TV coverage for the St. Louis Region
 9 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
fiat124girl

--
22 Mar 2006 11:10 AM

I found this on the Solo2.org website courtesy of Mike Byingtion and thought I would share it here.

This was posted on the RX-7 Club Website:

FYI for anyone who gets FOX Channel 2 from St. Louis.

On this Friday Morning March 24, Tim Ezell will be doing his traveling segment from Gateway International Raceway on the Sports http://tuxedoparkracing.com/

Although there will be cars on the track Friday and Saturday for the Driver's School, the RACING will occur on Sunday. There will be MANY Mazda and Rotary Powered cars in attendance including RX-7s, RX-8s, Miatas by the dozens, and "Formula" cars. More info can be found at: http://www.stlscca.org/

For those of you interested in Performance Rally and know of the "100 Acre Wood" I have posted about; we also expect to see the "1986 Jeep Comanchee RALLY TRUCK" driven by Jim Stevens, making it's debut on the road course in the "ITE" class!

BTW , Admission, parking, and pit access are all free! On track activities begin at 8:00 am and usually go untill 4 - 5 pm. Everyone is welcome, Come on out! :)

http://www.rx7club.com/forum/showth...ost5439715

Bryan S
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    22 Mar 2006 12:28 PM
    fiat124girl wrote:

ISteve is a top-notch driver and mechanic and began his racing career in a 1st Generation RX-7. A still picture of the car can be found at: http://tuxedoparkracing.com/

For those of you interested in Performance Rally and know of the "100 Acre Wood" I have posted about; we also expect to see the "1986 Jeep Comanchee RALLY TRUCK" driven by Jim Stevens, making it's debut on the road course in the "ITE" class!

Actually Steve started in solo in a 3rd gen RX-7. One day the talent and skill light went on and there was not turning back. He's been great fun to watch.

Tom VonHattan sheared some of the RALLY TRUCK stories at the general meeting Monday night. Just to have the truck fill in all the blanks, Jim needs to bring it to a rallycross, autocross and drive it in a touring rally. It would be interesting to see when the last time a vehicle was used in every branch of club activities in a single season.

fiat124girl

--
    22 Mar 2006 01:30 PM

Bryan,

That is our goal for the truck if we have the time. Apparently the truck looks pretty pimp right now because the wheel/tire combo is so much smaller than the rally wheel tire.

We will have it over at the track on Thursday night and it will be ready to go.

mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    22 Mar 2006 02:45 PM

I was simply being precise Mr. Sechrist, this is in a Road Racing context. Everyone knows the really good drivers started in Solo II. The Rally Truck has generated questions and comments from cornerworkers:

Do we call it in if it's 4 wheels OFF, or if it's 4 wheels ON?

Any penalty for shortcutting the circiut?

Suggested to keep the BIG LIGHTS on to scare the competition in front.

A whole new meaning to "moving up in the field",,,,

Radio traffic, driver to crew "WHAT THE He ,, I just got passed by the flat tow!!"

fiat124girl

--
    22 Mar 2006 03:01 PM

Mike,

The lights are staying on the truck because they are simply to hard to remove. I hadn't seen the benefit of scaring competitors so that is a plus.

I am not sure how to call this from a corner. We could just leave the rally tires on it and run on the grass everywhere except the oval....that is a thought.

I really can't wait to see it on track, Jim is such a good driver that it should be fun.

As a side note, the co-driver, my sister-in-law is quite aggravated that she cannot ride along and tell Jim where to go!

Bryan S
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    23 Mar 2006 11:26 AM
    mazdamike wrote:

I was simply being precise Mr. Sechrist, this is in a Road Racing context.

Understand, we're pround of him too, so I couldn't resist mentioning the solo connection.

Bryan S
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    24 Mar 2006 08:08 AM

I wasn't able to watch all the segments this morning, but a great job by all. Good PR, lots of flashes for the web site.

Good work Jan, Ed, Steven and Tim's driving suit. I hope someone strings the segments together and posts them. Nice PR

drgnrcr101

--
    24 Mar 2006 02:21 PM
    Its good to know that we still have the FIVE TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION Jan Rick in our region [:P]
    gidtup
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    24 Mar 2006 02:47 PM

What a "Hoot"!

Steven was great - thought he was really quick to get that "Hoosier Tire" plug in.[:)] Ed Settle is a star, though his constant calling for "Makeup" was a bit much. [*] Diane Prokopf and Larry Kronemeyer did their best "grid" acting for us. [A]To Chris Hammond who took some photos for us to post to the website [Y] And Tim Finley's drivers suit sure made our guest look liek a real race driver![<:o)]

Good news coming on our invite for Tim Ezell to come back and do another day with us, to be announced soon.

Thanks to all of the people who helped this morning in the very very cold.

Sincerley

Jan FIVE TIME NATIONAL CHAMPION AND YOU BETTER NOT FORGET IT Rick

diane

--
    27 Mar 2006 02:41 PM

The TV coverage was GREAT!! Maybe, finally, we will no longer be the "secret" Car Club of America. Side note-my hubby, Dave, was in the MR2 #58 acting as "driver's start your engines on two" background. The car would not start to get it to the grid until Dave did a bit of mechanic work to it (battery jump start). Think what it would have been like to hear the engines start and the car in front goes whir-whir-whir-click-click. But, it performed on comand and sounded great with the rest.

Diane F. Prokopf Flagging & Communications Chief

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner