You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 1 of 41234 > >>
Author Messages
turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
19 Dec 2007 01:48 PM

Who's getting a new car? Who's adding mods to their current car? Fess up ;o)

Personally, I have a long list of to-dos, but things I'll likely get to this off-season:

1. New battery, lights-on chime so no more new batteries [;)]

2. New street tires, slightly smaller so no more raising/lowering car

3. New cat, high-flow

4. New exhaust, joint in wheelwell for ease of disconnecting but overall lighter than current

5. Remove tint, looks nasty

6. Remove front swaybar

7. New rear swaybar, pimpy sort of custom

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Dec 2007 02:13 PM

De-modding. I am driving YOUR car! lol

"6. Remove front swaybar" ......wait, wha? Guess that knife edge just got a little thinner! hehehe

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Dec 2007 04:38 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:

De-modding. I am driving YOUR car! lol

"6. Remove front swaybar" ......wait, wha? Guess that knife edge just got a little thinner! hehehe

Definitely. Less weight! Probably go with a little less tire stagger (no front spacers).

The Nebulizer
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    19 Dec 2007 05:33 PM

We need to see some pictures of the cars undergoing transformations. I know Joel Harlemen posted that he might dropping a big engine into his Fiero. Some progress pictures of these kind of projects would be really cool.

All I plan to do is get some R comps - Kumho V710s seem to be the prevalent recommendation. I think I may have found some wheels too (Z4M coupe wheels). I thought about going all out for the stock specs and get dampers and front sway bar, but I think I will hold off on that stuff. I have also been told I need to get an alignment - anyone have a recommended shop for a good alignment? (Or, will Performance Driven have something soon?)

duck_hunter_117

--
    19 Dec 2007 06:43 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

I know Joel Harlemen posted that he might dropping a big engine into his Fiero.

The reason for his engine swap is that he was tired of my ES Fiero beating his CSP Fiero :).
    I'm in the process of putting some new struts on my Fiero, I can try and get some pics of me jumping up and down on a breaker bar trying to jar loose 20 years of rust.

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Dec 2007 06:57 PM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

I have also been told I need to get an alignment - anyone have a recommended shop for a good alignment? (Or, will Performance Driven have something soon?)

Mike's Alignment downtown is good. I didn't like Northwest Frame & Alignment, but a lot of people seem to.

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Dec 2007 07:57 PM
    duck_hunter_117 wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

The reason for his engine swap is that he was tired of my ES Fiero beating his CSP Fiero :).
    I'm in the process of putting some new struts on my Fiero, I can try and get some pics of me jumping up and down on a breaker bar trying to jar loose 20 years of rust.

Hahaha.....do you have an impact wrench Ryan?

duck_hunter_117

--
    19 Dec 2007 09:02 PM
    Eclipse2Lancer wrote:
    duck_hunter_117 wrote:
    The Nebulizer wrote:

Hahaha.....do you have an impact wrench Ryan?

The impact wrench just tickles the bolts. I managed to get one side off after a bunch of jumping and PB Blaster.

mtownneon
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    19 Dec 2007 09:05 PM

I say I'm going to re-do the top end on the Neon, replace the cat, figure out the downstream O2 sensor problem, get rid of another 50 lbs or so but who am I kidding.

Between helping Brian take his business to the next level, and building the building the IT car, I think my car has gone on the back-burner for now.

Maybe if I can get ahead on that, not spend all my money on needed protective gear in getting ready for the driver's school, planning and executing the SCCA display along with the Performance Driven display at the Swap Meet while at the same time planning, installing, stocking, and opening a new store, I'll get those things done on my car.

Dave

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    20 Dec 2007 08:06 AM

You're always welcome to beat me in my own car Dave. . . .

For me, front camber bolts. That should be enough to overcome my 900lb weight difference and allow me to beat Brians Civic. I was planning on redoing my exhaust, making it nicer, better flowing and quieter, unfortunately the urgency of the clutch replacement put that idea on the back burner. Then the wife's cheapo daily driver needing a waterpump change killed anything else I had planned.

turbohappy
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    20 Dec 2007 10:53 AM
    duck_hunter_117 wrote:

The impact wrench just tickles the bolts. I managed to get one side off after a bunch of jumping and PB Blaster.

Earthquake from Harbor Freight. Beefcake. It'll get anything off.

gripfreak89

--
    21 Dec 2007 10:32 AM
    The Nebulizer wrote:

We need to see some pictures of the cars undergoing transformations. I know Joel Harlemen posted that he might dropping a big engine into his Fiero. Some progress pictures of these kind of projects would be really cool.

Ok, here it is. I'm switching my miata from sts2 to DP! It's been fun so far :]

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/files/1041002_8hjin/DP%20prep%201.JPG

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/files/1041005_kvp3h/DP%20prep.JPG

Some of the changes:

Weight reduction, to get the car down to about 1850 pounds w/o driver (close to min weight)

Engine work: Mild head porting and polishing, raised compression to 10.5:1 (vs 8.5:1)

New exhaust and header

Custom short Intake

Aluminum flywheel and new clutch

Suspension:

Go to 850/500 spring rates, rebuild my konis

New RB front swaybar.

Wheels/tires

9 pound a piece 3piece racing wheels 13x10

R35 compound 9" wide and 10" wide hoosier bias ply slicks

Those are the basics. I plan to have a lot of fun next season and learn to drive a faster car.

My brother is putting on a 200whp turbo in what used to be an sts2 miata (the red one white white stripes).

That's all for me, nothing major..... right?

gripfreak89

--
    21 Dec 2007 10:36 AM
    Bobzilla wrote:

For me, front camber bolts. That should be enough to overcome my 900lb weight difference and allow me to beat Brians Civic.

I hope you're joking. No offense.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Dec 2007 11:13 AM
    Of course not. Why? You think I don't need them to beat him? cause if so that would save me $20.
    gripfreak89

--
    21 Dec 2007 02:56 PM

Opposite, I think you're gonna need a lot more to beat Brian. But that's just my opinion. Are you using the Bridgestones?

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Dec 2007 03:47 PM

*sigh* This is the only problem with online forums. . . my humor doesn't come through well.

I know I won't even come close, it's just a funny little running joke I have with dave/Will. I am on the Hankook RS-2's in a 225/45/16. Tires were just starting to get sticky by the last race.

gripfreak89

--
    21 Dec 2007 05:09 PM

haha, that's my bad then. I do this a lot, probably because I'm foreign.

And you could come close, but I dont think your car is the "right car to have" for the class, although you could surely do well regionally. And you probably already know this.

Bobzilla
    Veteran Member
    Veteran Member

--
    21 Dec 2007 05:54 PM

I have so much to learn. . . sometimes I'm not sure where to start! The important thing is I'm having a ball, meeting some fantastic people and learning a little along the way. As long as I keep my trap shut and my ears open when my "elders" are talking, I might learn a thing or two!

Brownsburg eh? We live just north of Fayette inside the Boone Co line.

gripfreak89

--
    21 Dec 2007 07:49 PM

You should listen to young people too, old doesnt necessarily mean wise (hope I dont get in trouble for saying that)

especially when a 17-year old sets FTD in sts2... [;)]

Eclipse2Lancer
    Advanced Member
    Advanced Member

--
    21 Dec 2007 08:40 PM
    German that looks like a fun build. Can't wait to see it at an event in '08.
    You are not authorized to post a reply.
    Page 1 of 41234 > >>

SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports
    Vorshlag 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
    Sunoco 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner