Need help with ITA Dodge Neon Computer
 8 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
thoughtgym

--
21 Jun 2006 04:36 PM

So, we got most of it done (the ITA Neon) and now we need a way to make changes to the computer (via laptop).

I believe it is illegal to use an aftermarket computer, but I think you can do anything inside the existing computer case.

I'm looking at MegaSquirt, but thought it may be appropriate to ask if anyone has any experience (or thoughts or suggestions) with redoing the existing computer

thanks - thoughtgym

GregM

--
    26 Jun 2006 05:11 PM
    Just get the Mopar unit. Worked for us at the 12 Hour
    JeffS

--
    27 Jun 2006 12:05 PM

To the original poster, it sounds as if you need to re-read the rule book regarding allowed modifications.

Run the Mopar Performance unit and stay away from the AFX-R

thoughtgym

--
    29 Jun 2006 02:26 PM

Thanks - We have a mopar computer & it does work OK, but naturally we are trying to go faster.

thoughtgym

--
    29 Jun 2006 02:29 PM

Thanks, Jeff. I'll check the rules, but we "think" we can do anything inside the original case.

The good part is we do have the Mopar unit & this is way easier and less $$ than my original idea.

FSPvolvo
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Aug 2006 03:24 AM
    I was about to post a new thread asking if anyone had used Megasquirt successfully in IT. It sounds like it's legal to put it in the OEM ECU casing and run it with factory wiring & sensors if it is possible to do so. My interest in this lies only in helping some ITB'ers stuck with a rather restricted factory ECU. So to whom it may concern, has it been done in ITA/ITB/ITC, and if so, in what car(s)?
    JeffS

--
    30 Aug 2006 06:00 PM

" It sounds like it's legal to put it in the OEM ECU casing and run it with factory wiring & sensors if it is possible to do so."

Read the rule how you like, but I seriously doubt that it would be legal to gut a PCM case and stuff a megasquirt inside of it... not to mention the fact that you would not be able to use factory sensors and wiring with the megasquirt.

sstecker

--
    02 Sep 2006 10:10 PM
    you can stuff anything you want in the oem case. as long as you use stock sensors and wire harness and modify only on the inside. the only sensor without any megasquirt supplied maps is the stock neon MAP sensor. youll have make up your own since megasquirt is expecting their MAP sensor. youll also need some alternator control/fuel pump and fan control. the question is is it worth it - dont know myself. probably be easier to build an external MS unit, use their MAP sensor, program it at the dyno and then see if its worth it to stuff compared to afx race pcm.
    JeffS

--
    06 Sep 2006 03:51 PM
    Indeed, Megasquirt can run with a few of the factory sensors (even the crank trigger), but you would still have to figure out coolant and air temp sensors. Given the idea of removing the factory PCM internals, you would also have to find a way to control the ASD relay, fans, fuel pump, and an external voltage regualtor.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner