You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
autoxmax
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
24 Nov 2007 04:23 PM

There's a meeting of the minds for the '08 Solo Div series in the works.

I'm curious what competitors would like to see changed for next year?

Likes?

Dislikes?

Suggestions?

Brad

fastbird86

--
    25 Nov 2007 02:09 PM
    any idea of the when, where and what time of this meeting.
    Sharpecs

--
    25 Nov 2007 04:38 PM

The Pearsall Event was great, probably one of the best sites in the country. Hope we can get more folks to come down this year.

Chris

balaguru

--
    26 Nov 2007 10:22 AM
    Maybe there was a good reason why the DFW event was held at La Grave, but I would have preferred Mineral Wells. Safer and faster.
    autoxmax
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    26 Nov 2007 10:22 AM

fastbird86 wrote:
    any idea of the when, where and what time of this meeting.

Dammon,

The meeting is Sat, Dec 1st.

Send a note to the Divisional Steward Todd Farris, for more details: todd@tamscc.tamu.edu

I know he's looking for some interest/feedback from the Louisiana group.

Brad

davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    27 Nov 2007 06:09 PM

The problems I have with using Mineral Wells for anything but a regional event are:

- Hotels in town are limited if you want to sleep with anything besides a roach and a rat. Mineral Wells Best Western is the only one I know of that's pretty nice.

- Not a lot to do besides just race.

- No nearby yuppie restaurants. And not many places to eat there.

- In the summer there is NOOOO breeze at all and it always seems to be 100+ degrees.

- back to the distance thing.....it's not a lot of fun waking up and driving for 30 min to get to the site ;)

I thought La Grave was a good location. Something different. However, having run the bus lot in the last year it seems to have decent grip to me as long as it's dry. I am happy to hear the tour is at TMS.

autoxmax
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    27 Nov 2007 10:05 PM
    More than likely the Tx Region Divisional for '08 will be at the TMS Bus Lot.
    davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    28 Nov 2007 12:10 AM

That's good news for a tour. Besides putting on an event thats well organized, its also nice to be somewhere like a racetrack or a nice stadium or whatever. Surroundings make an impression on the whole experience for out of towners as well. :)

I'm quite excited :)

StuMax

--
    28 Nov 2007 12:47 AM
    Sharpecs wrote:

The Pearsall Event was great, probably one of the best sites in the country.  Hope we can get more folks to come down this year.

Chris

I don't agree with the first part...the site was pretty good as long as it was dry...it was not. I'll be back down next year to support all of my fellow divisons but I thought Pearsall left a lot of room for improvment. I say that knowing full well that spokes and Loan star are kick ass clubs and will put on another killer event for 08! 

I also wanted to thank those guys for supporting the Texas Region Divisonal! I know there were very few Texas Region guys down in Pearsall, Don't think we didn't notice the large number of Spokes and Loan Star guys up in Fort Worth! 

gopanoz

--
    28 Nov 2007 01:39 AM

What are the odds of having an event in LA? [:D]

Could it be a potentially 4 event divisional? [Y]

Have race tires, will travel.

gopanoz

--
    28 Nov 2007 01:39 AM

StuMax

--
    28 Nov 2007 07:32 AM
    John wrote:

What are the odds of having an event in LA?  [:D]

Same Here! That would be awsome!
    fastbird86

--
    28 Nov 2007 05:13 PM
    John wrote:

I dunno, what are the odds of ya'll coming over from TX for a 2 day AutoX?

fastbird86

--
    28 Nov 2007 05:14 PM
    John wrote:

StuMax

--
    28 Nov 2007 06:39 PM
    fastbird86 wrote:
    John wrote:

Very Very Very good! I know a whole bunch of people just in my region that would be there if you guys hosted a Divisonal!

2 hours is just a trip to Mineral Wells to me and I do that almost every weekend! At least going to LA it will be all highway driving!

davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    30 Nov 2007 12:05 PM

Just 1 note about the Pearsall event.........weather. Be prepared for it. If there is a chance of rain, get up an hour or two earlier and be out at the site making sure things are together and ready to go ON TIME. This was my biggest peeve about it. I remember standing around waiting for an hour for no reason other than "waiting to see if the rain stops." You'll notice when it is raining the night before at some events (or maybe people don't notice.....tours and divs especially) the event organizers will be out early at 530-6am marking the course again and making sure things are ready to go, so people aren't stuck standing around.

There is absolutely no excuse for that. Other than that....great event.

StuMax wrote:
    Sharpecs wrote:

The Pearsall Event was great, probably one of the best sites in the country. Hope we can get more folks to come down this year.

Chris

I don't agree with the first part...the site was pretty good as long as it was dry...it was not. I'll be back down next year to support all of my fellow divisons but I thought Pearsall left a lot of room for improvment. I say that knowing full well that spokes and Loan star are kick ass clubs and will put on another killer event for 08!

I also wanted to thank those guys for supporting the Texas Region Divisonal! I know there were very few Texas Region guys down in Pearsall, Don't think we didn't notice the large number of Spokes and Loan Star guys up in Fort Worth!

autoxmax
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    02 Dec 2007 10:39 AM
    Davebs14 wrote:

Just 1 note about the Pearsall event.........weather. Be prepared for it. If there is a chance of rain, get up an hour or two earlier and be out at the site making sure things are together and ready to go ON TIME. This was my biggest peeve about it. I remember standing around waiting for an hour for no reason other than "waiting to see if the rain stops." You'll notice when it is raining the night before at some events (or maybe people don't notice.....tours and divs especially) the event organizers will be out early at 530-6am marking the course again and making sure things are ready to go, so people aren't stuck standing around.

There is absolutely no excuse for that. Other than that....great event.

StuMax wrote:
    Sharpecs wrote:

Chris

I thought the Spokes bunch handled the rain situation very well! They were dealing with site management that was very restrictive about how the course could be marked. They were pushing the limit with what they did with the bars of soap.

I personally didn't mind waiting for the rain to stop. It wasn't like I hadn't devoted the day to being there.

Brad

sm2dan
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    02 Dec 2007 02:37 PM

David, we weren't just standing around. We were waiting to see if there would be a considerable swing in weather conditions. We were told by site management that when the sun peers out of the clouds that it only takes 30 minutes to dry the entire course, something you don't see at ANY event. When we saw that it wans't going to happen, with all the cloud cover we just decided to stop wasting time and get on with it. Considering how quickly Day 1 was completed, we knew we had time and that nobody had anything else to do. If people really were urging to finish so they could get back out on the road, we couldn't help them with that, we just wanted a good event, not a quick event.

d

davebs14
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    03 Dec 2007 01:29 AM

well that's just my 2 cents. :)

If it's gonna rain, the point is to suck it up and run. A drying course is a challenge to run in. Lots of us brought rain tires to drive on in the event of rain. I like to get as much experience in varying conditions as possible. Divisional events are supposed to be (or at least used to be until the tour series became popular) preparation for nationals. Thus they should be run like a national event. How many national events were held 30 min to see if it would dry up? None that I have ever been to. If people want to do that, do it at a regional event. Not a divisional that people drove hours to come to only to be standing there twiddling their thumbs while we wait. :)

A good event doesn't mean dry IMO. It would have been better had we pushed on and run as the schedule had dictated instead of waiting. It's in the past now. Nothing can change it. But I would like to see us run instead of wait. I would love to never run in the rain ever again, but it's not possible. How many people get to KS, get rained on and think.....gee I wish I had more seat time in the rain since there are others who seem to do better at driving in it than me. That's me :) I will run my kart in the dang rain even. I ran it on slicks for god sakes. So cmon.....please for me and all the others like me who suck in the rain let me have my rain practice :)

autoxmax
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    03 Dec 2007 10:33 AM
    Davebs14 wrote:

well that's just my 2 cents. :)

If it's gonna rain, the point is to suck it up and run. A drying course is a challenge to run in. Lots of us brought rain tires to drive on in the event of rain. I like to get as much experience in varying conditions as possible. Divisional events are supposed to be (or at least used to be until the tour series became popular) preparation for nationals. Thus they should be run like a national event. How many national events were held 30 min to see if it would dry up? None that I have ever been to. If people want to do that, do it at a regional event. Not a divisional that people drove hours to come to only to be standing there twiddling their thumbs while we wait. :)

A good event doesn't mean dry IMO. It would have been better had we pushed on and run as the schedule had dictated instead of waiting. It's in the past now. Nothing can change it. But I would like to see us run instead of wait. I would love to never run in the rain ever again, but it's not possible. How many people get to KS, get rained on and think.....gee I wish I had more seat time in the rain since there are others who seem to do better at driving in it than me. That's me :) I will run my kart in the dang rain even. I ran it on slicks for god sakes. So cmon.....please for me and all the others like me who suck in the rain let me have my rain practice :)

You're our hero David! You, are an autocross GOD!

Just my 2 cents..... some people can find anything to ***** about! :)

Brad Maxcy

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner