Anyone been to Le Grave????
 5 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
StuMax

--
27 Oct 2006 11:19 AM

I'm Tired of our division being dead to the world on the forum so does anyone know details about the new lot we are autocrossing on for the last event of the year?

Surface?

Grip Level?

Size?

Or really anything to get things moving on this part of the forum?

Phillip S. Osborne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    28 Oct 2006 12:01 AM

Hey Stuart,

Phil Adams and I checked out the site last year and thought we could run the Divisional there instead of Mineral Wells. However, safety didn't agree since it was a new, unused site for autox, due to the many light poles in the lot. However, it was my contention that a properly designed course would not present a problem, and I think Peter F. agreed, however did not want to chance it at a Divisional event. (which was strange to me since we generally draw more experienced drivers at Div. events, and lots of novices at regional events)

That said, I think it CAN be a great place to play, much better than Pennington. It does have an asphalt surface, not sure of the grip since we have never used it. I was hoping to be there to help design the course, however, will not be able to do so... I have urged Matt and the gang to schedule as many events there as possible next year since asphalt seems to be the surface of the future...at least for the next two years in Topeka...

StuMax

--
    28 Oct 2006 01:00 AM
    Phillip S. Osborne wrote:

Hey Stuart,

Phil Adams and I checked out the site last year and thought we could run the Divisional there instead of Mineral Wells. However, safety didn't agree since it was a new, unused site for autox, due to the many light poles in the lot. However, it was my contention that a properly designed course would not present a problem, and I think Peter F. agreed, however did not want to chance it at a Divisional event. (which was strange to me since we generally draw more experienced drivers at Div. events, and lots of novices at regional events)

That said, I think it CAN be a great place to play, much better than Pennington. It does have an asphalt surface, not sure of the grip since we have never used it. I was hoping to be there to help design the course, however, will not be able to do so... I have urged Matt and the gang to schedule as many events there as possible next year since asphalt seems to be the surface of the future...at least for the next two years in Topeka...

Hey Phil thanks for the info and i would certainly support your idea of holding a Div. there. Houston has held many divisional events at Gulf Greyhound with lots and lots of light poles. That being said I think we all need to do whatever we can to gain more enteries at Southwest Divisional events. IMO
    davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    31 Oct 2006 09:46 PM

I think if I could run your car in ASP I might come ;)

But really.....I'm always in support of the divs as well. :)

StuMax

--
    01 Nov 2006 11:31 AM

If it was up to me dude.....[:P]

Yeah but at least Houston Region held a Div. 2 of them in fact.....2 realy good ones!

Must be nice. Bad it's like 5 1/2 hours down there and back![8o|]

gregglee

--
    10 Nov 2006 10:35 AM
    StuMax wrote:

I'm Tired of our division being dead to the world on the forum so does anyone know details about the new lot we are autocrossing on for the last event of the year?

Surface?

Grip Level?

Size?

Size is good, separate lot for paddock.

Unfortunately it has a chain link fence around most of the perimeter and 35 light poles on the pavement (more at edges). The Solo rule mandated 25 foot clearance required from both fence and pole limits course design. To go between a pole and a fence requires 65 feet. 25 + 25 + 15 foot minimum course width.

To see detailed photo go to http://www.dfwmaps.com then search for 301 NE 6th ST zip76106.

zoom in to see the poles. You may need to checkbox 2005 aerial photos.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner