Rallycross?
 18 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
blue&boosted

--
01 Apr 2006 11:29 AM
    Is tomorrow's Rally-x still on? I have to decide between the first rally-x and the first auto-x today.
    johnhuebbe

--
    01 Apr 2006 12:06 PM
    Yes, RallyX on Sunday
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Apr 2006 05:15 PM
    I sure hope so! Finally get to try the brand new "Winterforce". Just got an allignment at Autotire after all the front end work. Just need to secure the battery and reinstall the gravel gaurd. I hope you still have loaner helmets as that was omitted from the "to do list". Anyone want guess if I should run a light load or a full tank of gas? I'm thinking the weight may be helpfull? (stock 85 RX-7)
    9D2

--
    01 Apr 2006 05:59 PM
    Do we still get to race if it rains?
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Apr 2006 07:07 PM
    That's not going to happen! I also just remembered we loose an hour tonight, spring ahead.
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Apr 2006 07:30 PM
    Since you had to say that,,,,,,,are you bringing a tow chain??
    rennen

--
    01 Apr 2006 09:05 PM
    9D2 wrote:
    Do we still get to race if it rains?
    I am tempted to make the trek out there to make a final rallycross in the POS13. I'd also like to know if there is something there that can tow me out of the mud if I get stuck (not that it would ever happen [;)] )
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    01 Apr 2006 09:13 PM
    I feel certain they will have some sort of plan. Bring it on, just leave the you know what out your way ;)
    rennen

--
    01 Apr 2006 10:52 PM
    Well, picked up my tarp and if I were to speculate at the weather (I ,of course, wouldn't dream of jinxing the day) the twisters won't hit until after noon. So against all better judgement, I am heading out now to drive down to the event. Would someone please call me at (573) 578 2599 if the event is cancelled between now and then, I'll be sans intrAweb until I get there. -Matt
    RX555
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Apr 2006 01:53 AM
    Well, how was it? Muddy?? I was all set to go and then the person who was gonna work for me backed out. Kinda disappointing since I won't be able to make another one til October.
    Toxic

--
    03 Apr 2006 07:21 AM
    I heard an STi was dethroned as king of Rallcross by a 90 Talon!
    markhuebbe

--
    03 Apr 2006 08:08 AM

It wasn't the car, it was the driver. Jeremy Ting is a great driver and his last two runs were smoking fast.

From watching him, it looked like he was faster in the slow 180 section. I know I was dropping over a second there on my runs.

But it's great to finally get some competition in another car.

johnhuebbe

--
    03 Apr 2006 10:08 AM
    I'd agree. He drove that 180 much better. That's where you lost all of your time. I thought you looked faster in the other sections. That's why I was suprised that you said you lost.
    mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Apr 2006 02:54 PM
    It was muddy for the first heat anyway and the water crossings were never dry. In the beginning the biggest challenge was getting from the stagging line to the start cones. No rain during the event and even without the Sun it was a pretty nice day. I need to work on my right hand powerslides. The "Rally Truck" competed and completed the 3rd phase of Jim's goal. Thanks again to Phil for the use of the "bucket". And THANKS TO ALL for the event. I was on I-170 appraoching I-270 when the storm hit and was dodging airborne orange traffic barrels launched from the other side. Saw several large arcs down on Hanely and the lights go out. Very little impact from the wind at the house (in Spanish Lake) but the power did not come back on until about 1 AM.
    johnhuebbe

--
    03 Apr 2006 05:42 PM

Results are online for the first event. http://www.stlrallyx.org

Thanks again for everybody that came out and participated.

mugwump

--
    03 Apr 2006 05:51 PM
    where are the pictures, slackers [:p]
    johnhuebbe

--
    03 Apr 2006 09:52 PM

mugwump wrote:
    where are the pictures, slackers [:p]

They will not be on the website anytime soon. My camera died [:'(]

I do have a Mack warranty, so it is being repaired as we speak. Chris said that he was going to take some pictures with his old digital camera. Dunno if he did.

I Like It Sideways

--
    03 Apr 2006 11:02 PM

hey everyone, this is elliott, blue 2.5RS.

Andres and I got lots of video footage between both heats. Soon to be posted, if my software quits being stubborn with me. I had a great time, great track IMO. Look forward to more events down there!

Dark_helmet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    04 Apr 2006 12:37 PM
    Well I didn't think it was a good idea to take pictures while working the corner. And during our heat I wasn't trying to take pictures inbetween runs.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner