Indy Region Spring Sprints, May 5-6, 2007, at O'Reilly Raceway Park (formerly IRP).
Entry form and supps are up at:http://www.indyscca.org/RaceFiles/2...hedule.htm
SPECIAL FEATURE EVENT
1. On Saturday there will be a Special Feature Event - the Spec Challenge Australian Pursuit Race. This event will be open to all SM and SRF entries from Saturday.
2. To enter, sign up at Driver Info. Entry fee will be $10. Drivers choosing to compete will abide by the starting order determined by the chief handicapper and will agree to be present at the post race party.
3. Drivers from the two categories will compete against each other as teams. The drivers of the winning category will receive a special victory steak dinner at the Saturday night party, to be prepared by the region’s Iron Chef and served to the winners by the losers. ADDITIONALLY, the top finishing driver in each class will receive $100.
4. Starting positions and intervals will be determined by the Chief Handicapper based on times turned during Saturday qualifying and races, class records, card draw, dice roll, and Ouija board.
5. The winning team, and recipients of the steak dinner, will be the drivers from the category that makes the greatest relative progress against the other during the race. The exact procedure for determining this will be explained prior to the start.
6. Starting procedure as determined by the Chief Handicapper is not protestable. The Chief Steward has final say in all matters regarding the conduct of this event and may alter the regulations for this race only, as necessary at the time of the event.
7. Cars will be gridded in single file order in the pit lane with the first starter at pit exit. Cars will start from the pit exit station (standing start) upon signal from the Chief Handicapper) As each car leaves the pits, subsequent cars must roll forward to the pit exit
but may not proceed until signaled by the Chief Handicapper.
8. Any car entering the pit lane from the track before the checkered flag is automatically a DNF and must stop at the head of the pit lane so as not to interfere with remaining cars gridded at pit exit.