STL Solo II Newcomer: 2 Questions!
 15 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
BHase

--
07 Apr 2006 02:40 PM
    Hi everyone, I'm a newcomer to STL SCCA, but have previously participated in events in Colorado. I hope to come to the event this Sunday, but first, I have two questions!

1) Numbering. I know how numbering works, and in Colorado we register for our numbers online, but I didn't figure out how to register for a number with STL SCCA. Do we do it at the event, or is there a link or form that I am missing? I am sorry if this is obvious or answered elsewhere. I've been unable to find the answer to this question!

2) Run order. I plan on attending all of the Sunday event, of course, but I have a few people who would like to come out and watch the event, but not necessarily stay for all of it. I plan on running in STS; is there a way to figure out in which group (1-4) and at around what time STS will run?

Thank you in advance for any answers! I look forward to meeting some of you this coming Sunday.

Ben
    PaulN
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    07 Apr 2006 03:27 PM
    Hi Ben!

We currently don't pre-register for the local events. As long as your numbers are different from others in your class, you're set. Of course, the numbers should be legible and easily read by the timing and scoring folks.

As for run/work order, you choose which heat you want to run and that determines when you'll work. We don't run by class--it's too much work to do. Plus we've found many folks like to pick the time they run so they can coordinate family events, etc.

See you there!

Bishop

--
    07 Apr 2006 03:28 PM
    Hi Ben,

I haven't been to a local event in a while, but pretty sure that the status quo hasn't changed much...

Numbering: You pick your number at registration. Kind of a first come, first served kind of thing. Once the season gets started, and you get to know some of the others in STS, you'll generally figure out who likes to run what number, but there isn't any registering/reserving numbers that I know of.

Run Order: When you arrive on site and sign the waiver and get your wristband, the guy at the gate will have four rolls of 'lotto tickets', different colors for different heats. You pick which heat you want to run at that point, and hand the ticket in when registration opens later that morning. Try to get there early before the tickets run out for the heat you want. Typically, the later heats 'sell out' first.

Hope that answers your questions. Have fun at the event. I would be out there, but will be attending the Walnut Ridge Pro Solo this weekend.

Mark

bschnard
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    07 Apr 2006 03:31 PM
    Welcome to St. Louis, and hope to see you Sunday.

We sign up for our numbers at registration at the site. So that makes that pretty easy. Usually after you have attended one event then most of you information will be available for the next even also.

Now the other question is pretty easy also. When you come in the gate normally we hand out tckets, or coupons for what heat you want to run in. We currently do not run based upon class. Since this is the first event of the year I suspect first heat will start beween 10 and 10:30, maybe a bit later. As the year progresses we will get closer to having the first car off by 10.

Again, Welcome to St. Louis.

Bill Schnardthorst
    '87 RX7 NA Sport F Prepared

Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2006 03:34 PM
    We do things very differently than RMSolo.

1. We do not register or assign permanent numbers. The registration computers do save who has been using which nunbers in the past. Just come out, and at registration request the number you want. If someone else has been using it, they will ask you to pick another number.

2. We do not assign classes to run groups. You will be asked at the gate which heat you wish to run. You will be give a ticket with your heat number on it. Give the ticket to the registration worker when you register. The earlier you come, the better your chance at getting the heat you want. Some slots in each heat are reserved for early workers who cannot register until after they have finished working. We usually start with three heats. As they are filled we will open a forth or even a fifth heat. We try to keep a maximum of 35 cars per heat.

Welcome to the area and look forward to seeing you Sunday.
    Bishop

--
    07 Apr 2006 04:02 PM
    Haha. 4 people replied in about 4 minutes. :) Well, looks like all of us agree on everything. That was a bit suprising.
    Kim Humphries

--
    07 Apr 2006 05:47 PM

Bishop wrote:
    Haha. 4 people replied in about 4 minutes. :) Well, looks like all of us agree on everything. That was a bit suprising.

Yeah - I saw the posts and was about to tell Ben that you guys were pulling the typical rookie hazing trick on him and that he could pre register by sending his request to may PayPal account and that it was $25 more to hold a number for the season BUT that would be wrong in so many ways!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Ben. Maybe I missed it but, what do you drive?

I'm jumping ship from Spec MINI (GS) to STS this season - my first time in a street tire class - it is shaping up to be a good year. Say hello Sunday. The Rookie chief will be at the Walnut Ridge Pro Solo - I'll be doing the rookie walkthrough at 9:30 on course.

Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2006 06:05 PM
    Kim Humphries wrote:

The Rookie chief will be at the Walnut Ridge Pro Solo - I'll be doing the rookie walkthrough at 9:30 on course.

Note to self: Check to see if there are sufficient quantities of incident report forms and insurance claim forms. Rookies going everywhere.[*-)]
    BHase

--
    07 Apr 2006 06:09 PM
    Thank you, everyone, for the replies! The last question I have is, if we do not know our numbers beforehand, what do we bring with us? In Colorado, I ran as 006 STS, so I had numbers made from the magnetic sheets you can buy at most hobby supply stores.

And while I am new to St. Louis SCCA, I'm not really a "rookie"...maybe a St. Louis rookie! I ran some SCCA-organized races in Colorado over the past few years.

Before I forget, I drive a '98 Audi A4 2.8. Slightly modified.

Ben
    gidtup
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2006 08:18 PM

You can "buy" them (call this shamless SPAM) from the trackside store of SoloPerformance.com - they are available in paper (one time use) or in magnetic. In fact, you can find ALL the best solo equipment at the store, pluse breakfast snack and beverages.

I am shameless aren't I?

Jan

janice@soloperformance.com

BHase

--
    07 Apr 2006 09:39 PM
    Hey Jan, I'm all about the local businesses! And if you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have known. But...the question is, how do I know which number to buy if I don't sign up for a number beforehand? :)

Ben
    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    07 Apr 2006 10:02 PM
    Register first, then buy the number.
    Dark_helmet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Apr 2006 06:30 AM
    You'll keep em in line Kim, I have faith in you. [:D]
    Kim Humphries

--
    08 Apr 2006 06:17 PM

Ben - I didn't asssume that you were a rookie - just telling you where you could find me (also Red Neon STS10). What happened to the old #s? Two will do - 6 or 60 gaurentee no repeats.

Lynn - Bite me!

Chris, erm, Dark Helmet - Thanks bro! Let's show them some tail lights!

mattg
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    08 Apr 2006 08:23 PM

two zeros and a 6 should be enough to get a number. 006, 6, 06, are all different numbers in the system. You should be fine. Although I always recomend making or buying a 1

mazdamike
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    08 Apr 2006 08:45 PM
    Most "6"s can also be "9"s too.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner