Swift DB2 #34 For Sale
 0 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
teambowman

--
17 Sep 2007 08:40 AM

1989 Swift DB2, Serial Number 00989, for sale! Due to new hobby of paying for my daughters college education, I am retiring from racing and plan to become a Steward.

From what I know, the car is one of the later DB2’s made, since they were making DB5’s at this time as well. The engine was rebuilt this spring by Charley Williams (Kansas City), the tub was updated, repaired, and strengthened (new floor) by Pat Prince this spring, the shocks were rebuilt by Chris Billings (Shock Shop) this spring, and the gearbox was rebuilt last year by Taylor. The car has lots of Fast Forward and Protech modifications and goodies (the undisputed experts on all things S2). Two years ago I installed a CDS CoPilot2 dash, to which data logging can be easily added. The performance monitor feature is really good, and has helped me a lot. The car has run well all season and served me very well over the years. This car has very, very few DNF’s, and I have owned the car since 2002.

I have lots of miscellaneous stuff to send with the car; a perfect nose, a broken nose, a broken tail, a very broken left side pod, an original undertray, 12 wheels and tires (including one set of rains and one on the car), a steel header, etc.

Since I am getting out for a while, I will also be selling some other stuff like an extra oil pan, a setup stand and scales, Smart Camber gauge, Tire Temp Gauge, Bump Steer Gauge, etc.

This is the basics, so visit http://bowmanscott.home.mchsi.com for pictures and information. I am asking $26,000 for a very complete, ready to race, well maintained racecar. If the sale is local, I would be willing to assist the new owner in getting to know the car.

Contact me at bowmansc@kjww.com or call me on my cell 515.314.3788 and I will answer if I can. If not, leave a message.

Scott Bowman

Johnston, Iowa

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner