Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 08 Dec 2011 05:39 AM by  boss002
Is anyone running a 94 Mustang GT in ESP ?
 78 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Oct 2008 04:29 PM

Here you go.

Ground Control Adjustable Spring Perches

Custom Valved Margrave Motorsports Bilstein Struts

Margrave Motorsports Bilstein Rear Shocks

Steeda Front A Arm Offset Bushings and Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings

Steeda Strut Tower Brace - closest thing I could find to the Cobra R part.

Streeda Front Sway Bar

Custom Rear Adjustable Sway Bar - modified Maximum Motorsports

Springs Front – 1600 lb/in, Rear – 525 lb/in

Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar Customized to clear Steeda Four link

Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates

99 Mustang Convertible Sub Frame Connectors

Torsen T2R Differential

Marcus

www.margravemotorsports.com

ChrisS

--
14 Oct 2008 08:47 PM

Curious about the 4 link setup that you have. Were you able to buy the upper control arms seperately? I thought the 4 link was the uppers and PHB for $1200 (which I find steep).

How do those springs feel?

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
14 Oct 2008 09:31 PM

I did buy the arms and mounts seperate. I don't like Steeda's panhard that much. The Maximum Motorsport one is the longest I have found and longer is better.

The springs are not that bad with the shocks. Everybody things the car does not roll but it will roll enough to pull the front fender liner out and pickup the front inside tire. The shocks really make the ride more than the springs.

ChrisS

--
15 Oct 2008 09:50 PM
I've got Koni SA's right now and was thinking of going to some really stiff springs. I don't have a TA or 5link though.
ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
15 Oct 2008 09:54 PM

Make sure you dyno the shocks. Koni's have a history of not being consistent part to part. They are good shocks but their low end stuff seems to have some variation.

I think you will like the Steeda parts.

ChrisS

--
15 Oct 2008 10:12 PM
ESP89 wrote:

Make sure you dyno the shocks. Koni's have a history of not being consistent part to part. They are good shocks but their low end stuff seems to have some variation.

I think you will like the Steeda parts.

How did you purchase the uppers seperately? I would be interested in that. Can dealers get them this way? I was under the impression that you had to buy the whole kit.

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Oct 2008 09:35 AM
I talked directly to Steeda. They will sell direct or at least they did at one point. If you cannot, let me know I might know somebody who has a good Steeda connection.
SMSupercoupe
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Oct 2008 11:38 AM
What wheels are you using to mount those 315s?  
AutoJim

--
16 Oct 2008 01:56 PM

SMSupercoupe wrote:
What wheels are you using to mount those 315s?

Marcus is running CCWs at 17x11.5" if I remember rightly.

IMO, the secret is the shocks (says the guy running Margrave-valved shocks on his car -- my rears are different, though, 'cause of the IRS).

ETA: Well, shocks, and lots of torque (says the guy with the 4.6L 4V that doesn't have any).

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Oct 2008 02:02 PM
I think they are only 11's but I have not measured them in years. I had some 12's at one point for 335's but that was just too much.
ChrisS

--
16 Oct 2008 06:23 PM
I would love to get 315's all around but that will have to wait. I don't have a phb in the rear, I still have camebr issues up front and I don't want to destroy tires all around from eating the outside edge or rubbing it against the fender in the rear.
SVT199
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
17 Oct 2008 04:23 PM

My Cobra is not as tricked as Marcus's but you could buy it pretty cheap as a full blown ESP ride.

SCCA Cobra
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Oct 2008 01:01 PM

Mark,

I though that you had sold your car?

ChrisS

--
20 Oct 2008 07:35 PM
ESP89 wrote:

Here you go.

Ground Control Adjustable Spring Perches

Custom Valved Margrave Motorsports Bilstein Struts

Margrave Motorsports Bilstein Rear Shocks

Steeda Front A Arm Offset Bushings and Rear Lower Control Arm Bushings

Steeda Strut Tower Brace - closest thing I could find to the Cobra R part.

Streeda Front Sway Bar

Custom Rear Adjustable Sway Bar - modified Maximum Motorsports

Springs Front – 1600 lb/in, Rear – 525 lb/in

Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar Customized to clear Steeda Four link

Maximum Motorsports Camber/Caster Plates

99 Mustang Convertible Sub Frame Connectors

Torsen T2R Differential

Marcus

www.margravemotorsports.com

So you recommend the offset bushings in the front? Is there any additional maintenance required to ensure that the bushing doesn't move and allow the offset to locate itself 180 from where it should be?

Also, do you have a link the Steeda lower control arm bushings? They aren't listed on the Steeda site

SerNick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
20 Oct 2008 07:50 PM
Yeah I thought you sold it too Mark! I would have been all over it when I was looking at my Honda. - Interested in an S2000? :)
ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Oct 2008 09:30 AM

The front bushings push the lower control arm forward not out. So there is no chance for them to rotate. As for the rears, I have had them for ever. Steeda may have stopped selling them but I am sure anybody's would be better than the stock ones.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

SVT199
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Oct 2008 10:14 AM

Hey Nick,

I had it sold a couple times but they ended up not being able to get the financing they wanted, probably because it's tough to get more than a 3 year loan. Whoever were to buy it will have to have cash or at least most of it to make it worth it. The car is still "on the market" if anyone is interested. I used it this past weekend at the Lincoln air park (the maybe site for the Nationals) I think I ended up 2nd or 3rd fastest over all and have not been in the car since the 07' Nationals so I know it is still competitive with most and worked very well on the surface with year old Kumhos.

luke partridge

--
21 Oct 2008 04:09 PM

thanks. marcus i watched dave whitworth run your car in st. louis last year. it certainly seemed really flat to me under load. the 1600/lb springs explain that. i have another question if you don't mind answering more. do you know what the offset and backspacing of those ccw's is? i'm trying to find something similar, but those puppies are probably out of my reach if i'd like to have tires wrapped around them too.

thanks much, luke. 

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Oct 2008 09:46 PM
I don't remember but I will try to measure them this weekend.
SVT199
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
22 Oct 2008 12:57 AM

7.25" is about as far as you can go with the B.S. and even then you will have some contact areas.

luke partridge wrote:

thanks. marcus i watched dave whitworth run your car in st. louis last year. it certainly seemed really flat to me under load. the 1600/lb springs explain that. i have another question if you don't mind answering more. do you know what the offset and backspacing of those ccw's is? i'm trying to find something similar, but those puppies are probably out of my reach if i'd like to have tires wrapped around them too.

thanks much, luke.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner