Veteran Member

--
09 Jan 2008 02:25 PM

Dammit. I'll never see those wheels.

So, about those Konis...

SlyFox87

--
11 Jan 2008 01:51 AM
i am now the proud owner of a fox body. it doesn't go fast for a 5.0 but it has better gas mileage than my truck AND it's carbed at that. as much as i'd love to build a motor for it...i can't due to losing my job. The car was a former drag wanna be so i'm repairing the rear suspension and making custom subframe connectors and other chassis braces. On that note, I do custom fab work on the side such as TIG and MIG welding, milling, and very very limited lathe work. i also have a variety of flat steel and some tubing thats up for sale. I do own a mandrel tubing bender but only have a select few dies available. prices are negotiable.
Eclipse2Lancer
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

--
12 Jan 2008 02:35 PM
Sorry to hear about the job loss, Riley. I know how that feels.
SlyFox87

--
15 Jan 2008 07:41 AM
Thanks Will. I've got a leg in the door here in town but who knows the way the market is these days. It's especially hard finding someone who is willing to work with me going to school.
Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
15 Jan 2008 07:57 AM

This is a wierd business, that's for sure.

Back OT. . . Clutch . . .Done. Camber bolts . . . Done. Exhaust. . . sorta. At least I have all the pieces, just got to get the pipe work and welded up.

DRAG

--
18 Jan 2008 05:51 PM

I'm going to start out the same as I ended last year, and possibly upgrade to a nice coilover and plates so I can get my -3 camber I want and squeeze some 275 slicks in there on an 18x9.5 wheel. Just depends on how involved I get I suppose.

MichaelBenz

--
18 Jan 2008 10:00 PM
Damn.....thats gonna knock me down one slot at a minimum! lol You got better times than I did in that AWD EVO at just about all the events you ran at! Doh! Gonna have to keep working on those driver skills to try to keep up!
DRAG

--
21 Jan 2008 05:53 PM

Michael Benz wrote:
Damn.....thats gonna knock me down one slot at a minimum! lol You got better times than I did in that AWD EVO at just about all the events you ran at! Doh! Gonna have to keep working on those driver skills to try to keep up!

I may stick to the street tire thing if that proves most challenging for me. I assume you are sticking to the slicks Benzo?

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
24 Jan 2008 03:34 PM

I just bought some new wheels in preparation for my Kumho V710s I plan to get. Well, the new wheels will likely be my daily wheels and the old wheels will be the race wheels - so my picture is not so much on topic, but I wanted to post anyway. (This is not my car - and definitely not my fancy brakes, but it shows what the wheels are like.) The wheels are from the beautiful, but misunderstood BMW Z4 M coupe - with the sexy sloping hardtop. Sorry, I don't have more in depth changes to discuss, but I plan to stay stock.

DRAG

--
25 Jan 2008 01:46 AM

Drool over that car!

And I very much understand the beauty of the M Coupe. It is one of my favorites :D Kinda like a mini Viper...with BMW refinement

The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
25 Jan 2008 12:04 PM

The car above is the upgraded CSL M3. (not available in US)

For those who don't know the Z4 M coupe (since no one is buying them for some reason), here is what we are talking about:

It's hard to believe this car was an afterthought to the original Z4. Those great lines look like it was the original design.

DRAG, that's right, your dad has a Z4. When is your pops going to stop by the forums? I need to start my A-stock trash talking with him. He's going down!!!!! [:@] (he got me at the final Walesboro, but I came back and beat him at the Worker Inv.) We should have some good battles this season. Is he getting R comps?

gripfreak89

--
30 Jan 2008 10:50 AM

December 29th I was coming home from work when a BiG BROWN UPS truck hit me in driver's front side, or shall I say I hit it (it was both mine and his fault, but FWI I was driving the speed limit). Frame is bent and I wont attempt to repair it. A couple days ago I drove to Pennsylvania and trailered home a red 92' miata with no engine. Hopefully I can get everything transferred and ready quickly but this takes a hit on my budget and it's not gonna be as nice as I planned (for now).

Oh well. I will put up some pics when I get stuff done.

Now my family owns 3 red miatas :)

Oh and Braian got his turbo working pretty good, though I'm afraid he'll be spinning out more than the usual....

DRAG

--
01 Feb 2008 01:44 PM

Well I made a bigger change than I had anticipated. I will be slower than last year I think, but maybe not. It handles pretty well.

brgmcs

--
01 Feb 2008 05:37 PM
Nice! [Y]
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
01 Feb 2008 06:30 PM
gripfreak89 wrote:

December 29th I was coming home from work when a BiG BROWN UPS truck hit me in driver's front side, or shall I say I hit it (it was both mine and his fault, but FWI I was driving the speed limit). Frame is bent and I wont attempt to repair it. A couple days ago I drove to Pennsylvania and trailered home a red 92' miata with no engine. Hopefully I can get everything transferred and ready quickly but this takes a hit on my budget and it's not gonna be as nice as I planned (for now).

Oh well. I will put up some pics when I get stuff done.

Now my family owns 3 red miatas :)

Oh and Braian got his turbo working pretty good, though I'm afraid he'll be spinning out more than the usual....

Ouch! That stinks. If only that UPS truck had been cone-orange - then you could have swerved right around it. So, you are doing an engine swap. Anything else making its way to the new Miata, suspension? Post some pictures of the transformation if you get a chance.

How much power do you think Brian is getting with the Turbo?

DRAG, very nice ride. Are you keeping it stock?

DRAG

--
02 Feb 2008 01:02 AM
I'll keep it stock until an aftermarket clutch becomes available, then I will probably add some horsey power. I was glad to see that the 245 18s didn't fill up too much wheel well, so it looks like there is some room for some meat under there. We will see. I'm sure it will be stock for all of this auto x season.
gripfreak89

--
06 Feb 2008 10:48 AM

I always think of taking pictures but I never get the time when I'm actually working on the car. I'm swapping the engine yes, It's sitting in my garage floor right now getting cleaned and some things getting painted. Suspension will be stiffer and I'm getting it all re-valved, and as I said I'll be on 9 or 10" wide hoosier slicks.

A lot of work. But I will post some pics If i get the time.

I do wish that UPS was cone orange!

Racerlinn
Basic Member
Basic Member

--
06 Feb 2008 11:03 AM

Anyone have a metal lathe available?

I need to grind down the edge of new water pump pulley.

Steve

Bobzilla
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
06 Feb 2008 11:31 AM
I need to find a local club racer changing out their harnesses. . . .
The Nebulizer
Veteran Member
Veteran Member

--
12 Feb 2008 12:48 AM

I found a really good deal on lightly used ground control coilovers with camber plates (8k miles - half price). If I get these, this should help with my springiness and understeer a bit, but hopefully still keep ride comfort pretty nice for city driving. Hopefully, someone can give me a clue how to adjust these for track and street, as I don't understand anything about dampers and I would just be guessing at camber angle. Performance driven, can you hook me up with a nice install price?

Later this year, if I can find some more coins hiding in my friends couches, I may also pick up a CAI for a projected (but not necessarily believable) gain of 18hp. I just like the sound and perceived increase in responsiveness. And, then maybe later still, stiffer sway bars to hopefully finish off my desired parts list.

And, in unrelated autocross upgrades, I got my new wheels like in the picture above. (I don't think I am getting R comps at this point - spent that on coilovers, so I will likely just swap out to preserve tread on my best tires). In other non-autocross changes, I updated my headlights. When I bought the car it had xenon upgrades literally duct-taped into halogen housings (with no projector lens or high cut off) - yeah, that was me blinding everyone at night. Well, I found a super deal on used proper xenon housings (with projector lens and high cutoff) and tore my old housings appart to swap parts (not an easy job) and got it all wired up properly and it looks stock (now the lights don't bounce when I go over bumps). The previous DIYer had also installed angel eyes (light rings) which are common on BMWs, but they were wired from the turn signals making neither work (I cut this bad wiring when I got the car so the turn signals would work. (Fortunately, the previous owner looks to have only mangled the headlights). Well, I braved the cold this last weekend to properly wire up the angel eyes. When I switched them on - they were not the traditional white I was expecting, but BRIGHT BLUE (on a blue car).

[+o(]

After I got done vomitting, I removed the fuse to deactivate them... frozen fingers for nothing.

You are not authorized to post a reply.
Page 3 of 4 << < 1234 > >>

Leroy Engineering Micro Button Sunoco 88x31 Button
Woodhouse Motorsports
SPS 88x31 Button G-Loc Button
Vorshlag 88x31 Button

Advertise on SCCAForums.com and reach thousands of visitors per day!

SafeRacer FREE SHIPPING over $99

Shop for Pirelli tires at Tire Rack. blank

Sunoco Bottom 468x60 Banner