f bods for a while now and selling them through being known on thirdgen.org. This is exactly what you would want.

trj20

--
    01 Jan 2006 01:25 PM

Precision Brakes Company, www.precisonbrakes.com has developed brake kits using the wilwood components for both GM and Ford AS cars. These kits will include everything you need to upgrade to a full racing brake caliper in AS. Many options are available to make these brakes bulletproof. There will be a link on their website specific for AS cars so stay tuned as they have all the bases covered for both makes. I am involved with getting group rate prices together if anyone is interested in saving some money. To view the latest discussion on these brakes go to www.asedan.net and click on the precison brakes thread.

Ted.

precisionjunk

--
    01 Jun 2006 03:58 PM

you might be approaching the wrong company
    please see this website for details
    http://www.logicfusiongroup.com/pb/
    it might certainly be ok if Precision brakes screwed you but if you do a group buy and they don't deliver
    you have a lot more at stake then money.
    Best
    Charles
    of course it just an opinion based on my experience (by the way I still do not have a working set of

brakes but my wallet is $1400.00 bucks lighter!

THE BRAKE MAN

--
    27 Jun 2006 07:44 PM

Just a quick note for the SCCA A sedan group. The Brake Man has all the kits for your Camaros and Mustangs. Even for the 05 and up Mustang. The kit comes complete with the F-4 four piston Tornado calipers, thermally processed Procast rotors with aluminum hats, The Brake Mans special high performance pads, mounting hardware and high quality stainless steel flex hoses. The complete kit at racer price is $2361. Check out the results of the races, almost every winner is running The Brake Man brakes.

We also have the people to help answer your tech questions and help set-up your car to win.

Regards,

Bob Rooney

VP of Tech Services

The Brake Man, Inc.

805-987-7867

www.TheBrakeMan.com

By-Tor

--
    28 Jun 2006 08:23 AM
    I would also like to say that The Brakeman stuff is top notch. It works better than advertised. Check their stuff out then look at Wilwood or Brembo. You will see what I mean. I picked up over 3 seconds a lap at Summit Point in my A-Sedan Mustang just with the brake change.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner