first unread button
 12 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Author Messages
kjchristopher

--
30 Sep 2007 11:22 PM

On all the other message boards I'm on, there is a button that quick links to the first new post since I was at the site. Is that not available on this site? Or is it an option that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

KJ

GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    03 Oct 2007 01:03 AM
    Not Yet Availble.

I really miss one, every other forum software does, but not this one. Maybe that's why I don't see it (this forum software) used in very many places.
    christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    04 Oct 2007 09:58 AM
    Glenn L. Austin wrote:

I really miss one, every other forum software does, but not this one. Maybe that's why I don't see it (this forum software) used in very many places.

Yeah, it's not used many places, like, oh I don't know, xbox.com, asp.net, and quite a few other large sites.

GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    23 Mar 2008 09:35 PM
    Still missing the first unread button...maybe someday...
    wrchas
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    23 Mar 2008 09:54 PM
    "Latest Posts" up in the top right.
    GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    24 Mar 2008 08:36 PM

Not exactly the same thing.

It gives you a "forum" with all of the unread messages. Not the same as an "first unread message in this thread." 

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    25 Mar 2008 10:46 PM
    It's not gonna happen with this software. Maybe someday when we switch to a new platform, but this software is a pita to modify right now.
    kjchristopher

--
    07 Nov 2009 10:39 AM

Chris Hammond wrote:
    It's not gonna happen with this software. Maybe someday when we switch to a new platform, but this software is a pita to modify right now.

When are we switching to a new platform? This is so painful. So much potential, yet so difficult that so many people just avoid it.

christoc
    I'm an Admin
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 Nov 2009 01:04 AM
    That's not my decision, or project. I'm not an admin here anymore :)
    solo-x
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    08 Nov 2009 05:10 AM
    kjchristopher wrote:

On all the other message boards I'm on, there is a button that quick links to the first new post since I was at the site. Is that not available on this site? Or is it an option that I'm overlooking?

Thanks,

KJ

I distinctly remember that on this site, if you clicked on a thread you had already participated in or read, you would automatically get the last post. Now it seems you get the middle of the thread. Not sure what happened there, was silently hoping it would get fixed.

GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Nov 2009 10:39 AM
    solo-x wrote:
    kjchristopher wrote:

Thanks,

KJ

I distinctly remember that on this site, if you clicked on a thread you had already participated in or read, you would automatically get the last post. Now it seems you get the middle of the thread. Not sure what happened there, was silently hoping it would get fixed.

IIRC, that was before the switch to Community Server.

I've even signed up on their (Community Server's) support site to express a request for a "first new post" button -- and got a complete brush-off, like I didn't know what I was talking about (or asking for).

SCCAForums Staff
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    09 Nov 2009 11:11 AM
    Over the holidays... the plan is to move over to vBulletin... and all should be good again! [:)]
    GlennAustin
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    09 Nov 2009 08:42 PM

SCCAForums Staff wrote:
    Over the holidays... the plan is to move over to vBulletin... and all should be good again! [:)]

Thanks! That is good to hear!

You are not authorized to post a reply.

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner