73 Replies
Sort:
You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>
Author Messages
Shahab323is

--
22 Dec 2007 12:58 PM
I'm thinking 130k miles and 4 autocross events is enough for my factory suspension. Planning on replacing various wear items and getting some konis.
brgmcs

--
22 Dec 2007 10:01 PM
  1. New wheels (15x8s and required spacers on hand, but not on the car yet)
  2. Tires (waiting to see what comes out in good 15" and 16" sizes)
  3. Fix whatever falls off the car
  4. New number panels to replace the cone-scuffed and torn originals from 2002.

gripfreak89

--
25 Dec 2007 04:54 PM
Scott, I thought you were already using 15x8's? Are you considering the 275/35-15 Hoosiers or are those way out of budget (they would be for me...)
brgmcs

--
25 Dec 2007 07:59 PM

Nope, 15x7 with 225/45 or 225/50 R compounds, or 16x7.5 with street tires (typically 214/45-16 Azenis). I'd love to try the 275 Hoosiers, but that really requires a 10" wheel and more budget than I have right now.

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
31 Dec 2007 04:28 PM
brgmcs wrote:

Nope, 15x7 with 225/45 or 225/50 R compounds, or 16x7.5 with street tires (typically 214/45-16 Azenis). I'd love to try the 275 Hoosiers, but that really requires a 10" wheel and more budget than I have right now.

You going to run in regular SM or come over to the new SM street tire (SMS)?

brgmcs

--
31 Dec 2007 10:26 PM

Just like in 2007, I'll probably blow off going for year-end points in Indy Region again this season and run whatever is convenient for the event. When Parker is with me to run the kart, I have to be able to drive to the event on the tires I'll compete on. Unfortunately, none of the really good ST tires are currently made in sizes that are MINI friendly in 15" or 16" sizes unless I swap wheels prior to driving to the event (ie really short tires that won't work day-to-day). I have no desire to buy a set of 17" wheels at this point.

For CSCC, I'll probably do the same thing. That means running a mix of street and R compounds at different events.

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
01 Jan 2008 04:26 PM

I'm guessing SM will be pretty empty with most of us moving to the SM street tire class.

back on topic...

I have a new turbo and Intercooler (and support mods) to put on the car this winter. I don't imagine it will improve my autocross times much, but it will fun out in the real world.

Shahab323is

--
02 Jan 2008 01:17 AM
dbrier wrote:

I'm guessing SM will be pretty empty with most of us moving to the SM street tire class.

back on topic...

I have a new turbo and Intercooler (and support mods) to put on the car this winter. I don't imagine it will improve my autocross times much, but it will fun out in the real world.

all catted and emissions legal of course =]

elwood

--
02 Jan 2008 01:20 PM

brgmcs wrote:
..Unfortunately, none of the really good ST tires are currently made in sizes that are MINI friendly in 15" or 16" sizes unless I swap wheels prior to driving to the event (ie really short tires that won't work day-to-day). I have no desire to buy a set of 17" wheels at this point....

I have the same dilemma. But, I do have a set of 17" wheels handy. so I may try the RE01s in 235/40-17.

Otherwise, I just want to work out a few bugs. I may also do some basic weight saving mods, maybe some light fixed-back seats if I get really ambitious. I think my main priority really should be driver mods.

dbrier
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
03 Jan 2008 07:51 AM
Shahab323is wrote:

all catted and emissions legal of course =]

of course

Not too many SM cars that run 2 (series setup) cats in the exhaust. I like to make power without sacrificing air quality since it is my daily driver.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
03 Jan 2008 11:30 AM
gripfreak89 wrote:

You should listen to young people too, old doesnt necessarily mean wise (hope I dont get in trouble for saying that)

especially when a 17-year old sets FTD in sts2... [;)]

I should have brought the Bridgestones. [:@]

modernbeat
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
03 Jan 2008 02:10 PM

Changes for '08

Sell or part out the STS2 Miata.

Move the DA-Konis to the new DP Miata, finish the motor and build a rollbar. Start improving it so I can drive it during '09.

Finish the bodywork on the B-Mod Lotus 7 (bike motor makes it illegal for D-Mod) so I can compete in it during '08.

Start collecting parts for the Lotus Europa I recently purchased and intend to build up for X-Prepared.

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
08 Jan 2008 10:53 AM
modernbeat wrote:

Changes for '08

Sell or part out the STS2 Miata.

Move the DA-Konis to the new DP Miata, finish the motor and build a rollbar. Start improving it so I can drive it during '09.

Finish the bodywork on the B-Mod Lotus 7 (bike motor makes it illegal for D-Mod) so I can compete in it during '08.

Start collecting parts for the Lotus Europa I recently purchased and intend to build up for X-Prepared.

Hey Jason, welcome to Indy. [;)]

Do I still have first dibs on those SSRs?

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Jan 2008 11:33 AM
GChambers wrote:

Hey Jason, welcome to Indy. [;)]

Do I still have first dibs on those SSRs?

What SSRs? [;)]

modernbeat
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Jan 2008 01:07 PM

The 16x7.5 4x100 SSRs that I ran on my STS2 Miata in '06.

GC is second in line. Like he's been since I bought them.

I got a slightly low offer on the mostly-parted-out car. After this weekend (driving the B-Mod Lotus7) I'm having second thoughts about DP-Miatas and may jump straight into my XP-Lotus Europa project after I sell all the Miatas. That means Koni 2812s, multiple springs, wheels, '99 engine (in a drivable but ugly car), '90 roller, 4.78:1 with Type1 Torsen and '94 stubs, and more will be for sale.

turbohappy
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Jan 2008 03:58 PM
modernbeat wrote:

I got a slightly low offer on the mostly-parted-out car. After this weekend (driving the B-Mod Lotus7) I'm having second thoughts about DP-Miatas and may jump straight into my XP-Lotus Europa project after I sell all the Miatas. That means Koni 2812s, multiple springs, wheels, '99 engine (in a drivable but ugly car), '90 roller, 4.78:1 with Type1 Torsen and '94 stubs, and more will be for sale.

Cool. So are you actually moving or just like annoying Geoff? [:)]

modernbeat
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
08 Jan 2008 06:14 PM

turbohappy wrote:
Cool. So are you actually moving or just like annoying Geoff? [:)]

No moving.

If you click "latest posts" the Indy posts come up with all the rest. When I replied I didn't realize this was a regional post.

I do like annoying Geoff, though. [:D]

GChambers
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
09 Jan 2008 11:04 AM
modernbeat wrote:

2nd? Dood..... [8o|]

Hey, you can give me a killer deal on those Konis too... I am first in line for those still, correct? [:D]

Edit: Don't tell me Hollis is the guy in line in ront of me...

Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Jan 2008 11:11 AM
GChambers wrote:
modernbeat wrote:

2nd? Dood..... [8o|]

Hey, you can give me a killer deal on those Konis too... I am first in line for those still, correct? [:D]

You gonna need 'em G.....cause Ricky Bobby is coming for you in X Class this year! :D

modernbeat
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
09 Jan 2008 12:23 PM
GChambers wrote:
modernbeat wrote:

2nd? Dood..... [8o|]

You're first for Konis. Hollis is first for SSRs. [A]

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 2 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

G-Loc Button Vorshlag 88x31 Button
Sunoco 88x31 Button
SPS 88x31 Button Woodhouse Motorsports

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner