AV8SS at Infineon Labor Day.
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
cosmoracer

--
10 Aug 2007 01:34 AM

Below is an email from Bruce Griggs regarding American V8 Supercar series.

Racers: I have been talking with SCCA up here and they would welcome the AV8SS series west to start up out here under the SCCA umbrella as it does now in the east. All it takes is six cars to make it a class, and we could run a 5 or 6 race series here in NorCal at sears, t/hill and Laguna (103db). We’d be running in Group 1 and therefore be the fastest cars in the group. This could be a great way to get an alternative series going as some of have talked about over the years that would garner points only for running at NorCal tracks. We wouldn’t have the restrictive rules as any front engine v-8 powered rear drive car can run. But the rules do offer parity. Anyway we thought we would extend an invitation ASAP. I can streamline licensing for those without SCCA credentials and I believe you will experience fewer hassles than most of you are used to. But I have to get back to them with a car count soon. Vipers are welcome too. The important thing is, car count. Getting it started. If you can support this event in any way, it will help assure this will happen next year, and give us all another reason to race. Plus if you haven’t run with San Francisco region SCCA, you are in for a treat. Rules require any DOT tire, and engines are limited to an engine restriction formula based on compression ratio, displacement, rpm limit and area of air inlet. This allows any engine to compete. Weight breaks are there for those with smaller tires, those that cannot make the power level, and weight penalties are there for cars with too low a CG (simple measuring method I will describe later) and for those running wings instead of spoilers. Our rules do not have to be exactly the same as the east coast AV8SS. I believe the rules will be really fair, and if not, we’ll change them. So, lets give it a go…. What do you think?

Bruce Griggs

707-939-2244

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner