You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12
Author Messages
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Jan 2008 01:22 PM
Aw. . .c'mon Will. You know you want to! You REALLY wwant to!
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Jan 2008 02:37 PM

Bobzilla wrote:

How about this Sparky....you pay all my entry fees and I'll run X class. [H]
Is Dave D. still going to run STS?

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Jan 2008 03:49 PM

Don't know yet. I think even he is still up in the air on that one. IIRC he was considering changing classes or some such nonsense.

How about this. . .I'll bring cookies/brownies to each event for you if you make the jump!

Edi: Of course, I probably would have shared anyway!

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Jan 2008 06:06 PM
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Bobzilla wrote:

I'll be running STS in my car but depending on where we're at with the IT car (The Greon), I'm sure we'll be sorting it so I'll be running it in DSP some also. So in other words, I'm not worried about points for '08, it's just going to be a building year on many fronts.

BTW: I like cookies and brownies.

Dave

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
04 Jan 2008 08:11 AM
You talk Will into X-Class and there will be cookies or brownies every weekend.. . .
Racerlinn
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
04 Jan 2008 07:46 PM
mtownneon wrote:
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Bobzilla wrote:

I'll be running STS in my car but depending on where we're at with the IT car (The Greon), I'm sure we'll be sorting it so I'll be running it in DSP some also. So in other words, I'm not worried about points for '08, it's just going to be a building year on many fronts.

Dave

How's the cage coming along?

(I like cupcakes)

mtownneon
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
04 Jan 2008 08:59 PM
Racerlinn wrote:
mtownneon wrote:
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Bobzilla wrote:

Dave

(I like cupcakes)

Not as quick as I would like. We've had this dead Daytona Shelby sucking up all of our shop time though Brian promises that I'll get to start twisting some tube next week. Everything is there except for the seat and it's due in a week. I do have to pick up a new gun for my welder which I'm going to do Monday. Once I get started it'll go pretty fast. It's pretty straight forward install it's not the typical "nose to tail jungle gym" cages I'm used to like this

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
07 Jan 2008 04:02 PM
Racerlinn wrote:
mtownneon wrote:
Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

Bobzilla wrote:

Dave

(I like cupcakes)

Well done, sir.

SlyFox87

--
11 Jan 2008 01:36 AM
turbohappy wrote:
The Nebulizer wrote:

So, are X class members supposed to be helping out novices? I heard something about this at the last meeting, but I never knew there was anything formal like that.

I was thinking of an extension of this. What if we gave X members (or some other experienced autocrossers) the work assignment of just helping out novices during their runs. They could simply walk around the grid and make themselves available for ride alongs, give tips on technique specific to that vehicle, or help with tire inflation, etc. I would think this would be more enjoyable than shagging cones, and would give novices some much needed help. (I know I always feel like I must be bugging other racers on the grid when I ask for help - but if it was actually someone's job I would be much more enclined to ask) What do you think?

I'm actually in charge of the rookie program for next year, but hoping to get some help from the X class folks [:)] Your suggestion is interesting. Unfortunately, I'm not sure how many "regular" workers we can spare. We've already talked about counting some other assignments. I'm not sure it makes sense to have a bunch, but one or two could be really cool.

depending on how my job hunting goes in the near future, i'd be willing to just show up and "teach". i haven't been around solo very long but some is better than none.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 2 << < 12

Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports SPS 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner