Author Messages
rtp.rick
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
17 Dec 2007 02:14 PM
turbohappy wrote:

Brian Davis

Owner of the shitvic - 89 Civic Si, 158 STS. Looks like shit, but fairly fast [;)] Should be lots of competition in X class next year since STS/STS2 got pummeled for next years PAX.

2008 will technically be my 11th year autocrossing, but it will be my 4th doing it seriously (didn't do more than 2 events a year before that due to schedule difficulties). I've autocrossed regularly: 95 Neon, 94 del Sol, 89 CRX, and current 89 Civic.

"Pummeled"?? I really don't think it's THAT bad.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
18 Dec 2007 12:11 PM
rtp.rick wrote:

"Pummeled"?? I really don't think it's THAT bad.

H's & K's,
Rick Ruth

Hahahahaha. Maybe that was overstatement. But it definitely would close up X class results from the end of last year a LOT.

SlyFox87

--
21 Dec 2007 03:22 AM

Sly Fox= Riley Dill (86 VW GTI(owned by Pete Hylton), (WIP) 87 GT Mustang)

first off I'd like to thank Pete for getting me addicted. Also, Pete is not my real father for those who have wandered. i just happened to be at the right place at the right time and he took me in. My real father use to race mini sprints and build/sell custom chassis. I love racing...he's divorced from racing. i actually met Pete and Thumper at autobahn country club in 2005? i have a horrible memory, so if i run into anyone and have a blank look on my face, i'm sorry. Anyways, my girlfriend at the time gave me the boot and i traded it with Pete.I've been toying with cars since i was 15. I have a 1963 ford galaxie fastback, 1965 Malibu chevelle, 1987 (bastardized) mustang gt, and a 1999 silverado. i also do welding (TIG and MIG) and custom fab work on the side for those who are interested. The GTI probably wont be seen much if any in the solo scene this year due to a brand new motor. good luck to the honda from cssc;) I will be around either as a spectator, driver, crew, worker, or target for a FA car. hopefully that was the first and last time it will ever happen.

gripfreak89

--
21 Dec 2007 10:21 AM

Have you gotten some of the issues resolved with the GTi? I always looked at it when you autocrossed it and it seemed like you were either on the bumpstops all the time or you must have been running 2000 pound springs, it looked like it had a welded suspension, it seemed to not move at all!

Just something i noticed...

SlyFox87

--
21 Dec 2007 12:43 PM
surprisingly thats how stiff the car is. that car was built for road racing and believe it or not...it handles really good. At ORP when the track is warm, you can keep your foot into it all the way down the dragstrip and all the way through 1a right before the tunnel. i've also gotten it to three wheel at Gingerman raceway in michigan.
tiremonkey

--
21 Dec 2007 04:14 PM
89 Nissan 240sx - Not sure which class yet. I'm brand spanking new.
SlyFox87

--
21 Dec 2007 08:50 PM
welcome to the family. what mods do you have?
turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
21 Dec 2007 10:49 PM

Bridgestone wrote:
Josh Newcum 89 Nissan 240sx - Not sure which class yet. I'm brand spanking new.

How's it going Josh? Planning on making several events this year then? Sweet!

Shahab323is

--
22 Dec 2007 12:53 PM

"Shahab323is" = Shahab Sakha (DS #15 '98 BMW 323is) The one with lots of body roll and a big sticker. =]

Attended an event at the end of the 06 season. This past year was my first year driving. Attended 3 events with SCCA and 1 with BMWCCA. Plan on becoming a member in 08 and attending as many events as possible. Other than that typical broke college student. The term low-budget takes a whole new meaning with me =]. Really looking forward to next season though, can't wait.

-Shahab

tiremonkey

--
22 Dec 2007 07:55 PM
Brian - I will try to attend as many as my schedule lets me. They still don't have 08 in stone yet. But I am looking forward to it.

Sly Fox - It has a stock SR swapped in. 5 lug, Z32 front brakes, ST sway bars, lots of random stuff. When I was buyin parts for it I wasn't thinking about SCCA. oops. I have been trying to find more 240s that AutoX but there are not alot. I think there is one in Fort Wayne but I havn't gotten around to searching for him.
brgmcs

--
22 Dec 2007 09:52 PM

Bridgestone - Sounds like Street Modified to me, due to the engine swap. Do you still have your interior?

Scott checking in. Owner of the Frankenmini that Steve hates. STS ('93 Probe GT) in 2000, 2001, 2002. DS ('03 MCS) in 2002, STX in 2003, SM in 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, and probably 2008. My son Parker co-drives a kart with Robby (Steve's boy). I'm betting Mars beats them both by the end of 2008. Work as an engineering manager developing/dyno testing new engines at a major engine manufacturer. Married, two sons. The 5yr old is itching to get in a kart too.

Scott

90SM

tiremonkey

--
25 Dec 2007 10:31 PM

I have the stock seats and dash still, but behind the seats is stripped as well as the trunk.

MichaelBenz

--
27 Dec 2007 12:02 PM

Michael Benz

Current Solo Co-Chair for 2008 season. I am from Fishers Indiana and have been autocrossing with the SCCA for one season. Prior to that I was VP on the Board of Directors for a local performance challenge charity event that also included autocrossing. I am in sales and marketing (broker) for a living in Indianapolis and cover Indiana and Kentucky markets selling foodservice disposables and related products for about twelve manufacturers. I am a Certified Professional Manufacturers Representative (CPMR) and an IU grad. I am 40 years old...and like Bob....probably too dang old to take up a new hobby but I am hooked and love to get involved on an administrative/managerial level in just about anything I get into....or somehow I end up there or being asked to volunteer...lol. I currently drive a white 2005 Acura TL that is supercharged and love to drive and compete as much as possible.

SCCAForums Image

balefire
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
28 Dec 2007 09:30 AM

Paul Crisostomo

Just checking in. BS #35. My autox history -

'02 - noncompetitive STS Honda Accord followed by another noncompetitive ES Miata

'03 - about 90% prepped BS Honda S2K.

'04-'06 - MIA due to work, marriage, kids

'07 - about 70% prepped BS RX-8

See everyone next year!

kentk42062

--
28 Dec 2007 04:01 PM

Kevin Kent (STU 1 '06 Subaru STI)

The upcoming season (08) will be my 5th year of autocrossing. The first 3 years were in STX driving a 03 WRX Wagon. My addiction this past summer led me to 20 events in Indianapolis, Columbus, Dayton, and Louisville. My limited success has inspired me to consider more divisional events this coming summer and possibly driving in Topeka in September. The full support of my wife and the help of fellow Subaru owners have helped considerably in making my autocrossing such a joy on most Sundays. The only changes planned for my car for the coming season are the addition of some front endlinks and a switch to 245 tires (from 225) when the current tires are gone. I look forward to spending my Sundays with all of you in the coming year....

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
30 Dec 2007 01:23 PM

Yes Steve, I am the Big Stig. Contractual obligations kept me from disclosing this to you in October. [;)]

Geoff Chambers. I drive one of several STS2 Miatae in the X Class.

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
31 Dec 2007 04:22 PM

I finally made it over.

Dale Brier. I drive the black "GROCERY GETTER" station wagon. It is a 2003 Black WRX Wagon.

SM 26 and I'm way outgunned in SM.

I'm the one that hides in the trailer before and during the events. You've all paid me at least a few times this year at the trailer. Somehow Will has roped me into being registration chief this year. If you want to help work in the trailer in the morning, let me know.

I work for the Dept of Natural Resources with the Division of Outdoor Recreation. I'll try to run the DNR magnets again this year, I lost one at Putnam so I need to make another.

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
31 Dec 2007 06:18 PM

^^ heh...."roped" you? I just volunteered you. [:D]

Admit it....you love taking everyone's entry fee.

hhammerly

--
02 Jan 2008 08:08 AM

Hello,

I am Harold Hammerly, the longest participating and slowest autocrossing member of my family that include Gustavo Hammerly, Brian Tabor and German Tabor.

I started in autocrossing in 1997 with an Acura Integra GSR, Currently drive a red 90 Miata but have not had the time to participate as often as I would like to.

I really enjoy autocrossing and its social aspect, I like to ride along and take riders as well.

My personal interests are racing and metal fabrication; I currently work at Eli Lilly in their engineering technical center.

SopFu

--
13 Jan 2008 05:10 PM
RonConrad wrote:

Ron Conrad

Recently moved to Bloomington Indiana from the Fort Wayne area.

Ron!!! When did you move to Bloomington? I was living in Bloomfield when we shared a campsite in 2006 for an August Grissom event, but now I have a house in Bloomington, too. If you need anything, feel free to give me a call!

Sean Seamon - Started autocrossing in 2005 up in Minnesota, then moved to Indiana in 06 for work. I did 25-30 events in 2006 in my Mazda3, but didn't make it out too many times in 07 due to jumping on a rotation to Dubai for work that kept me in the Middle East for most of the 2007 season, and then having the headaches of buying a house once I got back.

Then in October, a gracious friend of mine who works at a Mazda dealer invited me over to have some fun with some of the cars they had on the lot. Now I have a MazdaSpeed Miata that I'll be running in SM2 for 08. Funny how that works, eh? I'm hoping for over 30 events this year, taking the Evo I and II courses, and attending at least 2 national tours. Nationals are even early, so hopefully I'll make it out for that (if my work lets me...).

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner