ITA/ITS Miatas
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BadBrad

--
07 Dec 2005 03:40 PM
    1. I see in the online IT specs that the '90-93 and the '94-95 Miatas are classed in ITA, and I see the '99's classed in ITS, but I don't see the '96-97 currently classed anywhere. Will these be classed in ITA?
    2. Do you think the 1.6 or 1.8 will be a better ITA car? i.e., do you think the increased power and bigger brakes on the 1.8L cars will overcome the extra 175 lbs.?
    3. What do you think of the potential of the '99 Miata in ITS?
    BB
    TeamSlowdotOrg

--
    08 Dec 2005 02:59 PM
    I don't know if the '99's have enough motor for ITS at the big-money courses like Road Atlanta, but at some tracks I bet they'd be great cars.

Both the ITA Miatas are great cars in their own ways. I think they're pretty close, though for the tracks with long straights I think I'd once orefer the car with more displacement. I think I'd rather have the 1.6 for enduros.

BadBrad

--
    08 Dec 2005 03:27 PM

TeamSlowdotOrg wrote:
    I don't know if the '99's have enough motor for ITS at the big-money courses like Road Atlanta, but at some tracks I bet they'd be great cars.

Both the ITA Miatas are great cars in their own ways. I think they're pretty close, though for the tracks with long straights I think I'd once orefer the car with more displacement. I think I'd rather have the 1.6 for enduros.

Thanks for the reply. Do you know if the '96-97 cars are classed in ITA?

BB

Andy Bettencourt
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    29 Dec 2005 10:00 AM

Brad,

The 96-97 will be added to ITA on the same spec line as the 94-95. The only difference as you know is the OBD-2 vs. OBD 1 - and CPU's are virtually free in IT now.

As far as competitiveness, I think they will both be very good. Miata's have no real issues with brakes so I don't think that will be a factor. The key is to have a motor built. Just bolting on a header ain't gonna get it done in competitive Regions. Follow my 1.8 conversion on our site this winter...

AB

www.flatout-motorsports.com

BadBrad

--
    30 Dec 2005 07:44 AM

Thanks for the reply, Andy. I figured the '96-97 cars would also be in ITA, but I was wondering why they were left out of the specs.

In the DC Region, Bret DePedro kicked butt in ITA this year in his 1.6L Miata. He thinks the 1.8L might be slightly better, in spite of the extra weight. I'm eager to see your ITA project buildup, especially your decisions regarding suspension setup.

I sold my Spec Miata this year and I'm not sure if I'll ever get back into road racing again, but I recently bought a '96 R-pkg Miata as a project car. I plan to autox it this year in E-stock, then perhaps turn it into a CSP & track car in the future. I may even race it in ITA eventually, which is why I was curious about its classing. When I start upgrading the suspension for track use I'll probably look to the top ITA cars for ideas.

Brad Burns

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner