Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 31 Mar 2006 07:27 AM by  DNPWWO
Each Region Offered one FREE entry for the 2006 National Road Rally Championships in Kansas
 2 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
gidtup
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
30 Mar 2006 07:34 AM

From Mike Dickerson at the SCCA National Office:

This is so good I just couldn’t wait to get this out Inside Line, so I am sending this directly to you now.

The RoadRally Department is offering one heck of a deal to United States Road Rally competitors this year.

It’s so simple that if I wasn’t an SCCA Staff member I would jump on this, and I am one poor ralliest!

Each Region (yep, 111 of them) can authorize one USRRC Rally Team per Region for a free Regional entry to this year’s championships in Kansas. There are some great driving roads here, and October is a beautiful time of the year. Don’t pass up this opportunity to participate in our national championship event, the third jewel of the championship crown held in the grassroots motorsports capital of the world!

Simply fill in the attached forms and return to Pego Mack in the Rally Department. Please DO NOT register on-line to take advantage of this offer.

There isn’t any more to this than what I described above, but if you have questions please feel free to contact Pego at pmack@scca.com or at 800-770-2055, ext 360.

Best Regards,

Michael E. Dickerson

Manager of Region Development

Sports Car Club of America

PO Box 19400

Topeka, KS 66619

800.770.2055, ext 358

785.232.7214 fax

mdickerson@scca.com

www.scca.com

Interested in being the St. Louis Region's entry? Contact Program Manager, Larry Kronemeyer at jagfixer@rdr.net

mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    30 Mar 2006 02:39 PM

Just FYI and clarification not intended to sway anyone away from this event. FREE ENTRY to this event is worth some bucks!

Mike misspoke.

You are correct.

I will forward your email to the rrb with your permission,

Pego Mack

Rally Manager

pmack@scca.com

1-800-770-2055 ext 360

Fax 785-232-7215

-----Original Message-----
    Sent: Thursday, March 30, 2006 1:43 PM
    To: Pego Mack
    Subject: USRR-"Challenge" or "Championship"

Hi Pego,

I have just heard about the "free entry" for each region to the USRRC this year. Although I have lobbied for this event to be a true "championship", like we have for Solo II and Club Racing, it was my understanding that the event is still just a "challenge" and only one of the many events scored for the "series championship". Which is true?? Information I believe came from Mike Dickerson states:

"Each Region (yep, 111 of them) can authorize one USRRC Rally Team per Region for a free Regional entry to this year’s championships in Kansas. There are some great driving roads here, and October is a beautiful time of the year. Don’t pass up this opportunity to participate in our national championship event, the third jewel of the championship crown held in the grassroots motorsports capital of the world!"

If the event is still just a "challenge" and not a "championship" (ie. If you win this single event, you will be known as a "National Champion") then isn't the above verbage incorrect and this is NOT the "3rd jewel"???

For the record; I firmly believe that the RRB has been missing the boat (and the point) by NOT having a TRUE "championship event" where all the competitors meet at the same place and time to determine the winner of said "championship". Instead, multiple people may "tie" and be declared (series) "champions" and never have faced each other in direct competition.

Have I missed a change, or has Mike misspoken? Please clarify a.s.a.p..

Many thanks,

Mike Byington

DNPWWO
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    31 Mar 2006 07:27 AM

The 12th annual USRRC is the 19-22 of October 2006 in Topeka, Kansas. Registration starts Thurs the 19th.

The Fri. rally "Oz has Spoken" is a new course rally by Mike Thompson of moderate difficulty. It will employ one page per leg instruction with course-following and timing traps with both open controls and DIYCs.

The Sat. rally "Over the Rainbow" is a standard written route-instruction format with brisk avg. speeds and passage controls.

Sun. rally "Yellow Brick Road" will conclude the weekend with a short, all paved GTA tour. While the driver is busy with the roads, the navigator will be busy, as they need to pay attention to find the "Yellow Brick Road", by Rallymaster, Ron Ferris.

Region participants will be competing on a Region scale, but will score with the National runners. This is a chance to challenge the Nationals and see how you fair.

You must not have competed Nationally in more than one Region in 2006, or have any Series or Lifetime Points

For more info. check www.scca.com and look for rally information.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner