Vorshlag 468x60 Banner
PrevPrev Go to previous topic
NextNext Go to next topic
Last Post 11 Jan 2008 01:36 AM by  SlyFox87
Christmas wish list...
 28 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 212 > >>
Author Messages
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member
Posts:1816


--
17 Dec 2007 02:32 PM

    Are you looking for a subtle way to get your loved ones to buy what you really want - post it here and "just happen to leave it open on your desktop"...

    Here's my list:

    1. Kumho 710s (keep dreaming... )
    2. An extra set of wheels (18") for the tires.
    3. New steering rack for my old daily driver (power steering is out) - at least I am bulking up my turning muscles for autocross season.
    4. Another dog [&](also just dreaming... )
    5. MotoGP 07 (xbox360)
    6. Neck massager
    7. Orbital polisher
    8. 1:18 diecast M3 model (laguna seca blue on black[8-|])..........
    9. A new job...[N]
    10. Anything electronic with lights or a screen or makes noise or needs to be plugged into my TV/monitor.
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    18 Dec 2007 09:59 AM

    How about:

    1. Healthy, happy family.
    2. A really really, really, really, really good solo site.
    3. Lower gas prices.
    4. Warmer weather (feel I am getting older when I see snow and cringe) [:@]
    5. A fun and successful 2008.
    6. Did I mention a really really, really, really, really good solo site?
    7. Since the Evo X is a little over-done....how about a nice, used Evo IX?
    8. Trip to a really good driving school.

    I know....I don't really want many "things". Hope that isn't too boring. [:P]


    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1120


    --
    18 Dec 2007 11:16 AM

    All but the Evo part. . . and on a more personal note:

    1. A muzzle for the M-I-L while I'm out visiting them in a week.

    2. Camber bolts for some much needed negative camber.

    3. A short winter.

    4. Everyone out there to hae a great "off-season" and looking forward to a great start to the '08 season.

    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:778


    --
    18 Dec 2007 12:18 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    2. A really really, really, really, really good solo site.

    w00t. That would be my #1. #2 would be anything that takes me less time to get ready the morning of the autocross so I have more time to help the rookies [:)]

    The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1816


    --
    18 Dec 2007 06:34 PM
    turbohappy wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    2. A really really, really, really, really good solo site.

    w00t. That would be my #1. #2 would be anything that takes me less time to get ready the morning of the autocross so I have more time to help the rookies [:)]

    So, are X class members supposed to be helping out novices? I heard something about this at the last meeting, but I never knew there was anything formal like that.

    I was thinking of an extension of this. What if we gave X members (or some other experienced autocrossers) the work assignment of just helping out novices during their runs. They could simply walk around the grid and make themselves available for ride alongs, give tips on technique specific to that vehicle, or help with tire inflation, etc. I would think this would be more enjoyable than shagging cones, and would give novices some much needed help. (I know I always feel like I must be bugging other racers on the grid when I ask for help - but if it was actually someone's job I would be much more enclined to ask) What do you think?

    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    18 Dec 2007 07:46 PM
    turbohappy wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    2. A really really, really, really, really good solo site.

    w00t. That would be my #1. #2 would be anything that takes me less time to get ready the morning of the autocross so I have more time to help the rookies [:)]

    I'll buy you an alarm clock that actually goes off earlier than 8 am. [:O]

    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:778


    --
    18 Dec 2007 11:21 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

    So, are X class members supposed to be helping out novices? I heard something about this at the last meeting, but I never knew there was anything formal like that.

    I was thinking of an extension of this. What if we gave X members (or some other experienced autocrossers) the work assignment of just helping out novices during their runs. They could simply walk around the grid and make themselves available for ride alongs, give tips on technique specific to that vehicle, or help with tire inflation, etc. I would think this would be more enjoyable than shagging cones, and would give novices some much needed help. (I know I always feel like I must be bugging other racers on the grid when I ask for help - but if it was actually someone's job I would be much more enclined to ask) What do you think?

    I'm actually in charge of the rookie program for next year, but hoping to get some help from the X class folks [:)] Your suggestion is interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many "regular" workers we can spare. We've already talked about counting some other assignments. I'm not sure it makes sense to have a bunch, but one or two could be really cool.

    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:778


    --
    18 Dec 2007 11:22 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    I'll buy you an alarm clock that actually goes off earlier than 8 am. [:O]

    Hahaha. Just because the alarm clock goes off, doesn't mean it affects the owner [:)]

    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    19 Dec 2007 08:20 AM
    turbohappy wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

    So, are X class members supposed to be helping out novices? I heard something about this at the last meeting, but I never knew there was anything formal like that.

    I was thinking of an extension of this. What if we gave X members (or some other experienced autocrossers) the work assignment of just helping out novices during their runs. They could simply walk around the grid and make themselves available for ride alongs, give tips on technique specific to that vehicle, or help with tire inflation, etc. I would think this would be more enjoyable than shagging cones, and would give novices some much needed help. (I know I always feel like I must be bugging other racers on the grid when I ask for help - but if it was actually someone's job I would be much more enclined to ask) What do you think?

    I'm actually in charge of the rookie program for next year, but hoping to get some help from the X class folks [:)] Your suggestion is interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many "regular" workers we can spare. We've already talked about counting some other assignments. I'm not sure it makes sense to have a bunch, but one or two could be really cool.

    Perhaps we should have at least 1 member of the "X" class working grid during each heat. We'll have to keep that in mind when doing work assignments.

    turbohappy wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    I'll buy you an alarm clock that actually goes off earlier than 8 am. [:O]

    Hahaha. Just because the alarm clock goes off, doesn't mean it affects the owner [:)]

    I guess you have a point. LoL [:D]


    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1120


    --
    19 Dec 2007 08:25 AM

    That's it. . .I'm knocking on Brian's door at 7am on my way to an event. That'll be my little "present" to him!

    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:666


    --
    19 Dec 2007 08:47 AM

    My Christmas wish list........

    1) More speed for my Neon

    2) That Will forgets how to drive

    3) An alarm clock for Brian (Davis) that includes a shock collar

    4) A Suzuki Swift for Bob just because

    5) A chance to race Steve wheel to wheel for at least two whole laps at ORP

    6) That folks in the region will buy more stuff from Brian (Gard) my job depends on it

    7) A ride in Lee Miller's Locost

    8) To drive Jack Tovey's Viper (Now I'm just dreaming, I know)

    9) That we find new sites for Solo

    10) That we find a home for our Club Race program to flourish again

    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    19 Dec 2007 10:55 AM
    mtownneon wrote:

    My Christmas wish list........

    1) More speed for my Neon SRT-4? MOPAR!!

    2) That Will forgets how to drive NOT A CHANCE

    3) An alarm clock for Brian (Davis) that includes a shock collar AMEN!

    4) A Suzuki Swift for Bob just because PLEASE DO SO HE WOULD SHUT IT ALREADY :-)

    5) A chance to race Steve wheel to wheel for at least two whole laps at ORP I HEAR HE LIKES THE DIRT AROUND TURN 12 {ducks}

    6) That folks in the region will buy more stuff from Brian (Gard) my job depends on it PERFORMANCE DRIVEN, LLC {for those that don't know}

    7) A ride in Lee Miller's Locost BEING A PRETTY GIRL HELPS....AND YOU ARE NEITHER!

    8) To drive Jack Tovey's Viper (Now I'm just dreaming, I know) SEE # 7

    9) That we find new sites for Solo WE WILL....HAVE FAITH

    10) That we find a home for our Club Race program to flourish again SEE # 9

    Answered the best I could in bold for you. [:D]

    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:666


    --
    19 Dec 2007 09:16 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    mtownneon wrote:

    My Christmas wish list........

    1) More speed for my Neon SRT-4? MOPAR!! Only if I put the SRT4 engine in my car. The second gen chassis ain't the greatest.

    2) That Will forgets how to drive NOT A CHANCE A guy can dream can't he? Or better yet, just how loose of a car can you drive?

    3) An alarm clock for Brian (Davis) that includes a shock collar AMEN! And give Bob a remote for it......................

    4) A Suzuki Swift for Bob just because PLEASE DO SO HE WOULD SHUT IT ALREADY :-) I wasn't going to say that but, yeah, that too.

    5) A chance to race Steve wheel to wheel for at least two whole laps at ORP I HEAR HE LIKES THE DIRT AROUND TURN 12 {ducks} You aren't insinuating he suffers under pressure...................{also ducks}

    6) That folks in the region will buy more stuff from Brian (Gard) my job depends on it PERFORMANCE DRIVEN, LLC {for those that don't know} Yeah, Performance Driven baby! www.performancedrivenllc.com (shameless plug)

    7) A ride in Lee Miller's Locost BEING A PRETTY GIRL HELPS....AND YOU ARE NEITHER! I resemble that remark!

    8) To drive Jack Tovey's Viper (Now I'm just dreaming, I know) SEE # 7 Ditto

    9) That we find new sites for Solo WE WILL....HAVE FAITH I have faith, just channeling some good mojo.

    10) That we find a home for our Club Race program to flourish again SEE # 9 Mo' mojo!

    Answered the best I could in bold for you. [:D]

    Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1120


    --
    20 Dec 2007 08:14 AM
    Wait. . . I got a ride in Lee's car. What are you saying? I'm girly?
    mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:666


    --
    20 Dec 2007 08:27 AM
    Bobzilla wrote:
    Wait. . . I got a ride in Lee's car. What are you saying? I'm girly?
    You said it, not me.
    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    20 Dec 2007 09:25 AM

    mtownneon wrote:
    Bobzilla wrote:
    Wait. . . I got a ride in Lee's car. What are you saying? I'm girly?
    You said it, not me.

    lol....ditto.

    and Dave....I guess we will find out how well I can drive a loose car seeing as B is dropping the front swaybar. Watch out corner workers!! [H]

    turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:778


    --
    20 Dec 2007 10:56 AM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    and Dave....I guess we will find out how well I can drive a loose car seeing as B is dropping the front swaybar. Watch out corner workers!! [H]

    Don't get too worried. The one that was there was puny. It'll be tuned similarly to how it was before, just lighter [:)]

    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    20 Dec 2007 01:07 PM
    turbohappy wrote:
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

    and Dave....I guess we will find out how well I can drive a loose car seeing as B is dropping the front swaybar. Watch out corner workers!! [H]

    Don't get too worried. The one that was there was puny. It'll be tuned similarly to how it was before, just lighter [:)]

    Weeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

    GChambers
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member
    Posts:1928


    --
    30 Dec 2007 01:39 PM

    So Will,

    Now that you are going to be driving "The Car To Have" you are going to run X Class with us, right?

    <-------------- Will have an open seat for riders after my third run at all local Indy events. And, would be happy to be that X Class grid worker. [:D]

    Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member
    Posts:918


    --
    31 Dec 2007 06:15 PM
    GChambers wrote:

    So Will,

    Now that you are going to be driving "The Car To Have" you are going to run X Class with us, right?

    <-------------- Will have an open seat for riders after my third run at all local Indy events. And, would be happy to be that X Class grid worker. [:D]

    Not sure about that. Only will be my third year, and will be in a brand new car. I think you will have to really "sell" me on that.

    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 212 > >>


    Sunoco 88x31 Button
    Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button
    G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
    Leroy Engineering Micro Button

    Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

    SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

    Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank



    Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner