You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 512345 > >>
Author Messages
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
14 Dec 2007 11:45 AM

Now that we have a new forum, we should all introduce ourselves and have a list of who we are, what we drive, and maybe even what we do in the real world.

List of Indy Members (and associates):

• Andy Ucter (STU STi)
    • API Tim M. (SMS '03 carbon black BMW M3)
    • balefire Paul Crisostomo (BS #35 '07 silver RX-8)
    • Bobzilla Bob Miller (STS #3 white Hyundai)
    • brgmcs Scott Dales (SM #90 british racing green Mini Cooper S)
    • Bridgestone Josh Newcum ('89 Nissan 240sx)
    • btwelch Bryan Welch (STX Cadillac CTS)
    • ColdFire Ben ('95 Acura Integra GSR)
    • dbrier Dale Brier (SM #26 '03 black Subaru WRX Wagon)
    • DRAG Luke Wilson (STU '09 Mitsubishi Evo X)
    • Duck Hunter 117 Ryan Kowalewski (ES #21 Fiero)
    • Eclipse2Lancer Will Lahee (STS #58 '89 white Civic Si (B. Davis co-driver), previously STS #9,#93 '04 Ralliart Lancer)
    • elwood Jim Priest (SM #51 '96 maroon Subaru Impreza L)
    • Fah GTI Curtis Wade (STS orange VW MKV GTI)
    • gchambers Geoff Chambers (STS2 Miata - X Class)
    • gilpatt Pat Gilbert (SMS purple Neon)
    • gripfreak89 German Tabor (DP #46 ''91 refrigerator white Miata, previously STS2)
    • Harold Hammerly Harold Hammerly ('90 red Miata)
    • jww John Wilmoth (SM black Audi TT)
    • kar120c Phil Wehman (ASP #25 Lotus Elise)
    • kentk42062 Kevin Kent (STU #1 '06 Subaru STI)
    • Locked Nick Myers (STU '03 white Evo VIII)
    • McGuyver Chris McGuire (STS/SMS/? #17 '02 Impreza 2.5 RS)
    • Michael Benz Michael Benz (SM #24 '05 white Acura TL)
    • MikeG Mike G. (HS #1 VW cabriolet)
    • mtownneon Dave Dusterberg (STS red wheel neon)
    • The Nebulizer Jason Proksch (SMS #25 '02 blue M3)
    • The Outsider Kevin Miller (SMS #11 '00 Acura Integra R)
    • Racerlinn Steve Linn (#6 ITA red Sentra SE-R)
    • rboone Randy Boone (SS '07 black M Coupe)
    • RonConrad Ron Conrad (STS #25,#125 '86 pearl white Honda Civic Si)
    • schmuk David Sockrider (STX blue R32)
    • Shahab323is Shahab Sakha (Mini Cooper)
    • Sly Fox Riley Dill ('86 VW GTI, (WIP) 87 GT Mustang)
    • SopFu Sean Seamon (SM2 '08 MazdaSpeed Miata)
    • turbohappy Brian Davis (STS #158 '89 white Civic Si (W. Lahee co-driver))
    • yamaha Andrew (HS black zx3 focus, SHO)
    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 01:01 PM

The Nebulizer's bio:

I am Jason P. - a novice autocrosser (just started this year), but I have been having a great time with it. I started the season in my 325Ci that I supercharged during the season (SM), but even the supercharger couldn't get much power through the slushomatic transmission. I later moved on to my dream car the laguna seca blue M3 (AS) and now I have too much power - you've probably seen me screaming with my hands in the air as I spin it out on the course... (if you've missed it, I have a video I will post later... ) Next season I plan to get some Kumho 710s to help me with my lack of throtte control. I am married to Annamaria who is from Italy. I am the lab director for a small clinical chemistry company. I spent the first 34 years of my life in school (OK, not the first 3) - and now that I am taking a break from it (may go back for DVM some day), I finally have time and income to spend on my love of racing. I am the administrator of an xbox racing site (xblracing.com), and I have helped contribute ideas to several game developers and xbox live developers (I am a cheatcode [H]and in the credits for MotoGP2 on Xbox - makes bouncey, pink bikes when you put my name on your bike).

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 03:08 PM

Eclipse2Lancer = Will Lahee (STS 9, 93 in 2004 Ralliart Lancer. In 2008 will co-drive "the lunchbox" with Brian Davis. Which is his 1989 Civic SI. STS #58, 158)

2008 will be my 3rd full year of autocross. Thankfully my wife of 7 years and 3 year old daughter put up with my "hobby". They know it is more of an obsession though. [:P]

I love cars, Colts football, dodging club racers in the pits and the smell of race gas in the morning.

Racerlinn
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 03:55 PM

The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

But at least I don't drive a frickin laser.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 04:03 PM
    Racerlinn wrote:

The details of my life are quite inconsequential....

Oh, come on - let's hear your story.

Laser? And, what is 'ITA' Sentra?

I'm going to assume anyone posting in this thread doesn't mind their info being listed in the first post - even if I have to make it up...

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 04:17 PM

Bobzilla- Bob Miller, STS #3, fastest Hyundai in the Indy and Ft Wayne Regions. Way to old to be starting another hobby. . . but at least I don't drive a Nissan. . .

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 04:24 PM
    Bobzilla wrote:

Bobzilla- Bob Miller, STS #3, fastest Hyundai in the Indy and Ft Wayne Regions. Way to old to be starting another hobby. . . but at least I don't drive a Nissan. . .

... [*-)] uh, not that I am doubting you, Bob, but are there any other Hyundai's ? [:P]

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 04:26 PM

There was one, and I beat him! [:D]

Ok, the smilies suck. . . but the rest is ok. AS for "my life". . . this here be my second year in this sport we call auto-x'ing. Got hooked at a Ft wayne/S.Bend auto-x at grissom a year ago last august. Ran a completely stock suspension, on Kumho KH16 tires. Had no clue what I was doing. Came in dead last in STS. Been hooked ever since.

Racerlinn
    Basic Member
    Basic Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 04:40 PM

The Nebulizer wrote:

Oh, come on - let's hear your story.

Laser? And, what is 'ITA' Sentra?

I'll assume anyone posting in this thread doesn't mind their info listed in the first post.

OK Jason, since you are new and in the spirit of the new forum.

The frinkin laser is in reference to Daubenspecks old car.

Started autocrossing in 1998. Won STS from 1999 thru 2002, wons STX in 2003, second in SM in 2004 to the Dales FrankenMini, won DSP in 2005 and 2006, but got beat by Brian this year.

Was a Solo co-chair from 2000 thru 2003. Was Regional Executive in 2003 and again in 2006 and 2007. Probably going to be again in 2008... Served on The Board of Directors every year since 2000.

Converted my car over to an ITA (Improved Touring A) club race car during 2004, started club racing in 2005. Managed to squeek out a third place in GLDIV in ITA this past season.

My son Robby has run a Junior kart the last two seasons with Scott's son Parker. Daughter Marissa will be running a second kart in 2008. My Solo seat time will probably be limited next season due to this.

Been there, done that, got a bunch of T shirts, spent a lot of money.

duck_hunter_117

--
    14 Dec 2007 05:17 PM
    "Duck Hunter 117" = Ryan Kowalewski (ES #21 Fiero)

Ran a couple of events at the end of 06 got hooked and made every event I could for Columbus and Indy this year. I'm planning on running my Fiero with my fiancée next year. I might run my Suzuki Aerio a couple times, so that I can have the fastest Suzuki in the region :)
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 05:28 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Now that we have a new forum, we should all introduce ourselves and have a list of who we are, what we drive, and maybe even what we do in the real world.

List of Indy Members:

1. "The Nebulizer" = Jason Proksch (AS #25 - '02 blue M3; previously SM #25 - red 325Ci)
    2. "Eclipse2Lancer" = Will Lahee (STS #158 '89 Civic SI (B. Davis co-driver), previously STS #9,#93 '04 Ralliart Lancer)
    3. "Racerlinn" = Steve Linn (#6 ITA Sentra SE-R)
    4. "Bobzilla" = Bob Miller (STS #3 Hyundai)
    5. "Mtownneon"= Dave Dusterberg (STS #19 Neon, the one with the red wheels)

Hi,

I'm Dave. I've been addicted to cars and racing for 42 of my 43 years. My current drug of choice is Solo II but I'm getting ready to start mainlining Club Racing in addition. I've been doing Solo for just over a year now.

Other drugs, er, substanc, uh, racing I've been addicted to has been short track asphalt racing, bracket racing, and half scale, or Super Mini Cup racing.

Additionally, I'm known to be a Mopar-holic. I've found no cure for that but at least I've been able to avoid the late stage "Mullet-itis" so far. That and I suffer from "Buell-atism" which has given me a couple minor rashes and and a condition from time to time called "Monkey-Butt". I did see a powder for that at the Farm and Fleet store.

When I'm not curled in a corner and scratching stuff, I work for Performance Drivenllc.com. You know, that parts company that exists in cyber-space that supports many racing habits in our region. I do stuff, like sell parts, surf the internet, work on my addic- er, race cars. I am a certified welder. I used to be an ASE certified mechanic.

I'm still married, by the grace of God, to the lovely and talented Pauletta. She has a Miata. She is also someone the Club Racers want to be nice to, she's a divisional T&S person. She bakes me cookies. She enables my addict- uhm, racing.

My Neon is old- for a Neon. It has the SOHC engine. It has our springs on it, some Konis and lots of urethane, so it sounds like my knees when it goes over bumps. It finished 2nd in STS this year, I was just along because well, I'm addicted. It has red wheels.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    14 Dec 2007 07:42 PM
    mtownneon wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

List of Indy Members:

1. "The Nebulizer" = Jason Proksch (AS #25 - '02 blue M3; previously SM #25 - red 325Ci)
    2. "Eclipse2Lancer" = Will Lahee (STS #158 '89 Civic SI (B. Davis co-driver), previously STS #9,#93 '04 Ralliart Lancer)
    3. "Racerlinn" = Steve Linn (#6 ITA Sentra SE-R)
    4. "Bobzilla" = Bob Miller (STS #3 Hyundai)
    5. "Mtownneon"= Dave Dusterberg (STS #19 Neon, the one with the red wheels)

Hi,

I'm Dave. I've been addicted to cars and racing for 42 of my 43 years. My current drug of choice is Solo II but I'm getting ready to start mainlining Club Racing in addition. I've been doing Solo for just over a year now.

Other drugs, er, substanc, uh, racing I've been addicted to has been short track asphalt racing, bracket racing, and half scale, or Super Mini Cup racing.

Additionally, I'm known to be a Mopar-holic. I've found no cure for that but at least I've been able to avoid the late stage "Mullet-itis" so far. That and I suffer from "Buell-atism" which has given me a couple minor rashes and and a condition from time to time called "Monkey-Butt". I did see a powder for that at the Farm and Fleet store.

When I'm not curled in a corner and scratching stuff, I work for Performance Drivenllc.com. You know, that parts company that exists in cyber-space that supports many racing habits in our region. I do stuff, like sell parts, surf the internet, work on my addic- er, race cars. I am a certified welder. I used to be an ASE certified mechanic.

I'm still married, by the grace of God, to the lovely and talented Pauletta. She has a Miata. She is also someone the Club Racers want to be nice to, she's a divisional T&S person. She bakes me cookies. She enables my addict- uhm, racing.

My Neon is old- for a Neon. It has the SOHC engine. It has our springs on it, some Konis and lots of urethane, so it sounds like my knees when it goes over bumps. It finished 2nd in STS this year, I was just along because well, I'm addicted. It has red wheels.

Bravo sir! [Y]

gripfreak89

--
    14 Dec 2007 09:38 PM

German Tabor

Started autocrossing 2 events in 2006. Raced about 8 events in 2007 plus The National Championships in Topeka.

I've driven my refrigerator white miata, My brother's red miata with white stripes, Geoff Chamber's normal white miata (also at nats), and my uncle's silver miata.

All in STS2.

Next year I'll be racing my refrigerator-white miata in DP.

So look for a miata that looks like a fridge, probably #46.

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Dec 2007 09:48 AM

Ron Conrad

Recently moved to Bloomington Indiana from the Fort Wayne area.

1986 Honda Civic Si (STS #125 or #25) Pearl White

1987 Honda CRX Si (will eventually be an STS2 project)

1987 Honda Civic Wagon (will eventually be a daily driver)

1998 GMC Safari AWD van (tow vehicle / wife's daily driver)

Currently working in a Programming / Help Desk role for a company that runs Immediate Care Centers across Indiana.

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    15 Dec 2007 10:02 AM
    RonConrad wrote:

Ron Conrad

Welcome to the Indy Region, Ron![<:o)]

'86 STS Civic? You'll want to swap ideas with Brian Davis and Will Lahee in a similar and well set up STS Civic. That is one of our bigger classes (averages nearly 10 competitors) so you will get a lot of competition. We have another member that just got a CRX and is planning to also rprep it for STS2. Good luck this year! And, if you know of any good potential sites in Bloomington let us know as we are looking to expand to another event site this year.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Dec 2007 10:03 AM
    RonConrad wrote:

Ron Conrad

1986 Honda Civic Si (STS #125 or #25) Pearl White

1987 Honda CRX Si (will eventually be an STS2 project)

1987 Honda Civic Wagon (will eventually be a daily driver)

1998 GMC Safari AWD van (tow vehicle / wife's daily driver)

Currently working in a Programming / Help Desk role for a company that runs Immediate Care Centers across Indiana.

Hi Ron! Guess this means we will see you more often at Indy and Columbus events. [:D]

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Dec 2007 10:05 AM
    The Nebulizer wrote:
    RonConrad wrote:

Ron Conrad

Welcome to the Indy Region, Ron![<:o)]

'86 STS Civic? You'll want to swap ideas with Brian Davis and Will Lahee in a similar and well set up STS Civic. That is one of our bigger classes (averages nearly 10 competitors) so you will get a lot of competition. We have another member that just got a CRX and is planning to also rprep it for STS2. Good luck this year! And, if you know of any good potential sites in Bloomington let us know as we are looking to expand to another event site this year.

LOL....Ron doesn't need any help from us, he is a wiley vet. [;)]

RonConrad
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    15 Dec 2007 11:58 AM

An 86 Civic is quite different than an 89. The car is fairly well set up. Plan to switch to 15" (from my 215/50/13's) since the tires are much better these days. I will probably run 15x7 Enkei RPF1 Wheels and Bridgestone RE01R's. Plan on lightening my car by shedding driver weight :)

I will keep my eyes open for an autocross site down here. I would be great to have a Spring or Fall event down here, and get some of the IU students out. I know there is a shut down Otis Elevator factory somewhere near Bloomington.

I'm also building a Formula Junior Kart for my daughter Zoe. I have a complete kart, and a methanol Briggs motor for it.

We will try and make the Indy Banquet...I know several Indy Region members, and it would be great meeting all of you.

P.S. Anyone have a spare distributor, and wiring harness for an 86 - 87 Civic Si? I have a lot of factory parts for 1st gen CRX's and 3rd gen Civics (mostly body & trim parts).

elwood

--
    15 Dec 2007 12:04 PM

"elwood" - Jim Priest, SM #51 1996 Subaru Impreza L

I started dabbling with autox in '02 with a WRX. In '05, I sold the wrx and bought an old beater subie, which is now more fun than the wrx ever was. '07 was my first full season of autox. The car did well, and I learned a lot, but I still have plenty of room for improvement.

Already can't wait for '08!

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    17 Dec 2007 10:21 AM

Brian Davis

Owner of the shitvic - 89 Civic Si, 158 STS. Looks like shit, but fairly fast [;)] Should be lots of competition in X class next year since STS/STS2 got pummeled for next years PAX.

2008 will technically be my 11th year autocrossing, but it will be my 4th doing it seriously (didn't do more than 2 events a year before that due to schedule difficulties). I've autocrossed regularly: 95 Neon, 94 del Sol, 89 CRX, and current 89 Civic.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 512345 > >>

Woodhouse Motorsports
    SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button Leroy Engineering Micro Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner