Classing pron?? SS or IT ...?? im lost
 14 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
GotSpoonJDM

--
09 Nov 2006 05:56 PM

Ok i drive an 05 acura rsx type s and the mods i have done, accpet for one,minus this one mod and i would be in Showroom class. But i dont have a catylic converter, and from what i have read thats a no no is show room class. well its ok not to have one in IT. welll i dont see my car on any of the IT cars lists. so i am at a loss... Please help me out with my classing issue

Shane

Richard Pryor

--
    10 Nov 2006 07:30 PM
    uhhhh...have you thought of putting the cat back on? RP
    GotSpoonJDM

--
    10 Nov 2006 07:33 PM
    i dont want to loose my Race header
    JSirota

--
    11 Nov 2006 01:53 AM

Your car is too new for any IT class, which only allows cars older than 5 years.

GotSpoonJDM

--
    11 Nov 2006 09:50 PM
    so what class would i be in??
    JSirota

--
    11 Nov 2006 09:59 PM

Depending on where you are located, your region might have a nice regional class where you would fit.

But if you're really only a header/cat away from showroom stock, your best bet is to convert back while you're doing all of the other race prep (roll cage, harnesses, window net, fire extinguisher, etc).

GotSpoonJDM

--
    11 Nov 2006 11:58 PM
    well im doing role cage next, and fire exstin , all that will be done before i even attempt a race
    JSirota

--
    12 Nov 2006 12:58 AM

You know that in addition to prepping the car before you race, you have to attend a school, right?

Go to scca.com, click Club Racing on the left side, then "Go Racing". It'll outline the process for you.

GotSpoonJDM

--
    12 Nov 2006 01:05 AM
    o yes of course, i am just building the car as i go, cause there are no schools in my region of the country till next year
    bhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Nov 2006 05:07 PM

Stop all prep work until you buy the General Competition Rules (GCR). That will keep you from wasting time and money on things you can't use on the car. The GCR is the cheapest thing you'll buy for racing.

Bob Hudson, Atlanta Region Div Steward/Natl F&C

Speed Raycer
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Nov 2006 07:57 PM
    You don't even have to buy the GCR anymore! The 07 version has just been released for download at scca.org
    bhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    15 Nov 2006 08:21 AM

Oops! And I forgot about the new ITR class - the Acura RSX-S is classified, but only the 2002 model. I expect that in three years the 2005 model will also be eligible. Here's a quick link to the Improved Touring rules....

http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fi...ouring.pdf

Bob Hudson

GotSpoonJDM

--
    15 Nov 2006 08:28 AM
    well that sucks 02-04 rsx`s are the same., all they stated was 2002. the 05-06 models are have more HP than the 02-04 and a couple other non major diffs
    bhudson
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    17 Nov 2006 12:18 PM

How about this plan - put the car back into Showroom Stock configuration and race SSB for a few years. Meanwhile, take a look at what cars are competitive in ITR. There are some powerful cars classified - you may find that the RSX-S is a lost cause.

In the end, making the changes for SS will be a lot less expensive that the upgrades necessary for ITR. Plus, you'll be racing instead of waiting for the car to be eligible for ITR. Here's the quick link to the SS rules http://www.scca.com/_FileLibrary/Fi...mStock.pdf

Bob Hudson, Atlanta Region

rpapa60

--
    07 Dec 2006 08:20 AM
    It's always less expensive and easier to start with a car that already has been built, raced and sorted. The car generally comes with a wealth of knowledge (chassis setups and tires pressure info) that takes forever to perfect on your own. If you ask anybody that started from scratch, they will confirm this. While my advise is true, yes I have a couple cars for sale. They can be seen at www.randypapa.com
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner