Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
Gefiltefish
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
15 Jun 2006 10:15 PM

Since the Tour is new this year, I decided to write up some info that may come in handy. Please feel free to post where you would like.

Entertainment:
    http://summerfest.com/ has information on Summerfest, the "Solo Nationals" of music festivals!

http://www.onmilwaukee.com has information on local dining, entertainment and other travel guides. http://foodspot.com/ is another good restaurant guide.

Traffic Info:
    The entire downtown freeway area (known as the Marquette Interchange) is under construction and a complete mess. Don't trust on-line map system directions to get from the Chicago area into Miller Park. Many inter-change ramps and exit ramps are closed. Getting a truck and trailer down busy downtown streets will be a hassle. Thus, we suggest all people coming to town take the by-pass.

If coming into town from the south in I-94, take the I-894 bypass towards Madison/Fond du lac. After traveling apx 10 miles on I-894, take I-94-East towards Milwaukee/Downtown. This route does add apx 10 more miles of driving, but you avoid all of the Marquette interchange construction.

Tyical rush hour is from 7:00am-9:30am and 4:00pm-6:30pm in the area. Except for the Marquette Interchange and other "problem" spots, traffic is usually ligher than some other major cities (we aren't Chicago or Atlanta!!)

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/travel/milwaukee/index.htm is a good source for traffic info. http://www.mchange.org/ is another good source for info on getting around the traffic.

Friday:
    -Gates will open no earlier than 6:30am. That is when I have gate waiver people signed up for, so we don't want anyone coming in before 6:30am.

-To keep an orderly paddock, we will have a somewhat "lined" paddock area. Do NOT park between rows of cones or lanes that say "No Parking." Please read the ground of the area you are interested in parking to make sure it is not a No-Parking zone, or someone already claimed their name to it. Also, if you have a very long truck/trailer combo (i.e. a two car trailer or an RV/trailer combo), park on the far west end of grid, somewhat close (but not too close) to the registration area. The normal paddock spaces will not be long enough for extra-long trailers.

-Registration will be at the pavilions at the west-end of the paddock lot. Tech will be at the grid/impound area in the middle of the paddock/grid lot. King Motorsports is and additional sponsor of the event and will likely have a table set up near registration. Any Honda/Acura owners should check them out for deals and/or advice.

-Friday dinner will be pizza, wings, breadsticks and beverages. Pizza choices are cheese, cheese + sausage or cheese + pepperoni. We are getting plenty of each, but if you are not a meat-a-saurus, get there early to claim you slices of cheese only. This will be served near the registration area. This meal is free.

-Gates close at 9:00pm. I don't have gate waiver people after that, so if the gate is closed, you will have to move the barrier to get back into paddock area.

Saturday:
    -Gates will open no earlier than 6:30am. That is when I have gate waiver people signed up for, so we don't want anyone coming in before 6:30am UNLESS they have signed the waiver. Any new arrivals will have to wait until 6:30am. NOTE: New arrivals on Saturday, see the paddock info under the Friday section above.

-Lunch will be a chicken sandwich, chips, cookie and a soda. This will be served where thec registration area was. This meal is also free.

Sunday:
    -Gates will open no earlier than 6:30am. That is when I have gate waiver people signed up for, so we don't want anyone coming in before 6:30am UNLESS they have signed the waiver. Any new arrivals will have to wait until 6:30am.

-Sunday lunch and dinner are NOT provided. See
    http://www.scca-milwaukee.org/Solo/stadview.gif for local places to eat.

PS-I forgot the mention that we will be running two local classes at the event. These classes are designated F and R. F is a local index-class including all FWD and AWD cars on street tires that don't fit into a Street Touring class. R is the same, but with RWD cars. They will be running with F and R, so don't be confused during your work assignments.

If anyone has any other questions, please feel free to post.

Patrick Washburn
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    16 Jun 2006 08:52 AM

Great info Sam! Quick question:

There are porta lets all over the place, but there is also a permanent bathroom facility just across the walking bridge heading toward Miller Park. Will those bathrooms be open overnight for us campers??

2superblus
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Jun 2006 11:06 AM

There will aslo be fireworks probably every night that will be visable from the lot.

Bart

Gefiltefish
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    16 Jun 2006 11:30 AM
    Patrick Washburn wrote:

Great info Sam! Quick question:

There are porta lets all over the place, but there is also a permanent bathroom facility just across the walking bridge heading toward Miller Park. Will those bathrooms be open overnight for us campers??

Good question. Normally, no they are not open overnight. I will add that list of my questions for our Miller Park contact though.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner