Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 08 Dec 2011 05:39 AM by  boss002
Is anyone running a 94 Mustang GT in ESP ?
 78 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234
Author Messages
01 FS Z28
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
19 Nov 2008 03:41 PM

As you can see, to each his own. Now admittedly I don't own an SN95 car, but I am familiar with them in a number of ways. And a car is a car is you understand their differences. I've never owned a Z06, RX7, or MR2 either, but had good to great success for myself and customers in those cars. Marcus has always been very open with his car, and I've driven it many times and with different setups. I've messed around with a local customer's GT who had a pretty good showing in KS last year having never been anywhere for a bit event before (and it's not the best car being a 2000 GT).

I'm all about camber curve and wheel rate. I don't think the car needs to be any stiffer than what gives you a proper contact patch on the front tires. And in fact I don't want it to be super stiff as my tastes run to a more forgiving car over bumps. The trick with strut cars in general, and Mustangs in particular (and some VW's and Subaru's) is the camber curve sucks. You gain a lot of positive camber from roll. The answers are to run more negative camber, spring the car like a go-kart, or some combination in between. I've never been one to run a lot of negative camber for the reasons Mark mentioned. I don't like the feel or the lack of braking power. On the other hand I think a suspension should have some compliance for surfaces that are not smooth as glass and/or for rain.

I'm kind of in between, and what I do with one car isn't necessarily what I'd do to another. Different parts, suspension designs and so on effect the balance. I work a very different way (one that math folks hate). I look a lot at photo's, and do a lot of basic thinking about how the car feels and adjust based on what I see and feel. I'm to stupid to do math, and I also don't believe that formula's can make for a perfect car. If they did, nobody would test, and nobody would have to adjust their cars (from us all the way to Formula 1). The driver matters, his/her likes, dislikes, driving style... all of it play into what I do with the setup on any car, a customer's or my own.

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Nov 2008 06:42 PM
DSPBMW wrote:

Guys this isn't technically the right spot to ask, but I think it will serve my purpose....

I'm looking for a set of rear Koni shocks for this gen Mustang. I actually prefer ones that NEED a rebuild to reduce costs. I'm looking to have some things done to them by Koni so they will get a rebuild in the process anyway.

Thanks for any leads.

Looks like I have both single and double adjustable versions in the garage for the rear.

cobraaph
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Nov 2008 06:55 PM

I might be interested in the DA's. What were you hoping to get for them?

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
20 Nov 2008 08:49 PM

$125 for the set of singles and $250 for the set of doubles? I am not sure what they are worth anymore so if this is out of line, let me know. Plus shipping and packaging.

cobraaph
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
23 Nov 2008 09:10 PM

PM Sent.

ChrisS

--
03 Dec 2008 10:11 PM

So is everyone running a Steeda 5-Link or a variant of that?

The MM and Griggs T/A is out so what is left?

fastbird86

--
10 Dec 2008 01:31 AM
ESP89 wrote:

$125 for the set of singles and $250 for the set of doubles? I am not sure what they are worth anymore so if this is out of line, let me know. Plus shipping and packaging.

Did you sell the doubles yet? I may have someone who will by the singles!

ESP89
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
11 Dec 2008 04:56 PM

Damon,

As we talked on the phone. I still have the singles but have sold the doubles.

Marcus

fastbird86

--
11 Dec 2008 07:00 PM

Thanks, I will send you the money tommarrow before I call you about the other shocks!

ChrisS

--
05 Jan 2009 09:56 PM

Mark Jorgensen wrote:

My Cobra is not as tricked as Marcus's but you could buy it pretty cheap as a full blown ESP ride.

That is definitely a nice ride, but you never did say what you were asking or if the car was really on the market.

SVT199
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Jan 2009 11:00 PM
Sorry I guess I thought I had made it clear in the for sale tread that it has been for a while. There were prices thrown out and then I asked what was "fair" no real replies except to try other sights, I guess that worked ;-). I actually sold it on Saturday, got high teens out of her so we are both happy I guess. On to a different class if anything.
fastbird86

--
16 Jan 2009 02:09 AM
Wow, the car finally sold! Hopefully we will still see it around!
SVT199
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
16 Jan 2009 09:27 AM

Yea it finally sold to a local guy that has watched it for a long time. I'm sure he will take great care of it and still make it competitive. This is the replacement car...[:D]

fastbird86

--
17 Jan 2009 07:42 AM
For some reason that dosen't suprise me! You finally get into a viper after how many years working for Bob Woodhouse?
SVT199
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
21 Jan 2009 12:10 PM
Yea it has been hard not having one that we work on here but I'm glad I waited till I was really ready to move on from the Mustang. I guess the real reason is I need to have my ass handed to me in a NEW class for a change! [:P]
ChrisS

--
11 Oct 2009 08:36 PM
Marcus, would you mind sharing the part number for the Ground Control Adjustable Perch that you used up front? I can't find anything on this and I have looked several times.
AutoJim

--
16 Oct 2009 07:32 PM

ChrisS wrote:
Marcus, would you mind sharing the part number for the Ground Control Adjustable Perch that you used up front? I can't find anything on this and I have looked several times.

That's because there isn't one. :)

What we use up front (and I use something very similar in the rear of my IRS car) is a fabricated piece that incorporates a NASCAR-style jackscrew and jacknut from Coleman with some tubing & plate that fit the stock spring pocket in the K-member on one end and the top of the spring with the other end. The jackscrew is bolted to the top piece (car side), the jacknut is welded to the lower piece (spring side) The jackscrew is accessable from below for ride height & corner-weighting purposes.

It's possible that Margrave Motorsports (Marcus's company) will have such an assembly available for order, but I'm not sure.

boss002

--
15 Sep 2011 05:21 PM
I know this is a very old thread, but I would like to bring it back alive since i'm a ESP auto x newb with my mustang, and trying to setup a build plan over time. Has anyone else made any ESP stangs since then and any changes to the COBRA r style setups
boss002

--
08 Dec 2011 05:39 AM
I'm trying to bring this back a second time... Going with the Steeda 5 link on my mustang looking for setup advice from people who do have it, whats better to go koni's or revalve the Bilsteins and so on
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 4 of 4 << < 1234

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner