new to autocross
 3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Noah

--
02 May 2006 02:03 PM
    hey my name is noah and i am wanting to come to the next event in may. i have a few questions on what i need to do to so i will be able to participate in the event. i have read the info on the site but i feel like i am missing something... from what i understand i just need to fill out the forms to get on to the base and then i am good to go? sorry if this is a dumb question but i am not really sure what to do.
    GroovinPickle
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 May 2006 02:36 PM
    The only requirement is that you fill out and submit the base access form (MBAF) by the deadline, which is noon on May 14. This allows you to get on the base. If you fill it out and then can't make it to the event for whatever reason, there's no harm done. In other words, if you even think that you may want to come out, go ahead and submit the MBAF.

Once that's done, you probably want to fill out a registration form and print it off. Bring it with you to the event. There's no pre-registration, but it'll make it a little easier on you the day of the event. You might find it useful to read this (http://www.tirerack.com/features/so...dbook.htm) so you'll have an idea what to expect, but there will be plenty of people there who can answer whatever questions you have.
    wffurr

--
    04 May 2006 02:10 AM
    You'll want to make sure your car is in decent shape (battery tie-down, not-bald tires, no leaks, etc).

I'd also recommend bringing suncreen, a hat, some water, and maybe pack a lunch too.

Make friends with somebody experienced and walk the course with them. Ride with someone before you drive, and maybe get someone to ride with you and help point out what you need to do.

Have fun. :)
    CDS

--
    08 May 2006 06:04 PM
    Noah, hope you can make it. When you get to the site, you will fill out a registration form at the white timing & scoring trailer (you won't miss it). Just let someone in the trailer know you are new to this, and we will be glad to help you out. We love getting new people involved and want you to have a good experience.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner