39 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
mugwump

--
12 Apr 2006 04:45 PM

[quote]Yeah, I pretty much killed you didn't I!! hehe .011 has to be at least an inch!.

that's a HHHUUUUGEEEEE gap. Day 1 at WRNT, James had me by 0.009 [;)]

Jeff-who likes index points.

bumsarama
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
12 Apr 2006 06:24 PM
Greg Camarda wrote:

Congrats to the top placers. I was very surprised that Arshad seemed to have the fastest "street car" time of the day. Very impressive as I assume he was on street rubber and not r-comps.

I learned that a Spec-V is a lot more powerful than my Neon, albeit running on worn factory tires. [:)]

I'm looking forward to getting back out there. Unfortunately, it will be a while as I have two elbow surgeries in the next 3 months. I'm hoping to be back as a driver by August, but I will be there to videotape my friends in the events between.

Great event, fun course!

Thanks for the comments, Greg. Despite the fact that I am upset with Jerry beating me on the index, I was happy to place 2nd. A lot of people were giving me crap about my co-driver being quicker than I and it helped me get my act together. If it weren't for some of the big guns being out of town, I can assure you that I would not have been the quickest vehicle with doors. I was amazed to see that I ended up with the fastest raw time of the day ( excluding FSAE, etc). I figured that some of the SM/SS cars would be quicker, but it didn't end up happening. Not that I am complaining. [:D]

bumsarama
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
12 Apr 2006 06:45 PM

Dark_helmet wrote:
hmmm something is wrong with my driving. Other people improve over time, I'm still stuck just outside of the top ten....just like I was all last season.

Hey "Dark Helmet", your just rusty after the off-season. If you would have seen me at Walnut Ridge, you would think that your Petter Solberg. I needed that event to shake the rust off. Once you get back into the groove, we will all tremble in fear. Don't be hard on yourself, this is just karma catching up to you for having been a JDM Type-R fanboy.

mugwump

--
13 Apr 2006 10:16 AM

[quote]If you would have seen me at Walnut Ridge, you would think that your Petter Solberg.

I don't know that comparing one's self to Petter on tarmac is such a positive thing this year....

Dark_helmet
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Apr 2006 11:50 AM
I guess we'll see what happens down the road. The bad thing is that so far after each event I keep finding things wrong with my car, but like they say, if you arn't breaking things you're not going fast enough.
JamesE
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Apr 2006 12:16 PM
I wish I could autocross half as good as Petter!

Ahmad, way to go dude! Is it possible that your driving style is better suited to asphalt? Either way, a very impressive start for the season.

I don't think J. Ting is on this board yet, but dang.. looks like he coned away the AS win! He's one to keep your eye on.

1t MARK HUEBBE 04 STI 38.741+1 39.011 38.590 38.590
2t JOHN HUEBBE 04 STI 39.685 38.973 38.935 38.935
3t CLIFF CASTLE 00 S2000 42.382 40.797 39.608 39.608
4. JEREMY TING 00 S2000 39.859+1 39.043+1 38.497+2 41.043

bumsarama
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
13 Apr 2006 03:49 PM

Thanks James! I am not certain about my driving style being suited to asphalt. The only thing I have ever raced on has usually been Gateway's lot. There are also those rare times at UMB, which I believe has a similar surface. This theory may have something to do with my horrible performance at Walnut Ridge, but I am certain that it was just a psychological issue which hindered my performance. I am just happy to finally drive up to my expectations ( not to brag, but I know I could have gone faster on my next lap, there were a few places I had screwed up). The main reason I did well was due to the fact that I was back to my comfort zone (unlike Walnut Ridge) and the fact that certain people got me fired up with some smack-talk [6] . I was going to call you sometime this weekend just to check up on you and ask what went wrong at the ProSolo, but you had posted here already and I just wanted to respond to your kind words of praise.

P.S. Jeremy Ting is definitely someone to keep an eye on. If I can get consistent, maybe I will also get the attention of some eyes.

steena

--
13 Apr 2006 03:52 PM

I didn't say James wouldn't be "at" any events......I said "running" any events.......Arshad! [:P]

I was there, you did a great job, we just had conflicting run/work schedules, so I never got a chance to catch you.

mattg
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Apr 2006 09:16 PM

We need more STS trash talking going on here. Now that I figured out what the setup issue is with my car.....it will hopefully be able to keep up with Chris, Kim , and everyone else. Thanks to the recent issue of Grassroots Motorsports I have a few hints.....[6][A]

This could shape up to be a really fun year for many classes.

Seth53
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Apr 2006 10:43 PM
Don't forget STS2! I was on two year old tires that have at least 17K on them. And the only thing done to the suspension is bushings. Even had Autozone brakes. Chris only beat me by a second. Look out next event. Right now sitting next to me are four koni yellows with sportlines attached at the hip. Top Street Touring Index time here I come.[:D]
Dark_helmet
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Apr 2006 05:54 AM
bumsarama wrote:

The main reason I did well was due to the fact that I was back to my comfort zone (unlike Walnut Ridge)

You must be really comfortable in your helmet since you never took it off. [:P]

And the smack talk for STS can being but I know somehow, someway I'll find a way to drive faster.
Kim Humphries

--
14 Apr 2006 10:24 AM
mattg wrote:

We need more STS trash talking going on here. Now that I figured out what the setup issue is with my car.....it will hopefully be able to keep up with Chris, Kim , and everyone else. Thanks to the recent issue of Grassroots Motorsports I have a few hints.....[6][A]

This could shape up to be a really fun year for many classes.

SCCAForums Image

Gosh, I just like coming out to play with all you nice people! Experiencing fine sporting activities in a great natural setting - well - that's what really matters isn't it?

*pay no attention to the man in the red Neon*

johnhuebbe

--
14 Apr 2006 11:14 AM

JamesE wrote:
I wish I could autocross half as good as Petter!

Ahmad, way to go dude! Is it possible that your driving style is better suited to asphalt? Either way, a very impressive start for the season.

I don't think J. Ting is on this board yet, but dang.. looks like he coned away the AS win! He's one to keep your eye on.

1t MARK HUEBBE 04 STI 38.741+1 39.011 38.590 38.590
2t JOHN HUEBBE 04 STI 39.685 38.973 38.935 38.935
3t CLIFF CASTLE 00 S2000 42.382 40.797 39.608 39.608
4. JEREMY TING 00 S2000 39.859+1 39.043+1 38.497+2 41.043

Well, you could say that, but both Mark and I just drove like Crap. Plain and simple. We both felt that we should have been right at 38 seconds. Having about 20 RallyX runs the day before didn't help things. I kept thinking, "man this car is hard to slide around" [:)]

mugwump

--
14 Apr 2006 11:20 AM

[quote]Having about 20 RallyX runs the day before didn't help things. I kept thinking, "man this car is hard to slide around"

lol. You should have seen my run in James' STi at the novice school. As it turns out, one drives an under-powered car on gravel roads slightly differently then the uber-STi in an auto-x. I kept pitching it in and standing on the gas. Needless to say, it didn't work well....[:$] Luckily, Andy let me do a couple runs in his car with his wonderful front bar and I got back into the whole non-discrete inputs thing.

[quote]We need more STS trash talking going on here.

what's there to say? Subaru, ipso facto, is your lord and master.

Travis T

--
14 Apr 2006 03:42 PM
mattg wrote:

We need more STS trash talking going on here.[6][A]

Fine! I finished about as well as I used on no alignment and stock struts/springs. If I remember how to drive and learn to take advantage of the coilovers, swaybars, and alignment, things will change! [:)]

Dark_helmet
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Apr 2006 04:45 PM
mugwump wrote:

what's there to say? Subaru, ipso facto, is your lord and master.

They see the words, but I don't think they understand. All will be made clear soon. [6]
bumsarama
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Apr 2006 07:46 PM

Dark_helmet wrote:

They see the words, but I don't think they understand. All will be made clear soon. [6]

(Evil Megatron Voice): MWWAHAAHAA MWWHAHAA. Yeeesss! Yes!

SCCAForums Image
Dark_helmet
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Apr 2006 08:48 PM
And then, no one will be able to stop me! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAH!
Seth53
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Apr 2006 10:08 PM
Don't speak too soon. I have a little secret up my sleeve that will slowely emerge as the year goes on. Hint = si-performance dot com.
NoPAnTsDance

--
18 Apr 2006 11:50 AM
I was pretty happy with 10th out of 15 in STS for my first real event. I went to the novice school and that really helped me get a feel for my car's capabilities. The car felt like it had a bit more in it so once I get some more seat time I'm sure I'll get better at wheeling it around.

btw, hi everyone! [:)]
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner