3 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
JBL

--
05 Aug 2007 06:22 AM
    Hello,

I am posting from Belgium, Europe, and would highly appreciate your help. I am currently trying to research the history of a specific driver/car which was quite successful in the late 60ies in the central SCCA b-production championship. The driver is Allan Barker and the car I am researching is an extremely rare 1963 Chevrolet Corvette Stingray convertable. The car is now in Europe is is still racing in the European FIA-historic championship, please see the attached photo.

During my research I did not really got any further any information or photo about this specific car would help.

Thanks for your kind help,
    Jan

BAdams

--
    05 Aug 2007 09:36 AM

Have you seen this site? http://www.corvettefever.com/thehis...ers_circle

A friend of mine (driving a 289 Cobra) finished 2nd to Allan's Corvette at the Runoffs in 1970 . I'll see if he has any pictures.

Jennifer Knigge

--
    24 Aug 2007 05:26 PM

Hello,

Alan Barker is my father-in-law. He suggested that you get in touch with his brother, Donald Barker, who would have all of the information about the car. Alan doesn't use a computer much but he does't mind if you call him with questions. He loves to talk about racing. You can get his phone number from Donald. Contact Donald by e-mail at DonaBr5@aol.com or you can contact me at jknigge@sbcglobal.net.

Best Regards,

Jennifer Knigge

ebnrt
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    11 Dec 2007 12:05 AM

This may be an unnecessary tangent, but one of the cars that your particular Corvette would have raced was Ike Knupp's B/P AMC AMX; I believe the AMX won B/P in the Cen-Div in 1968 and was 2nd at the SCCA Runoffs to a Corvette--perhaps yours??? (not 100% on the year -- if it wasn't 68 then it was 69...).

SCCAForums Image

http://www.classicone.com/teamamx/car/race.htm

The AMX is being vintage raced here in the 'States.

You are not authorized to post a reply.

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner