Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
GroovinPickle
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
23 Apr 2006 10:18 PM
    Long story short, the floppy that I copied the timing file to was corrupted when I tried to read it, so official results will have to wait a little longer.

Some interesting facts, though:
    - John Thomas, in Richard's FP car, would have finished first in PAX by .214 seconds over Ryland in the GS Mini.
    - BMW products swept the trophies in Open Tire. In fact, I think every BMW product that competed trophied. (edit: whoops, forgot we did a 4th place in OT - I guess with only 3 BMWs it's tough to take 4 trophies)
    - John Thomas had FTD with a 35.729 (raw). Lance Coley held FTD at the lunch break before his (borrowed) ride gave out.
    - Goobers wearing matching Walnut Ridge '06 shirts finished 1-2 in Open Tire.

It was an excellent event with a very good turnout. I'm already looking forward to Columbus.

Edit to include the trophy results as best as I can remember:
    Open Tire
    1. Ry Hemphill [GS MCS]
    2. Drew Boyles [BS M3]
    3. Teddy Gibson [GS 318ti]
    4. Richard Holden [FP 280Z]

Street Tire
    1. Daniel Mahon [GS RSX-S]
    2. Kevin Conerly [GS RSX-S]
    3. Iggy Sharkus [DSP 325e]
    4. Trey Walker [SM Mustang]

Novice
    1. Chris Harper [BS M3]

Ladies
    1. Bonnie Dickerson [GS Focus SVT]
    wffurr

--
    23 Apr 2006 11:30 PM
    Interesting facts, thanks.

I had a blast this weekend. The autocross schools are excellent events.

Looking forward to the next one in Columbus.
    CDS

--
    24 Apr 2006 11:10 AM

GroovinPickle wrote:
    BMW products swept the trophies in Open Tire. In fact, I think every BMW product that competed trophied.

Yet more evidence that all those cars are miss-classed![:D] It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

It was a great event, thanks to everyone who helped make it happen.

One more interesting fact: I got beat by my co-driver in my own car, by .003 sec.[:$]

GroovinPickle
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Apr 2006 11:18 AM
    CDS wrote:
    GroovinPickle wrote:
    BMW products swept the trophies in Open Tire. In fact, I think every BMW product that competed trophied.
    Yet more evidence that all those cars are miss-classed![:D] It's a conspiracy, I tell you.

I agree. Both the Mini Cooper S and the M3 should be D Stock cars!

Ry and I both drove well, but Teddy drove really well. If he hadn't coned his last run he would have been only 0.01 seconds (I think that's right) behind Ry, and he's on much older tires and in a much less competitive car.

In one run in Teddy's car (GS 318ti), John was 0.9 seconds faster than my fastest run (BS M3). And those are raw times. I bet if you put John in Ry's Mini and gave him a few runs, he'd have beaten us all by a good 2 seconds in PAX.
    Zrunner

--
    24 Apr 2006 08:09 PM
    Props to Bonnie
    BillyBob

--
    24 Apr 2006 08:37 PM

Bonnie is going to beat everybody soon. She is a natural. Goes through the slalom as smooth as I've seen, and she can drive FAST!

RY

GroovinPickle
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Apr 2006 08:40 PM
    Zrunner wrote:
    Props to Bonnie

She was second in Novice - less than half a second out of first. It was her first event and Chris (the 1st place novice) is definitely someone who can do well in Street Tire. These are her raw times - check out how much time she dropped over the day's runs:

57.467 DNF
    BillyBob

--
    24 Apr 2006 08:42 PM
    Once she finds the course she's not scared to push it. Very smooth. Gonna be a good driver.
    Zrunner

--
    24 Apr 2006 11:17 PM
    Yeah i hung around for the trophies and times. I got beat by a girl along with the rest of the novice.
    red90l98bspvette

--
    25 Apr 2006 04:58 PM
    Hey Drew, looks like you've got the M3 sorted out. Have you made other changes since Febuary or just seat time? Sounds like it was a great weekend for all. Sorry I didn't make it. Maybe I'll have time to sort things out by the time Columbus rolls back around and can come out and play.
    GroovinPickle
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    25 Apr 2006 05:25 PM
    red90l98bspvette wrote:
    Hey Drew, looks like you've got the M3 sorted out. Have you made other changes since Febuary or just seat time? Sounds like it was a great weekend for all. Sorry I didn't make it. Maybe I'll have time to sort things out by the time Columbus rolls back around and can come out and play.

I went to V710s before Walnut Ridge so I'm sure that helped. I can't directly compare them to the Hoosiers since it was cold in Columbus that day, but I love the Kumhos. I drove pretty badly at that National Tour event - I didn't push the tires enough and I had too much rear toe-in (1/4"). For Grenada I went to less than 3/32" rear toe-in and the car is finally rotating like it should. It handles great, and I'm learning how the tires behave. JT's instruction helped me quite a bit, I think.

Get the Vette in good shape - I don't want the first time I beat you to be a hollow victory! Besides, we need someone to give Ry a good challenge. He's driving really well lately (as is Teddy).
    LanceS13
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    25 Apr 2006 06:13 PM
    That was quite a drive. 43.905 in GS on street tires is pretty smokin'...novice or not.
    dentresistant

--
    25 Apr 2006 09:02 PM
    I'm just mad that I had to leave early, and then ran into engine problems before I got out of downtown Grenada. [:(]
    cmrs2k

--
    26 Apr 2006 09:42 AM
    dentresistant wrote:
    I'm just mad that I had to leave early, and then ran into engine problems before I got out of downtown Grenada. [:(]

I knew I saw the fiero parked near the square... wondered what you were up to.
    kameleon

--
    26 Apr 2006 01:17 PM
    Awesome time.... But I found it funny that I went faster when I had someone ride with me. Overall I am still shaking out the car trying to find its sweet spot. I am very close to finding it. :) Can't wait to see the results and how bad I got stomped.
    mrmiatanut
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Apr 2006 02:41 PM
    If you want a RELIABLE and COMPETITIVE car, you should be driving your SISTER'S MIATA.

"I'm just mad that I had to leave early, and then ran into engine problems before I got out of downtown Grenada. Sad [:(]

85 Pontiac Fiero GT"
    dentresistant

--
    26 Apr 2006 10:22 PM
    yeah yeah yeah everyones a comedian [:O], i'm working on it, i just have a little thing called homework (yes i know your opinion on it "it's over rated")
    mrmiatanut
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Apr 2006 12:27 AM
    what does homework have to do with your car breaking down?
    dentresistant

--
    27 Apr 2006 01:09 PM
    everything, and besides i don't like to drive cars that have been backed into trailer hitches.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner