--
14 Jan 2008 04:52 PM

Did we stop updating the first post?

RonConrad
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
14 Jan 2008 07:42 PM
Sean, sent you a private message with my contact info.
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
15 Jan 2008 01:52 PM
dbrier wrote:

Did we stop updating the first post?

Sorry, I've been slacking a bit.... It's updated now.

kar120c

--
17 Jan 2008 06:48 PM

Phil Wehman - "KAR120C"

This is my 10th season.

First 8 years were with a Caterham Super 7. But early in 2007 I sold that...and my trailer...and my giant SUV tow vehicle...

Now I drive a Lotus Elise and a RAV 4. That SUV snob Steve Linn calls the RAV 4 a girly car. I can't imagine why!

DRAG

--
18 Jan 2008 02:03 PM

Hi everyone! Luke Wilson - 27, married, and a little one due June 1, VP and partial owner of a company that makes equipment for bio-containment laboratories. I started auto-x last year thanks to Lee Miller and my dad. I am completely hooked and I enjoy having the same hobby as my dad again...finally...since racing RC cars as a kid.

My primary interest is in drag racing, and I race in the Pro All Motor class for Nopi and NHRA. My car is a tube chassis Honda Insight with an alcohol 2.5 liter engine.

So what does that worthless bit of information have to do with auto-x?[:P] There are 8 weekends that I can't auto-x and hopefully they don't conflict with too many events. Other weekends, I will be hanging out with you guys driving my 05 Mitsu EVO. I started in BSP and recently had to switch to SM because of some silly cams that I installed. My car is all stock with the exception of exhaust and cams, so that tosses me up there [*-)] I have debated putting the car back to stock, or getting rid of the cams and getting out of SM but I like the power and I like running against a large group of cars and not just 1 or 2. So...maybe some suspension and some big fat tires later this year? I dunno. I have fun driving like a goof. Also coming with me will be my dad in AS and my friend Nick in his STU EVO.

McGuyver

--
18 Jan 2008 02:50 PM

McGuyver = Chris McGuire

One wife (so far), two kids, one mortgage. I'm a product development engineer for Delta Faucet so if you need a discount give me a call.

I think I started in 1998 when I bought Mark Badgley's 83 VW GTI and ran STR for one season. After that I was one of the original members of the Street Touring Dad (STDs) group in STS in 99-01 until my very pregnant wife made me sell the Rabbit as it was not an appropriate dad-mobile. I've been a solo chair I think twice since 2000 and was the treasurer one year on the BoD.

Since the VW left me, I've had a 2002 Impreza 2.5RS that I've run in GS, STS, & SM with a complete lack of success in all three. I still haven't made up my mind what to run this year. I'm back on my stock springs and shocks with only upgraded sway bars so matter what I choose I will continue my uncompetive ways.

Chris

STS/SMS/? #17

ColdFire

--
24 Jan 2008 12:37 AM
Hey guys, figured this would be as good a place to introduce myself as any. Names Ben and I'm 20 and in school studying Computer Information Technology, currently taking the prerequisites for my Cisco Certification class. I own a 1995 Acura Integra GSR as a project car and a really slow 1993 Honda Civic as a daily driver. I've only been to one autox so far and have been drag racing (at the strip) a couple times. I was going to race the teg as much as possible this year until the engine ran out of oil on a short road trip. The piston rings are fried and it had been burning the stuff for a while but finally siezed up on me and there go my plans for this year. Right now the teg is sitting in a storage facility which has become my makeshift garage. Once it gets a little warmer (above 40 due to no heat or electricity) the car will be being built specifically to race sped and then be strictly for the track and a little fun around town. As a side note, does anybody know a good shop to get custom cages built in the mid west part of the state? I'll travel a goodly distance to get it done but would like to make it in one day round trip.
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
24 Jan 2008 12:51 PM

We are up to 25 forum members!

Not bad for just over a month - especially considering this is the off-season.

New and improved list is now in alphabetical order!!! oooohhhh! (Hmmm, should "The Nebulizer" go in 'N' or 'T' ????? Technically it should be 'T', but maybe 'N' is more natural.)

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Jan 2008 10:18 AM

Actually, according to the Library "the" is placed after the title/name. Therefore it would read "Nebulizer, The".

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
25 Jan 2008 11:42 AM
Bobzilla wrote:

Actually, according to the Library "the" is placed after the title/name. Therefore it would read "Nebulizer, The".

Stop it! You're making my head hurt [:P]

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Jan 2008 11:46 AM
Bobzilla wrote:

Actually, according to the Library "the" is placed after the title/name. Therefore it would read "Nebulizer, The"

True enough, but "The Nebulizer" is a proper name - not a title. 'The' is part of the name itself, not just a grammatical article as it would be in a title - so technically it should be in the 'T's (like it is here in the sccaforums membership list).

People don't realize the tough decisions one has to make when running a member list - its a lot of responsibility.[:P]

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 10:00 AM

"Locked" - Nick Myers..

I'll be in the white Evo VIII this year. Currently the car is nearly stock, but I plan on starting in a class that I can grow into. "STU" Maybe give Kevin some much needed competition.

I was fairly involved a few years ago with a JR Supercharged Integra GSR. That thing needed tires, and a driver other than myself. I needed to go around the cones in 4th so I wouldn't break the tires loose when accelerating. No one told me the gas pedal wasn't just an on/off switch.

My next door neighbor is Luke "Drag." After 2 years of trying to talk him into the sport his DAD gets him to an event. sheesh...

I've met a few of you. Hope to meet more and learn everything I can.

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Feb 2008 02:18 PM

Locked wrote:
No one told me the gas pedal wasn't just an on/off switch.

I heard this once too - but I still don't believe it. Just because the accelerator is springy - doesn't mean it is pressure sensitive.

Glad to see there will be someone else with my driving technique racing with us this year. Welcome, Nick.

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 02:32 PM
I'm not saying I still drive with that technique.[:P] Even if I did the AWD traction will forgive me. The fwd teg would just spin the tires from the exit of a turn to the entry of the next.
Andy Ucter

--
08 Feb 2008 03:05 PM
Locked wrote:

"Locked" - Nick Myers..

I'll be in the white Evo VIII this year. Currently the car is nearly stock, but I plan on starting in a class that I can grow into. "STU" Maybe give Kevin some much needed competition.

you should look at last years class results a bit more closely. ;)

i did to see what the area scoop is...

between you and drag, and Mr. M3 we should have a nice STU crowd this season..

My name is Andy, I've just moved, and transferred region of record.

anything else you'd like to know for some reason, ask..

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 03:55 PM

Andy Ucter wrote:

What car are you "borrowing?"

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Feb 2008 03:56 PM

Andy Ucter wrote:

Well, maybe there will be a nice competition for 2nd place at least... I hope to be in that hunt, but first I need to see if I am able to run in that class. Response to Andy Hollis's thread on this topic (e46 M3 in STU) was very favorable, so I would bet the rules will be modified by the SEB.

Andy Ucter

--
08 Feb 2008 04:09 PM
Locked wrote:

Andy Ucter wrote:

What car are you "borrowing?"

An STi

why?

Andy Ucter

--
08 Feb 2008 04:11 PM
The Nebulizer wrote:

Andy Ucter wrote:

Well, maybe there will be a nice competition for 2nd place at least... I hope to be in that hunt, but first I need to see if I am able to run in that class. Response to Andy Hollis's thread on this topic (e46 M3 in STU) was very favorable, so I would bet the rules will be modified by the SEB.

I've been following that thread

frankly

I would enter STU anyway

maybe ask your comrades if they have any beef about it ( I certainly would not!!! )

as long as you stick to the rules and spirit of the class, the more the marrier!!!

I know I would never protest you, if you beat me.. hell, if you did, i'd prolly buy you a beer or something!

Basic Member
Basic Member

--
08 Feb 2008 05:17 PM

Andy Ucter wrote:

why?

Just curious.

The Nebulizer wrote:

I agree.. just stick STU on your car or talk to the right person to make it official in the Indy region.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 5 << < 12345 > >>

Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Leroy Engineering Micro Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner