89 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 5 << < 12345
Author Messages
tpc0531

--
27 Aug 2012 06:55 PM
Flat towed a 1990 Miata with a rennemetal tow bar kit (tow bar from harbor freight).

Truck towed great in the mountains. I could not feel the miata behind the truck.

-2 mpg (averaged 17-18mpg) for 600+ miles at 60 to 65 mph

Nice towing vehicle and nice tow solution for Miata's
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 Sep 2012 04:38 PM
I get 2-3 better mpg using premium over regular when towing my enclosed trailer, it more than covers the cost difference
TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
02 Mar 2013 01:34 PM

Getting ready for towing season #7 on the ol' girl now at 197,xxx miles. Couple of updates

Not sure if it was ever posted or not but at the start of last season KW rebuilt the coilovers and then I installed much stiffer 10 kg front and 14 kg rear springs with them. Rides a bit rougher for regular unloaded street use, but pretty much handles all of the loaded cab, bed, trunk, and trailer weight like it's nothing. The truck is pretty much a dedicated tow/hauling vehicle now.

replaced an electric radiator fan assy (there are two single fans) several months ago. The original one was still working, but the bearings had worn to the point it was wobbling and I could feel a vibration when the fan cycled on and off, mostly at idle.

also put in new spark plugs after 100,000 miles of service on the previous set; the used plugs had a perfect white-tan color and didn't look like they had seen in anywhere near that mileage, engine still seems strong and doesn't leak at all or use any more oil than expected

the rear toe eccentrics had rusted solid, likely from my previous winter use location in Reno, NV where they salted the roads, had to cut the lower rear arms out with a cutting wheel and replace them with new eccentrics lathered in anti-seize

replaced both the front &amp; rear swaybar chassis pivot bushings recently, seems to corner a little flatter - have to drop the rear subframe to access the rear swaybar bushings but it was easy to drop and do one side at a time with the rear up on jack stands and a single floor jack to lower &amp; raise the subframe. The springs being more biased towards the rear now provides a decent handling balance

have a new set of semi-metallic pads with four new rotors waiting to be installed in the next week or so

at the last dealership visit everything still checks out A-OK; original suspension joints, steering rods, etc.

transmission still seems fine to me (knock on wood), paint still has great luster though a number of rock chips on the hood are showing some light rust, everything still works like it should in and out, interior is holding up very well, definitely the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned and to date it's taken all the use and abuse I can throw at it

fingers are crossed that it will last two more years and then I'll take a look at replacing it with a model year#2 of the next generation Honda Ridgeline

TeamRX8
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
14 Sep 2013 01:01 AM
Turned over 210,000 miles on the odometer on my way to Lincoln for the 7th Nationals trip and race season towing with the Ridgeline.

Hoping to get one more race season out of her (#8) next year without any major work. Got my fingers crossed.
acts77

--
03 Mar 2014 07:02 AM
That sounds great. Good luck!
S2kTas
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
26 Jul 2014 06:10 PM
102,000 miles on my 2009 Honda Ridgeline, and all is well....... Going to keep it for another few years.

andrewjohn1317

--
03 Apr 2015 06:35 AM
Thanks guys. Good discussion. I tend to agree that there are no "great" trailer tires. I definitely will stay with load range E tires for the dual axle enclosed trailer. Apparently all trailer tires made in China, or as I discovered even Maxxis is made in Thailand. Such a discision. Yes, will replace every 3-4 years, keep out of sun in storage, run at 80 psi. Still, shopping is frustrating.
andrewjohn1317

--
08 Apr 2015 06:06 AM
Nice forum to a perfect multipurpose vehicle.

Could anyone as a good vehicle and great gas milage compared to a full size van/truck
S2kTas
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
09 Apr 2015 11:17 AM

Honda has a new model Ridgeline for 2016.    Search around on Google for more pictures   

http://automobiles.honda.com/new-ridgeline/

sassysaint

--
25 Jun 2017 03:23 AM
I have a 2008 Honda Ridgeline; I'm looking at a 2010 Funfinder XT190...  axle wt = 3,040lbs, hitch wt = 425lbs, dry wt = 3,465lbs, gvwr = 6,025lbs, 19Lx8Wx8H... can my truck handle this?
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 5 of 5 << < 12345

Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner