--
    10 Apr 2006 11:20 AM
    LOL!! I love you too.
    Dark_helmet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:30 AM
    hmmm something is wrong with my driving. Other people improve over time, I'm still stuck just outside of the top ten....just like I was all last season.
    Kim Humphries

--
    10 Apr 2006 11:41 AM

The factory is beaming in power to the MINIS! Friggin' technology! Even with the index hit that GS took they are still rockin' it!

Erm, you won class don't be too hard on yourself. A nice time too. Look at the 'gang of 5' drivers behind you .499 separates the lot. IMHO it will be a battle for 2/3 in STS this season.

Now I have to figure out a little more about driving on them crazy squealy tires!!!

gidtup
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 12:46 PM

Next event the Pro Guys will be back and will be after those Top Index spots we are now sitting in. You know that Elterman guy will be at the next event and he kinda likes those top spots.

Gotta go get my alignment done - need the get off the factory stock setting and get it adjusted to get a little toe out to do better.

drgnrcr101

--
    10 Apr 2006 01:14 PM

Elterman can bring it that STi of his has nothing on the top ten on index.

james Im sorry don't hurt me

steena

--
    10 Apr 2006 02:15 PM
    I'm pretty sure James said he wasn't running any of the local events this year. So you guys have that one off your shoulders.
    bumsarama
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    10 Apr 2006 02:33 PM

There is no way that James will not be out to any local events this year. We also have to remember that he is the organizer for the index challenge and also chairing one of the regular events. There is no way that construction of the Death Star can go on without James "Darth Vader" Elterman showing up every now and then to show to remind us of how displeased he is with our unsatisfactory progress. He once chocked me almost to death just by looking at me with his Jedi death stare.

P.S. Christina, I didnt see you at the event. I was hoping to talk to you about the suspension bits.

vamaupin

--
    10 Apr 2006 02:43 PM

"Gotta go get my alignment done - need the get off the factory stock setting and get it adjusted to get a little toe out to do better."

no no no. Leave everything as it is so just maybe I have a chance at catching you!

We loooove Kuhmo tires and Konis!

Minis rock!

Travis T

--
    10 Apr 2006 03:20 PM

Kim = 40.938

Me = 40.949

Oh, prepare for sweet, sweet revenge at next event! [:)]

My first run, I realized very quickly that if you don't autocross for 2 years, you forgot how to do it, at least partially. I needed about 6 runs to knock the rust off my skills.

jsarino

--
    10 Apr 2006 08:35 PM

The superbeater beat me again!![:@] I'm still trying to figure out why my ATTS disabled itself and my engine went into a "safe mode" everytime I went around that final corner...

Dark_helmet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Apr 2006 12:31 AM
    Kim Humphries wrote:

The factory is beaming in power to the MINIS! Friggin' technology! Even with the index hit that GS took they are still rockin' it!

Erm, you won class don't be too hard on yourself. A nice time too. Look at the 'gang of 5' drivers behind you .499 separates the lot. IMHO it will be a battle for 2/3 in STS this season.

Now I have to figure out a little more about driving on them crazy squealy tires!!!

I just get bothered that I can't seem to improve my driving. I think one of my problems is that I'm clueless when it comes to car setup. Hopefully I can work on that this year.
    Kim Humphries

--
    11 Apr 2006 10:29 AM

Kim = 40.938

Travis = 40.949

Yeah, I pretty much killed you didn't I!! hehe .011 has to be at least an inch!.

Let's see - I changed 7 setup items on the car at once coming out of GS and came close to a decent STS setup for event 1. That was my 1st competition on street tires ever. I have my 1st dial-in change ready to go. Another that will follow that. We shall see...we shall see.

Frankly I was happy that I was able to squeak into the trophies, grab any points at all and not totally embarass myself. Instructing at the rookie school was supposed to get me some advance seat time. If you haven't heard that one (and I'm not putting it in writing either) just ask in the paddock - they probably tell it better than me anyway! I came close to getting a nickname from it! Drifto the Clown or something like that.[:$]

jwbrockman

--
    11 Apr 2006 10:46 AM
    Hmm, now I sort of wish I was still out there. STS looks like a lot of fun, even if it is still Chris and then Everyone Else. Pretty healthy turnout too. But STS should be a decent class out here too... I actually have another SE-R to play with for once!

Josh
    carlakacarlos

--
    11 Apr 2006 01:34 PM
    All you index hunters are gonna be in for a big surprise when the Focus shows up at Event #2.

That's all I'm going to say.....
    Dark_helmet
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Apr 2006 09:31 PM
    carlakacarlos wrote:
    All you index hunters are gonna be in for a big surprise when the Focus shows up at Event #2.

That's all I'm going to say.....

You do realize that if it doesn't go down the way you say it will I'm going to laugh at you. [:D]
    JamesE
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    11 Apr 2006 11:23 PM
    Just to clarify, Yes I'll be at all the events this year (except Event #1), but I won't be running for ponts. There is a good chance that Templeton or Martha Lou could score some top Index points so don't count the ShimmySideways STi out yet. [;)]
    gidtup
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    12 Apr 2006 08:40 AM

JamesE wrote:
    Just to clarify, Yes I'll be at all the events this year (except Event #1), but I won't be running for ponts. There is a good chance that Templeton or Martha Lou could score some top Index points so don't count the ShimmySideways STi out yet. [;)]

Heck, I am just a scared of them in your car, as I am of you James [:'(]

Greg Camarda

--
    12 Apr 2006 10:36 AM

Congrats to the top placers. I was very surprised that Arshad seemed to have the fastest "street car" time of the day. Very impressive as I assume he was on street rubber and not r-comps.

I learned that a Spec-V is a lot more powerful than my Neon, albeit running on worn factory tires. [:)]

I'm looking forward to getting back out there. Unfortunately, it will be a while as I have two elbow surgeries in the next 3 months. I'm hoping to be back as a driver by August, but I will be there to videotape my friends in the events between.

Great event, fun course!

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner