You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
WYSIWYG
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Dec 2006 04:12 PM

Hello,

can someone please direct me to websites with autox related info around Houston? It would be great to know where to live safely too (work on fannin st) but maybe too much to ask. Any house hunting advice with our auto-related hobby in mind would be great. Thanks a lot.

Ed

Phillip S. Osborne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Dec 2006 05:00 PM
    In my opinion, Houston Region has one of the best autox programs in the country, with most of their events being run at the Greyhound track south of Houston at the Texas City exit area, can't remember the exact exit number off I 45. Then there are those events held a few miles north in College Station. www.autocross.com is a good point of reference to the many events in your area, although it IS Texas and you may have to travel more than a hundred miles to some events...
    modernbeat
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Dec 2006 05:07 PM
    Most groups around Houston are on DLB Racing.

Also look at the TAMUSCC site for Colege Station.

Also San Antonio (SASCA)

And Austin Spokes club

modernbeat
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    26 Dec 2006 05:12 PM
    Phillip S. Osborne wrote:
    In my opinion, Houston Region has one of the best autox programs in the country, with most of their events being run at the Greyhound track south of Houston at the Texas City exit area, can't remember the exact exit number off I 45...

Exit 15 off I-45 halfway to Glaveston from Houston.

The SCCA program isn't an accident. Between great leadership and plenty of volunteers it goes pretty well.

Next event is our annual Solo Runoffs (by invitation) on Jan 6. Our new season starts with the next regional on the 7th.
    WYSIWYG
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Dec 2006 10:10 AM
    hey, thanks a lot guys! those are very good leads. do we have a real estate agent in the house? :)
    Phillip S. Osborne
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    30 Dec 2006 11:14 PM
    Oh man! If only you were looking in beautiful Lexington, KY area! I am dying to sell and move back to Dallas/Fort Worth!
    davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Jan 2007 11:20 AM

I had a local autocrosser sell me my house (CHung Ying). He's a nice guy and found a nice one for us.

I live in pearland and there are plenty of nice houses down in this area and should be within 30 min of your job on fannin.

David Hedderick

gbeaird

--
    25 Feb 2007 05:09 PM

There is a place across the road from us for sale. Pool, attached garage and detached garage with shop, 2+ acres. It is out in Pearland, a little east of where davebs is. Probably still within 30-40 minutes of work.

We also have my Dad's house for sale. 2 car garage with shop area, that could spill out into the Texas room, if you are creative. That, and a 4-car carport and space on the side of the garage behind a fence for a trailer, if the measurements are right. It is located in the Sagemont subdivision, just north of Pearland.

Gene Beaird

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner