You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
sm2dan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Dec 2007 01:59 PM

here's what you get for your 2 cents :) How many national event sites do you know off that have the ability to dry off completely in 30 minutes? None that I have ever been to. How many National events have you been to with only about 100 entrants? none that I have ever been to. But being only a Divisional and knowing that we can be done in just a matter of hours once started, I think we made the right call by giving ourselves a little leeway. And we'd do it again.

d

davebs14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Dec 2007 07:30 PM

:P smartass. lol

I"m just saying, I need all the rain practice I can get

autoxmax wrote:
Davebs14 wrote:

well that's just my 2 cents. :)

If it's gonna rain, the point is to suck it up and run. A drying course is a challenge to run in. Lots of us brought rain tires to drive on in the event of rain. I like to get as much experience in varying conditions as possible. Divisional events are supposed to be (or at least used to be until the tour series became popular) preparation for nationals. Thus they should be run like a national event. How many national events were held 30 min to see if it would dry up? None that I have ever been to. If people want to do that, do it at a regional event. Not a divisional that people drove hours to come to only to be standing there twiddling their thumbs while we wait. :)

A good event doesn't mean dry IMO. It would have been better had we pushed on and run as the schedule had dictated instead of waiting. It's in the past now. Nothing can change it. But I would like to see us run instead of wait. I would love to never run in the rain ever again, but it's not possible. How many people get to KS, get rained on and think.....gee I wish I had more seat time in the rain since there are others who seem to do better at driving in it than me. That's me :) I will run my kart in the dang rain even. I ran it on slicks for god sakes. So cmon.....please for me and all the others like me who suck in the rain let me have my rain practice :)

You're our hero David! You, are an autocross GOD!

Just my 2 cents..... some people can find anything to ***** about! :)

Brad Maxcy

davebs14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Dec 2007 07:34 PM

Well had I been to the walnut ridge pro this year.....lol

I understand the reasoning behind it.....but it just pissed me off at the time since we took the time to drag all of our crap over and change to rain tires in the rain, then have to stand around. :)

But, I'll know if it rains this year to wait it out and shut up and smile :)

sm2dan wrote:

here's what you get for your 2 cents :) How many national event sites do you know off that have the ability to dry off completely in 30 minutes? None that I have ever been to. How many National events have you been to with only about 100 entrants? none that I have ever been to. But being only a Divisional and knowing that we can be done in just a matter of hours once started, I think we made the right call by giving ourselves a little leeway. And we'd do it again.

d

sm2dan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Dec 2007 08:15 PM

Changing to rain tires before you run is much better than watching you guys run in wet/drying conditions and then we get dumped on for 2nd heat, i take a run on A6s, then change tires before Dani's first run in the middle of the downpour after I get back from my first "run" :P

d

Davebs14 wrote:

Well had I been to the walnut ridge pro this year.....lol

I understand the reasoning behind it.....but it just pissed me off at the time since we took the time to drag all of our crap over and change to rain tires in the rain, then have to stand around. :)

But, I'll know if it rains this year to wait it out and shut up and smile :)

sm2dan wrote:

d

davebs14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Dec 2007 11:20 PM
that's god's way of saying quit beating AS in a damn GS car :p
gopanoz

--
04 Dec 2007 11:33 PM
Speaking of switching things around. Can we have a buslot divisional before National tour? Will there be any ax at the buslot before tour?
autoxmax
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
05 Dec 2007 08:33 PM

Time will tell!

A Divisional before the Tour? Don't bet on it!

Seriously, none of the schedules have been set yet.

davebs14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
05 Dec 2007 11:54 PM

I'd think there are regional events at TMS before. Either ER, BMW, or TX region.

Also, we're going to allow karts at all 3 divs this year right? That's all I have these days :)

autoxmax
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
13 Dec 2007 08:28 AM

'08 Texas Region Solo Schedule was just posted:

#1 - Mar 16.............. Pennington Field
#2 - April 27.............
TMS Bus Lot

Nat Tour May 3/4..... TMS Bus Lot
#3 - May 18............. Mineral Wells
#4 - Jun 15.............. Pennington Field
#5 - July 20..............
TMS Bus Lot
#6 - Aug 17.............
TMS Bus Lot
#7 - Sept 28............
TMS Road Lot
#8 - Oct 19..............
TMS Bus Lot
#9 - Nov 16............. LaGrave Field

Looks like the April 27th event will be the best shot at a practice on the TMS Bus Lot surface.

ER doesn't typically use TMS due to site cost & insurance requirements.

But the BMW guys usually have a few events there.

rickmartinez

--
13 Dec 2007 11:41 AM

How about an April Divisional at TVTC? Any interest in heading down there early this year? Just wondering... ;-)

-Rick

davebs14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Dec 2007 01:39 AM

Hmm 85 is better than 95 :) I'd do it.

As long as it doesn't interfere with the next closest national event in Arkansas. :)

davebs14
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
18 Dec 2007 01:41 AM

Is there any way we can charge $30-35 for the road course event and cut off entries at 150 so we get 4 runs? :) Those events are a hoot :)

I'll be at that April event as well :)

David

autoxmax wrote:

'08 Texas Region Solo Schedule was just posted:

#1 - Mar 16.............. Pennington Field
#2 - April 27.............
TMS Bus Lot

Nat Tour May 3/4..... TMS Bus Lot
#3 - May 18............. Mineral Wells
#4 - Jun 15.............. Pennington Field
#5 - July 20..............
TMS Bus Lot
#6 - Aug 17.............
TMS Bus Lot
#7 - Sept 28............
TMS Road Lot
#8 - Oct 19..............
TMS Bus Lot
#9 - Nov 16............. LaGrave Field

Looks like the April 27th event will be the best shot at a practice on the TMS Bus Lot surface.

ER doesn't typically use TMS due to site cost & insurance requirements.

But the BMW guys usually have a few events there.

gopanoz

--
10 Jan 2008 11:55 PM
Just curious if there are new updates available for 08 divs since last month?
ccarver

--
15 Jan 2008 10:23 AM

John wrote:
Just curious if there are new updates available for 08 divs since last month?

1st SOWDIV of the year will be at EVOC in Zachary Louisiana. April 19 & 20. The site is located just north of Baton Rouge and has been by far the best site in Louisiana for the last 4 years.

Todd is sending me more info so we can make a flyer and start to adverstise this thing.

Please spread the word and lets make this event a big hit.

Thanks

Chris Carver

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner