You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 3123 > >>
Author Messages
bumsarama
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
15 Mar 2006 10:22 PM

Since we have moved from the SOLO2.org site to here, I just wanted to start a new thread and breathe some life into this matter. Lets not cry over spilled milk and get the ball rolling on starting some meaningful threads on this site. There is no reason why we can't post on both sites depending on what the topic is.

P.S. Lets start a poll (illegal betting ring) on whether or not I will be able to beat James Elterman in the index championship this year. I will start things off by putting $1000 on James.

Danno3

--
    16 Mar 2006 07:01 AM
    Party time!

What's the point spread on Arshad vs. James?
    mugwump

--
    16 Mar 2006 09:52 AM

what makes you think James is going to win the index championship this year [:p] I won't be missing so many local events this year, MUHAHAHA!

seriously though, he's going to have a tough time of it. Chris in the Z, Dave in the even more stupid powerful CP car (if he gets a crankshaft), and Huntman in his now actually using the ruleset for SM SM car, plus the considerably less friendly BSP index, should be a good scrap.

47CP
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 10:05 AM

I doubt I'll an index threat against that crowd, but I do finally have tracking numbers for the crank and new rods (first set won't work with different crank)....hopefully I can make the 9th. :)

No chance for WR. :(

DaveW

96SM2
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 10:07 AM

Add Kim, Bryan (remember he is in a GS Mini this year), Jan and the Mini twins(or LeCar twins ) [:)] from IL if they show up enough into the mix muggy mentioned. Great year to watch the proceedings.

Andy

bumsarama
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 10:40 AM
    We'll miss you at WR, Dave. I was looking forward to seeing/hearing the upgraded beast. I am pretty excited also about this year's field. It will hopefully be more interesting than the last 3 dreadful seasons with James "Darth Vader" Elterman's ruling iron fist ( I love you James). It's also nice to have you around for more events Muggy. I will also try to be present at more events this year and hope to atleast throw my hat into the mix of top ten drivers. I just need to get the butterflies out of my stomach and get back into driving mode.
    John P
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 11:42 AM
    mugwump wrote:

what makes you think James is going to win the index championship this year [:p] I won't be missing so many local events this year, MUHAHAHA!

seriously though, he's going to have a tough time of it. Chris in the Z, Dave in the even more stupid powerful CP car (if he gets a crankshaft), and Huntman in his now actually using the ruleset for SM SM car, plus the considerably less friendly BSP index, should be a good scrap.

Um, hey don't forget about me. I think I could take a run at it.... maybe... if everyone else DNFs or we have lots of rain events. But hey everyone likes the underdog right?

JamesE
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 12:22 PM
    Regarding the 2006 St. Louis Region Index Championship... I'll make this statement. "There will be a new Index Champion in 2006!". [:O]
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 12:36 PM
    I'm not sure i'll be around enough local events to give the Index Championship a run. Due to the schedule of local events this year.
    mugwump

--
    16 Mar 2006 12:53 PM

JamesE wrote:
    Regarding the 2006 St. Louis Region Index Championship... I'll make this statement. "There will be a new Index Champion in 2006!". [:O]

that's a good point. I forgot about that. It also means that Andy will be getting points this year, no? That would suck for us mere mortals [:(]

I forgot Bryan was running the MCS this year. Certianly one to watch. I don't think the IL twins will be at enough events, but they could play spoiler, as could a certain rust-colored Slowcus with that gentle HS index, as could some of the STS boys. It will definitely be a good year.

jsarino

--
    16 Mar 2006 12:53 PM
    96SM2 wrote:

Bryan (remember he is in a GS Mini this year

I wonder if he needs a co-driver... [:D]

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 01:04 PM
    jsarino wrote:
    96SM2 wrote:

Bryan (remember he is in a GS Mini this year

I wonder if he needs a co-driver... [:D]

It's not his car, he's the codriver

bumsarama
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 03:52 PM
    John P wrote:
    mugwump wrote:

Um, hey don't forget about me. I think I could take a run at it.... maybe... if everyone else DNFs or we have lots of rain events. But hey everyone likes the underdog right?

There is a big difference between a underdog and a dog that is dead.

jsarino

--
    16 Mar 2006 03:59 PM

christoc wrote:
    It's not his car, he's the codriver

Doh!

John P
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Mar 2006 05:00 PM

bumsarama wrote:
    There is a big difference between a underdog and a dog that is dead.

LMAO!

Kim Humphries

--
    17 Mar 2006 09:27 AM

JamesE wrote:

WARNING: beware the double secret reverse psyche! Noam Chomsky could pick that statement apart with his laser pointer behind his back! Yes, there IS a 'new index' in 2006 isn't there - different from the 'old index' used in 2005.

drgnrcr101

--
    17 Mar 2006 10:29 AM
    Is Martha Haddon running the STi in bsp at local events this year? If so she might have a good run at the index championship. But I think my money is on Bryan in the MCS
    Kim Humphries

--
    17 Mar 2006 10:48 AM

I'm really looking forward to the MCS battle in GS as well - don't forget the Maupins either.

REMEMBER that GS took the biggest hit of any class on the index as well!

JamesE
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Mar 2006 11:18 AM
    drgnrcr101 wrote:
    Is Martha Haddon running the STi in bsp at local events this year? If so she might have a good run at the index championship. But I think my money is on Bryan in the MCS

Martha is going to try the ShimmySideways STi at the novice school and the Arkansas NT. We'll discuss the rest of the season after that. But I'm looking for a fast female, and they don't get much faster than Martha.
    Bryan S
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    17 Mar 2006 12:47 PM

drgnrcr101 wrote:

Thanks for the plug Pete, but I'd keep your money in your wallet. It took me ten years to learn how to drive the Miata[:)]. GS is going to be very deep. I'll have to beat Crump consistantly, the Maupin Mini will be stronger, Larry Kronermeyer will be running at least a few events in GS and don't ever count Gerry Hock out.

Should be great fun.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 3123 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner