PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 24 Aug 2007 09:57 AM by  drgoodwrench
WTB: ITA legal Miata 1.6 stuff you need to unload!
 4 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
drgoodwrench

--
20 Aug 2007 12:05 PM

Did you have some cool stuff made for you or that you bought to run in SM, but now feel the need to purge yourself of these pieces? I am building an ITA Miata ('92) specifically to run in the NASA 25 hours of Thunderhill event. Trying to keep the budget reasonable(?), and looking for any suggestions from experienced SM folks on what they would do given the ITA rules. This car will never run in an SCCA event, or any sprints, just this one event then basically it will be an open track day car.

Specifically I am looking for parts and advice on the Air Dam/Splitter set up, shocks and springs, airbox to TB mods, fuel curve "fixes", exhaust, and Head modifications.

I must have this car pass Tech at SoPac SCCA , get its book, then it can run the event. The endurance rules allow us to run ANY size DOT tire. We can even run any rim size desired.

The floor is open to discussion!!

Thanks.

Me at Spa with 170 other cars for 25 hours

ecugrad97

--
    20 Aug 2007 04:40 PM

A good start here:

http://search.ebay.com/ebaymotors/_...ssZecugrad

I have a 52mm Alum. Radiator that I have not listed yet.

ecugrad97@yahoo.com

drgoodwrench

--
    21 Aug 2007 06:55 PM
    Thanks!
    mtm68

--
    22 Aug 2007 02:47 PM

Have you ever raced with NASA?

drgoodwrench wrote:

Did you have some cool stuff made for you or that you bought to run in SM, but now feel the need to purge yourself of these pieces? I am building an ITA Miata ('92) specifically to run in the NASA 25 hours of Thunderhill event. Trying to keep the budget reasonable(?), and looking for any suggestions from experienced SM folks on what they would do given the ITA rules. This car will never run in an SCCA event, or any sprints, just this one event then basically it will be an open track day car.

Specifically I am looking for parts and advice on the Air Dam/Splitter set up, shocks and springs, airbox to TB mods, fuel curve "fixes", exhaust, and Head modifications.

I must have this car pass Tech at SoPac SCCA , get its book, then it can run the event. The endurance rules allow us to run ANY size DOT tire. We can even run any rim size desired.

The floor is open to discussion!!

Thanks.

Me at Spa with 170 other cars for 25 hours

drgoodwrench

--
    24 Aug 2007 09:57 AM
    For many years.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner