You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
gidtup
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 Apr 2006 08:01 PM
    Thanks to everyone for a great event! Had 163 (the all time record is 164) entrants at a series event. Dan Hamel, nice job. Chiefs, thanks for all your work.
    mattg
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Apr 2006 08:43 PM
    Near record number of drivers, first event of the season, and it went well!! Hopefully this is a sign of a great 2006 season.
    jsarino

--
    09 Apr 2006 10:22 PM
    Ditto, thanks to everyone for the great event. [:)] I also want to thank Martha Lou and Joe for letting me borrow some fix-a-flat when one of my r-comps was leaking. Also, if Martha Lou sees this, thanks to you, Rachel is so hooked, she's now wanting to travel to out of town events for seat time! [:O]
    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    09 Apr 2006 10:26 PM
    Rantoul, April 22 and 23.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 12:17 AM

Lynn wrote:

Heartland Park 4/23

Bryan S
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 07:35 AM

mattg wrote:
    Near record number of drivers, first event of the season, and it went well!! Hopefully this is a sign of a great 2006 season.

Now that we have 164 drivers in the system, express lines for SCCA members and have shaken off the off season rust things should operate really smoothly. I hope to see a lot of new faces this year.

Big thanks to the course crew, Bill Luton, Mark and John Huebbe, Tom Cindrich, James Sarino and Joe Haddon for pre-runs. We started at about 6:45 and were set up by 8:00!

gidtup
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 08:21 AM
    I really liiked the course, can we do this one again?[:$]
    Kim Humphries

--
    10 Apr 2006 09:29 AM

Grats! Great event. I agree with Jan about the course – some fun fast stuff, a couple of serious braking zones AND who would have thought that spraying down the slalom with WD-40 would actually be fun! WOW!

Look for official results soon at: http://www.stlsolo.org/

PaulN
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 09:50 AM
    Kim Humphries wrote:

...who would have thought that spraying down the slalom with WD-40 would actually be fun! WOW!

Ah HA! Now I understand why that was so "interesting" [:O]

For the first event of the season, yesterday was nearly perfect. Thanks to all those who put it together!
    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 10:39 AM
    christoc wrote:

Lynn wrote:

Heartland Park 4/23

Too far to go for one day, especially when I need to get as many runs as possible in the new car. HPT will be jammed and I'll probably get 4 to six times as many runs at Rantoul. I'll probably go to the two day at HPT in June.
    Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 10:43 AM
    I'd like to thank Arshad for another ride in the STi.
    bumsarama
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:07 AM

Your more than welcome Lynn. You know that I have a soft-spot for you somewhere in this sinister heart of mine! [:P]

I can't wait for the results to be posted, I am anxious to know how I did!!!

John P
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:17 AM

Lynn wrote:
    I'd like to thank Arshad for another ride in the STi.

I'm just glad you don't have plans to run his car at all the events. And if he does let you drive it again, do him a favor and run over a few cones to remove some un-neccesary plastic components that just weight the STi down. He did it for my car!

Lynn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:30 AM
    If I hadn't aready commited to spend large money on the FM car, I think I would've bought a ride in Arshad's car. With further development of the car and drivers, I think we could do a lot of damage at the divisional and maybe even national levels.
    bumsarama
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:34 AM

John P wrote:

He did it for me car!

Nice English [*-)] ! Despite the fact that I helped out your vehicle with further weight savings, you still suck.

P.S. Great job on getting first place for the novice championship. I knew you would be king in the "noob" category.

John P
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:41 AM
    bumsarama wrote:

John P wrote:

He did it for me car!

Nice English [*-)] ! Despite the fact that I helped out your vehicle with further weight savings, you still suck.

P.S. Great job on getting first place for the novice championship. I knew you would be king in the "noob" category.

I'm so glad you were able to read that post before I had a chance to correct it.

And since you did help my car, I dedicate this "noob" win to you, the great Arshad!!

Kim Humphries

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:49 AM
    Lynn wrote:
    christoc wrote:

Lynn wrote:

Heartland Park 4/23

Too far to go for one day, especially when I need to get as many runs as possible in the new car. HPT will be jammed and I'll probably get 4 to six times as many runs at Rantoul. I'll probably go to the two day at HPT in June.

Rantoul is a day trip. I did it last summer and was home as it got dark. 6 runs I think - fewer cars than us plus concrete!

bumsarama
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:50 AM
    Hey John, in a moment of seriousness (B.S. aside), you are doing very well. Your car is not as well prepared as mine, you dont have as much seat time as I do, and you placed fairly well on the index ( you placed where I ended up many times last year). I also have to admit that I put together one of my finest laps ever. You have come a long way and I'll have to watch my back.
    John P
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 12:20 PM

bumsarama wrote:
    Hey John, in a moment of seriousness (B.S. aside), you are doing very well. Your car is not as well prepared as mine, you dont have as much seat time as I do, and you placed fairly well on the index ( you placed where I ended up many times last year). I also have to admit that I put together one of my finest laps ever. You have come a long way and I'll have to watch my back.

Thanks Arshad. I owe it you people like you, Jeff T., Andy H., and Mike V. who have been willing to both ride with me or show me how to drive my car the "right" way. I've learned so much so quickly by seeing/feeling what other experienced drivers do as compared to what I do. I've still got a long way to go, yesterday after my 3rd run I felt I left a second or two out there. I made a few bad mistakes and yet the course was rather simple IMO.

I look forward to when I can put some pressure on you and I can help you become a better driver, not just you helping me.

iMagnusX

--
    10 Apr 2006 05:31 PM
    Lynn wrote:

Are you talking about the Road Coarse Test Day June 8th and 9th?
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner